Voting Round 1 - Mahou Tsukai no Yome vs. School-Live! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Mahou Tsukai no Yome vs. School-Live!

Who wins?

• Mahou Tsukai no Yome

• School-Live!

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MArGi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France

Mahou Tsukai no Yome
Kore Yamazaki
-

School-Live!
Norimitsu Kaiho

Rules
- You are allowed to vote for one Manga
- After 5 days, the Manga with the most votes will proceed into the next round
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well I read both and while Gakkou Gurashi is good and has some intense moments, it falls short later on because it's dragging too much... but I don't really want to bash it, I still enjoy it.

Overall Mahoutsukai is much better though, it really captures the magic and wonder of the world. Not to mention it has an amazing cast and a beautiful story.
I'm sure many of you know nothing about this series, so let me try to introduce you:

First and foremost this is a story about Hatori Chise, a girl trying to find a place she can call home, someone who lives on the border of the real and the magic world. Without spoiling anything, she's been a very unfortunate girl, but things start to change once she meets the magus Elias Ainsworth.

From there the story unfolds and many things happen, but at the center this is always about Elias and Chise going through life together and maturing along the way.
Now this may sound vague, but their story manages to capture you right from the start. Each chapter can be very soothing or move you to tears, as they meet many different people and "creatures". There's this feel of a vast, fleshed-out world full of fascinating ideas. Considering the story mainly happens in England, you will recognize many western legends and magic beings. And while this may sound like just sunshine and happy feelings, the story can get really dark at times, exactly because neither humans nor magic creatures are free from malice.

But I don't want to say too much during my first post, this should be enough to give all of you an idea regarding what to expect from this. In case some of you don't know, the series has an anime adaptation starting this fall too, so please check it out if you're too lazy to give the manga a try (but please do, it's awesome).
Let yourself be engulfed by this wonderfuld word and follow Chise through her journey~

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Favoring Mahoutsukai. I completed the OVAs today...

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Going with Mahoutsukai because of @niichan 's campaign.

Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Where is the guy who nominated Gakkou Gurashi, I can't properly campaign like this :( oh well, if he doesn't show up I will make another campaign post later anyway...

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
I again forgot who nominated Gakkou

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Where is the guy who nominated Gakkou Gurashi, I can't properly campaign like this :( oh well, if he doesn't show up I will make another campaign post later anyway...
I again forgot who nominated Gakkou
I nominated Gakkou Gurashi though I feel like I should have nominated Detective Conan instead because it's one of the first anime/manga I watch/read.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So you're saying you already regret your nomination...? Now that's one amazing campaign, if I've ever seen one :XD

I'm kinda losing my motivation, maybe I will share more stuff tomorrow :oh

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
School-Live! because it simply blew my mind.
I thought it was a simple Manga about girls having the time of their lives in highschool, but I couldn't have been more wrong....

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I went with Mahoutsukai because it's one of my most anticipated anime of this season.

I haven't read the manga but what little I have seen is gives me some XXXholic vibes. That means it gets my vote.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.