Voting Round 2 - Mai Sakurajima vs. Miyamoto Musashi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Mai Sakurajima vs. Miyamoto Musashi

Who Wins?

• Mai Sakurajima

• Miyamoto Musashi

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Musashi seeks to best the foe she failed against last year!

Firstly, if you haven't already read the first part of my campaign from Round 1, let's cover that again shall we?
Musashi's character is one of the main reasons for why I am drawn to her, and it's the same deal for a lot of Fate/Grand Order fans. A girl who enjoys life's journeys and is fairly easy going, she is down to earth, approachable and someone who loves to have a good time. Musashi uses her journey throughout life and the various places she travels as a means to grow as a person and work towards the goal she constantly strives to achieve. Knowing that she isn't perfect, she embraces her flaws and even finds confidence in them, which is a life lesson I think we can all learn from as we strive to better ourselves!

Of course, Musashi does have a strong sense of justice and a serious side to her. When the going gets tough, she's unyielding, unflinching and unwavering in her resolve, and will always stand true to her values! If you're ever in a bind, no matter the situation she is dependable and will see you through it! This kickarse swordsmaster will never let those she cares for (yes that's you ya cutie~) be left to struggle, and pull through so you win any and every battle you come across!

Dependable, easy going, and always great to have around, when it comes to waifu you couldn't do much better than Musashi! What are you waiting for? Hit that vote button now and you can go get udon with her and then have some fun on the beach! Maybe she'll take you for a ride on her jet ski too!

Now that we've made sure to cover the first part again, let's talk about what else I love about Musashi that makes my waifu and a top tier one at that!
Musashi is an inspirational character when you consider the lessons that can be learnt from her. In a world where men are typically the pinnacle due to the standards of the time, she decided to walk her own path to becoming the best swordswoman she could be, going against the wishes of her father. This was more for her own sake and wants more than anything else, but she had the drive to take those steps into going it on her own in a cruel world, and she had the will to get through many challenges.

Taking things into her own hands and walking her own path takes courage, for stepping away from the easy path and trying to see how far you can go in the end. Speaking on that, she goes through trials but comes out on top, continuing her quest to reach the void; the mental state of emptiness, which is the ultimate mental state. To that end she walks her own path, not worrying about what may lay ahead but embracing the journey for it's highs and lows, something we all can do.

Beyond having an alluring personality and being a trailblazer in chasing her dreams, I am also fond of Musashi's aesthetics and looks. I don't need to do a big write up here of course because it's obvious, but it puts the cherry on top of an already luscious and decadent sundae.

Another part of what makes her a fun and energetic person to be with is how she spends her free time! As previously mentioned, her life takes her to many different places as a part of her life journey and alongside that comes some hobbies! She loves hiking and the sense of exploration. You can travel the world with her, and explore and discover more about each other. You can also go on a culinary journey with Musashi, as she loves her food (as do we all!) and loves to eat new things (she loves eating in general to be honest :XD); try something new with Musashi or go for her favourite meal: Udon!

A girl who loves life's journey, and loves her master (you) even more! Please consider voting for Musashi!

"Whoo, what a splendidly beautiful woman I am!"

Gajeel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Mai Sakurajima

Who is Mai ?

Mai is the main female protagonist of the series; Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai wo Minai. Alongside her boyfriend Sakuta Azusagawa, they attend Minegahara High School in a modern-day Japan world where their relationship flourishes through a multitude of events known as adolescence syndromes. Their relationship started when Mai developed her Adolescence Syndrome which made her invisible/forgotten to the eyes of the people except to Sakuta's and a few others as she wished to be forgotten by society for she grew tired of her idol/model lifestyle due to personal reasons. In brief, Mai is a high schooler (third-year), but also an idol/model on the side, who got to meet and started dating the main male protagonist Sakuta Azusagawa after she developed her Adolescence Syndrome, a key element of the show.

''Adolescence Syndrome, also known as Puberty Syndrome (思春期症候群, Shishunki shōkōgun) is a term used to describe abnormal experiences during adolescence as a result of sensitivity and instability. Although considered an urban legend, this occurrence is experienced by each of the main characters.''

What makes Mai such a great waifu ? short version

1. Mai might look like a cold person at first glance in the anime and you might think that she's an egocentric person because she's an idol/model, but she's actually the complete opposite! Those who have watched the series know already, but Mai is a very selfless, emotional, and pure-hearted person who prioritizes Sakuta and their relationship* above anything else to the point where she wouldn't hesitate sacrificing herself if it was for Sakuta's sake.
*could be developed into an essay

Sakuta and Mai

2. I have stated that she prioritizes Sakuta above anything else, but she's also a very caring person who wants the best for those close to her and Sakuta. Such caringness can be seen in her relationship with Sakuta's little sister Kaede when she and Sakuta help her overcome her fear of society and go back to school, with her half-sister Nodoka as it was revealed that Mai had kept all of Nodoka's letters even considering their personal problems, and with her boyfriend's first crush Shoko when Mai tries to save her from her illness.

Kaede and Mai
3. In her relationship, Mai is an affectionate person who loves to tease and act snarky around Sakuta which sometimes backfires at her as she gets shy when Sakuta says something unexpected in their sarcastic interactions. Although she likes to play around, she knows the boundaries between being playful and being more serious or showing another, ''more sincere'', side of her love. I'd love to share more about this aspect, but in case Mai gets further in the tournament, I'd like to save this part to elaborate on it later on.

Their relationship

Their relationship

4. Not only that, but Mai is also an intelligent and fashionable person with good skill for cooking, to say the least!

Mai the Chef

Mai motivating and helping Sakuta with his studies

As a wise person in a comment section of YouTube once said:

I am NOT going to argue with you this year around man, so please do not diss my waifu. Thank you for your comprehension. Much love, Gajeel.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
It's time to serve up some more Musashi art!

(get it? :XD )

A classy swordsmaster!

Able to pull off any outfit!

Swordsmaster and a Swordbeauty!

Glamourous in traditional garb!

Having some water on a hiking trip!

And finishing it off with some fun at the beach!

Miyamoto Musashi, the stunning swordbeauty!

This post was made by Musashi gang! We may write a post later but we are reformed and will only focus on our girl! Remember, vote #1 Musashi!

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Both of you are repeating with your waifus iirc. Battle of the loyal?

Hard to choose between the waifus and the campaigns.
Aye, we're both loyal to our girls and for me personally this years' campaign is me trying to run the right way and redeem myself for last year where I got toxic with what I said. This year it's all hype for my girl and art posting :feelsgoodman

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Aye, we're both loyal to our girls and for me personally this years' campaign is me trying to run the right way and redeem myself for last year where I got toxic with what I said. This year it's all hype for my girl and art posting :feelsgoodman
Well, that was last year. In the past. You can make the right choices for you and your waifu now.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well, that was last year. In the past. You can make the right choices for you and your waifu now.
Aye aye my dude, this year we're all focused on Musashi and her jet ski :feelsgoodman
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Musashi's Personality

Not that kind...

I've mentioned her character previously but Musashi's personality really does make her the best Fate waifu and an overall incredible waifu in my books. Laid-back, easily approachable and fun-loving; she can come across as tomboyish at times but she's got a hell of a lot of feminine charm to her, combining the two halves of her characteristics can make her very appealing to be around in various scenarios. She ticks all the boxes for a caring, loving, and doting waifu, but that's not all there is to Musashi. That "wild side", a brazen attitude to embrace the highs and lows of life's journeys and make the most of whatever comes her way is an addictive trait that rubs off on those around her and enables people to let go of that which may be holding them back/troubling them. For all her personal achievements and her combat skills which are otherworldly, it's Musashi's willingness to embrace her flaws like being too gung-ho in some situations or not thinking some things through that can lead to some hilarious moments that makes her human and gives her not just a sense of believability as a waifu but something we all can relate to. Through acknowledging her flaws; she's able to shine brighter as a person and through that touch the lives of those around her so much better. Incredible elegance, but also with a brash side that just wants to have a fun, it's these things that make Musashi such an attractive waifu and the one I have to campaign for in these events.

Musashi teaches us that, like her, no one is perfect yet we are still capable of incredible things. Every chance encounter with people, as sceptical as we may be, can actually lead to something incredible as can any moment in life and it's important to make the most of these fleeting moments. Through making the most of these moments, being able to embrace the chance of failure do we grow as people, and as a waifu Musashi not only sets an example for how we can live our lives better but she makes it more fun to do so!

Art posting time!

Have a nice day, and remember to vote for your girl Musashi if you dig what we're throwing down!
--- Double Post Merged, ---

IT'S SATURDAY, AND THAT MEANS IT'S TIME FOR SOME SUMMER-Y SATURDAY SUMMER MUSASHI!

Splash and dash! Thank you to all who have supported the Musashi campaign so far, and I hope those who haven't yet will join us and vote for Musashi here!

Status
Not open for further replies.