Shoujo - Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist by Takadono Madoka & Yukihiro Utako | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shoujo Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist by Takadono Madoka & Yukihiro Utako

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Title: Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist
Alternative Title: Hell Prince - Devils and Realist
Author: Takadono Madoka
Artist: Yukihiro Utako
Year: 2009
Publisher: Ichijinsha
Serialized in: Comic Zero-Sum
Edited Manga: On-going @ The Zero Alliance
Genre: Comedy, Fantasy, Historical, Mystery, School Life, Shoujo, Supernatural

Summary:
William Twining is blessed with both brains and wealth. He attends a prestigious school and lives in a huge mansion with his uncle and butler. But when his uncle's business endeavours fail, the Twining family is left bankrupt.
While searching in a storeroom of his home for objects to put up for sale, William stumbles upon a secret room. This room contains a magical seal, with which he unintentionally summons a demon. This demon, Dantalion, tells William that he wields sole authority in selecting the "substitute ruler" of the demon world! So naturally, the candidates for the throne will pursue the bewildered and annoyed young man...

Personal Thoughts:
I love how this manga can be hilarious sometimes, with William insisting not to believe in magic, though he's been seeing evidences of it in front of his eyes. William is not a typical hero (oh, how he loves money... :fail), which makes him really interesting. The other characters are intriguing as well, especially Dantalion. (Not to mention, how good-looking all of them are. :teehee) The thing I love best about this manga is the reference to Solomon and the 72 demons in the Lesser Key of Solomon (though only a few demons show up in the manga). I don't really like how demons are shown in a good light and angels in a bad light, but.. it's just a story after all. *shrug* I'm also a bit disturbed with hints of shounen-ai but since nothing actually happens, I tolerate it.
Oh, and there's going to be an anime adaptation soon! :zomg I'm really excited for it.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist by Takadono Madoka & Yukihiro Utako

I was going to say "Hey, this looks interesting!" but then I saw the word shounen-ai... :oh

Well, given how I seem to be easily bored with lectures and spend time reading manga instead, I may decide to pick the series up soon. The summary looks quite entertaining, with comedy and fantasy element. Just not sure about that special word. :|

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist by Takadono Madoka & Yukihiro Utako

I was going to say "Hey, this looks interesting!" but then I saw the word shounen-ai... :oh

Well, given how I seem to be easily bored with lectures and spend time reading manga instead, I may decide to pick the series up soon. The summary looks quite entertaining, with comedy and fantasy element. Just not sure about that special word. :|
Nah, just ignore it. As I said, nothing really happens. I think it is inevitable that it has the vibes of shounen-ai because of the lack of female characters.
The plot and characters are really worth it (though sometimes you might get exasperated at William), you should check it when you have the time. And since it's going to have anime adaptation, you might be more prepared when you want to watch it. The cast is full of good seiyuus. :cheez