Info - Manga Wars 2019 - Award Ceremony | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info Manga Wars 2019 - Award Ceremony

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Ladies and gentleman.
It's been roughly a month since we started this wonderful event. There have been many wonderful campaigns and truly a lot of dedication.
The Manga Wars 2019 were the first event which used a different style of voting and fighting.
Did you like the changes? Tell us in this thread!

I don't want to say much more as clearly, our beloved Manga deserve this stage and not me or the rest of the staff.

Nevertheless I wanna thank all of you who made this event possible.
Especially you who is just reading this post. You made this event enjoyable and fun and without you, we would never have turned this into a heaven on earth.
(And if this might seem familiar to you and you might want to complain, then keep in mind that we at MH love our hammers.)³

Let's get started, shall we?

Hunter X Hunter

Yoshihiro Togashi

Totsukuni no Shoujo

Nagabe

Gintama

Hideaki Sorachi

That's it for this years Manga Wars. I hope that we will see you all again next year, to shower this forum with your love and dedication for Manga once more.
* bows *

PS: Please look forward to our next events as well.

~Sky

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Congrats @Gryffindor on winning this war, a well deserved win
And @Erinyes and @Arjuna on being second and third respectively
:confetti :confetti :confetti
Thanks sky on hosting this event as usual tho to be honest spice wise I think the old ways are better as there more interaction between players.

I think everyone should say what they think about this new system.

Last edited:

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
With Kouka winning the Waifu Wars this makes Gintama the main star of this year. <_>
Congrats @Gryffindor! Your campaigns were great to read :zomg congrats to Eru-chi and Arjuna too, now I hope more people got interesed to read Totsukuni. :blush

And thank you Sky-san for hosting and all the nominators, looking forward for the next year wars already. (*´▽`*)

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
1st Huge thanks to @Sky and everyone in the staff who make the event happens, enjoyed it alot and great thxs to everyone who joins

Congrats to @Gryffindor you did amazingly well & @Arjuna for 3rd place.

Great thanks to all of you, i never expected to reach the final step of the Manga wars, im truly grateful to every single one who supported this cute little gem. I have not enough words to thank you

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I will give especial thanks to @Sky as usual for always doing this herculean task 100% beautifully.

Also congratulations to @Gryffindor & @Erinyes .

With Kouka winning the Waifu Wars this makes Gintama the main star of this year. <_>
Congrats
In before Gintoki wins this year's Husband's war.

lakhan220

Reaction score
Country
India
Congrats to @Gryffindor for the win . :3c Finally, u get 1 win after all. :confetti
Congrats to @Erinyes for providing such a cut throat competition with a relatively new manga with those awesome campaigns :hi and congrats to @Arjuna for the 3rd place. Ur H x H campaigns were good.

And thanks to all the mods who were directly or indirectly involved in organizing this event.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Well fought, Erin, you had a great campaign and highlighted everything I’ve been loving about the manga during my recent read-through. Definitely deserved to go as far as you did. :nod

But, once again, Gryffindor is my favorite campaigner. This guy always manages to pull off funny, clean, thought-through and well-written campaigns in event after event. And Gintama deserves to finally win, I’m happy the manga got some celebration here after recently ending.

Thanks for the event @Sky and all the other mods. This format wasn’t as salt-provoking but I do think it was the more fair way to do it. :nod

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Nice work. Second place was a cool pick but the others are pretty much the same high scorers as every year :bedtime

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Gryff might actually show up for the ceremony now. Every other time he goes and has a big cry alone after an L, which is often.

Congrats Gryffindor. Your tactic to appear loyal and cling on to the sentiment of a manga that just finished has served you well. Enjoy your first chip.

Erinyes you did great as usual, thank you.

My love goes out to the staff involved

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Wow, what an event! It was a lot different than we're used to, but I did like it in the end. It just needs a little more tweaks and it'll be a better voting system.

Congrats to @Gryffindor for winning, @Erinyes for second place and @Arjuna for third! And thanks to @Sky and the other mods for organizing the event!
:confetti

It was a short time, but I did enjoy campaigning for Mob Psycho and I hope you guys enjoy campaigning and spreading the word of your favorite manga as well! Hopefully, many people will get to read them :luv

See you guys in the next event! \o/

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
First of all thanks to Sky for this event.

The big 3 sure deserved it as they were the most hard working campaigners (along with my kawaii evil Asako-chi that was gone too soon).

Baka @Gryffindor, you did it with your fave manga. Congrats! Now, if you may, pass by as brandish is already begging for your presence in the event. :teehee

As for @Crescent Jinx ... You baka!!! How did you forget to campaign for Noragami? :ck

Just like Asako I think this new system was nice but lacked interaction between the rivals.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Wow, what an event! It was a lot different than we're used to, but I did like it in the end. It just needs a little more tweaks and it'll be a better voting system.
Anything you have in mind? :)

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Congrats @Gryffindor!!! Excited to see Gintama win!!!

Also great job to @Erinyes and @Arjuna for second and third place. Especially with Erin for an unknown manga.

As for @Crescent Jinx ... You baka!!! How did you forget to campaign for Noragami? :ck
I’m sorry!!!! I didn’t realize I missed it until I was about to see Lion King and the was like :shootme

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Congrats to @Gryffindor and @Erinyes
And awesome work by the hosts. I think this new battle system is actually pretty solid. It complements and rewards good campaigns and gives the smaller series a chance to shine more and progress.
:verily
I was really bummed i couldnt participate this year, since last year i promised i would do all out mega campaigns for Rave Master. Sadly college and stuff had me shackles. I hope next year will be different. Also on a side note; someone actually did nominate Rave Master this year but didnt actually even bother campaigning for it and the series landed embarrassingly dead last cuz of it. I'd say "Top 10 Betrayals of 2019" :yoda

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Anything you have in mind? :)
I've already voiced my opinions about the event via survey XP

But to be safe, the first thing I wanted to see in the next events with this kind of voting system is discussion. I don't want to see just nominators talking about their picks. I want people outside of it give their thoughts as well. Salt is good in generating discussions and criticisms, but overall, I want people talk about the biggest strengths and weaknesses in a series.

I also want some more threads, not just one for each round, so it wouldn't a big mess.... or maybe that's just my internet talking XD

And last, I really want an Anime and even a TV show Wars (if the tv shows include animated as well) I like Manga as much, but the other mediums need competition as well.