Hangout - Manga Wars 2020 - Hangout | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Manga Wars 2020 - Hangout

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
i knew it, houseki no kuni lost

well i hope some of you will read it, you definitely won't regret it especially those that like seinen

do it or you will get whipped in your sleep

Last edited:

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Last edited:

ItsSamu

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Too bad that Act-Age couldn't make it another round! Dr. STONE is the last WSJ manga I've got to catch up on so I guess I should get onto that now.

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
The semifinals are over.

Here are the results:

Semifinals
I have to admit I would have NEVER expected that final
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also Dr Stone against Spy x Family is breaking my heart. Litterally.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Damn ....

this is the first time i managed to come this far, and with a non mainstream series at that :XD

seriously you guys thank you so much for all the votes and support :super

Here's for a great final :beer and my last hurrah this time

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Didn't expect to pass this last round, that one point difference though. :XD
Thanks for voting again! :zomg And congrats @Valhalla777 to!! Really happy to see Rave finally getting attention.
Haha I always knew you'd win this round to be honest, funny it's with such a small difference xD

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Are we allowed to talk about anything of the nominated Manga/Anime in this event?

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well Idk where you discuss latest news on series or what's going on, but got same unfortunate ones regarding one of nominees Act-Age if you guys heard growing rumors/sources about it. Yeesh...What bad timing even though series is not in tournament now, but still :/...

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Well Idk where you discuss latest news on series or what's going on, but got same unfortunate ones regarding one of nominees Act-Age if you guys heard growing rumors/sources about it. Yeesh...What bad timing even though series is not in tournament now, but still :/...
Well, if you're talking about what I think you're talking about it's not a spoiler so you can talk about it. It is indeed a shame.

It's very unfortunate and the series may or may not continue. I think something similar happened with Rurouni Kenshin's and Toriko's mangakas at one point?

Anyway, I personally never judge the quality of the manga based on what the acts of its mangaka unless it's reflected on the manga itself.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, if you're talking about what I think you're talking about it's not a spoiler so you can talk about it. It is indeed a shame.

It's very unfortunate and the series may or may not continue. I think something similar happened with Rurouni Kenshin's and Toriko's mangakas at one point?

Anyway, I personally never judge the quality of the manga based on what the acts of its mangaka unless it's reflected on the manga itself.
I see, well for this one given unlike compare to those two, this is more bad since author was physical committing it, so it be hard to convince others to give series a chance to read if Shueshia will still allowed it that is? Luckily it was 2-person team in it's creation, so if the artist who is not apart of this and shock just like us, she could probably continue Act-Age, but it will be large mountain to climb since now it be related to this controversy for a long time. It take much work to overcome that and if fans want to still continue with it and new readers to get into it after that. That depends if Shueshia doesn't cancel it along with Anime too, but it would look bad if they try to bring author back similar to cases like you mention as this one is more damaging given details on this. Until official statements on it, we can presume Act-Age will be on hiatus for now on it's future.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Oh, I thought you were talking about spoilers in general. Now I see...

There are other threads for that. Like the Act-age thread itself or the WSJ one.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh, I thought you were talking about spoilers in general. Now I see...

There are other threads for that. Like the Act-age thread itself or the WSJ one.
Ah I see, sorry for bringing it up, but just thought it should be discuss on here given it was nominated along with others. Sorry to those who supported the series on what your feeling on hearing this.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You know not even bothered about FT.

@Brandish μ Did us all proud.