Info - MangaHelpers Awards 2020 - Hall of Fame | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info MangaHelpers Awards 2020 - Hall of Fame

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Character Driven Categories:

Vinland Saga
Makoto Yukimura

Nezuko Kamado
Kimetsu no Yaiba

Askeladd
Vinland Saga

Shinobu Kochou
Kimetsu no Yaiba

Thorkell
Vinland Saga

Askeladd
Vinland Saga

Tanjiro and Nezuko Kamado vs. Rui
Kimetsu no Yaiba

Loid Forger x Yor Briar
Spy x Family

General Manga Categories:

Spy x Family
Tatsuya Endo

Boku no Hero Academia
Kohei Horikoshi

Vinland Saga
Makoto Yukimura

Akatsuki no Yona
Mizuho Kusanagi

Shingeki no Kyojin
Hajime Isayama

Chapter 121
Shingeki no Kyojin

Chapter 123, Page 42
Shingeki no Kyojin

Volume 12
Yakusoku no Neverland

General Non Manga Categories:

Vinland Saga
Wit Studio

Kimetsu no Yaiba
Ufotable

Episode 24
Vinland Saga

Solo Leveling
Chu-Gong

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Tappei Nagatsuki

Staff Categories:

Hajime Isayama

Shingeki no Kyojin
Hajime Isayama

Mob Psycho 100
Bones

Yakusoku no Neverland
CloverWorks

Beastars
Orange

Wit Studio

All-Time Categories:

Fullmetal Alchemist
Hiromu Arakawa

Hunter X Hunter (2011)
Madhouse

Monster
Madhouse

War Arc (Prologue)
Vinland Saga

Gintoki Sakata
Gintama

Johan Liebert
Monster

Hunter X Hunter
Yoshihiro Togashi

MangaHelpers Awards 2020 Winners:

Kimetsu no Yaiba
Koyoharu Gotouge
(4 Awards)

Shingeki no Kyojin
Hajime Isayama
(5 Awards)

Vinland Saga
Makoto Yukimura
(8 Awards)

Last edited:

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Great to see Vinland Saga, SNK, and Demon Slayer get well deserved recognition for their work this year, both manga and anime adaptation. Hopefully 2020 will be another banner year. See y’all next year.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Huge thxs to @Sky and all the staff who make this event happen, and to everyone who joined.

Congrats for Vinland Saga who really did good ! Im so glad hxh got 2 awards :zomg

but im somehow sad since this format (including the fact that nominees are eliminated according to the number of nominations) doesnt give a slightest chance to most of non or less popular manga/anime to even makes it to round 1 so to win is not even conceivable. and most of them get eliminated before the 1 st round even starts. which makes the event a little too much predictable and nominating something which is not among the 2 or 3 most popular anime/mangas of the year, seems pointless. which is one of the possible reason that makes us less commited, sure if some of the manga/animes i nominated were to pass nomination stage or 1nd round with equal chances, i would probably have tried/ done my best to promote them. I m totally aware though, that in the end with the votes, results will probably be similar and its very fine, i honestly dont care that much about results (not saying im not happy if my faves are making it though) but its more about the fun, it might make people more active in order to promote their picks and give us maybe the opportunity to give some visibility to manga/animes that are maybe less known/popular. Im aware too that, this actual format is probably the most manageable, and what im saying is probably irrealistic. but im sad to see people (me included) less committed.
please dont take it badly its supposed to be contructive, i know very well how much dedication is given to make this happen, and again i cant thank all of you enough for what is done here, for us, :zomg and im not trying to hurt anyones feeling here, im just trying to explain from my user perspective how it feels.

Again huge thxs everyone ! I really appreciate everything you re fdoing to make this an awesome place ! :zomg

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Not a single award for One Piece. :o

atlantisreturns

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Personally I feel Tower Of God > Solo Leveling. What makes Solo Leveling great is it's art style , the story is generic tbf , you can find it in many generic Xianxia/Korean novels.

On the other hand Tower Of God has got an original story. It deserves more love :emocat

Hopefully it gets more recognition after it's anime is released in Spring.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
UwU thanks to all the staff that worked in this event and made it possible
Vinland saga really destroyed everybody, I underestimated it's popularity here.

Personally I feel Tower Of God > Solo Leveling. What makes Solo Leveling great is it's art style , the story is generic tbf , you can find it in many generic Xianxia/Korean novels.

On the other hand Tower Of God has got an original story. It deserves more love :emocat

Hopefully it gets more recognition after it's anime is released in Spring.
I think you underestimating the ToG community here, it's really big, I'm pretty sure it's the most popular manhwa here, everyone that got into manhwa in MH knows about it (and is excited for the anime)

I think the reason for it's dethronement is that recent arc, in my opinion isn't as good as the last arcs, 2019 arc wasn't at the expected lvl especially after the train arc that set the excitement lvl so high.
While solo leveling been gaining fan in the same year where ToG wasn't in top form, and it's art got way better and better with time (it also made me read it's novel and I really honestly enjoyed it, going to spoil that the story form where the manhwa is at will get way more exciting, especially when beru that just joined the team, dude hilarious, I hope they won't mess him up )

atlantisreturns

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
UwU thanks to all the staff that worked in this event and made it possible
Vinland saga really destroyed everybody, I underestimated it's popularity here.

I think you underestimating the ToG community here, it's really big, I'm pretty sure it's the most popular manhwa here, everyone that got into manhwa in MH knows about it (and is excited for the anime)

I think the reason for it's dethronement is that recent arc, in my opinion isn't as good as the last arcs, 2019 arc wasn't at the expected lvl especially after the train arc that set the excitement lvl so high.
While solo leveling been gaining fan in the same year where ToG wasn't in top form, and it's art got way better and better with time (it also made me read it's novel and I really honestly enjoyed it, going to spoil that the story form where the manhwa is at will get way more exciting, especially when beru that just joined the team, dude hilarious, I hope they won't mess him up )
Well , it 's just my opinion about Solo Leveling. Yes I've read the entire novel , but it's a generic one which you can find in many Xianxia ( and arguably better ) novels. You must not realise it because much of the community here hasn't read Xianxia novels and is into mostly Japanese stuff , but the concept of "leveling up" is the same , and there are other better novels with this same concept . Soul Land , I Shall Seal The Heavens , Reverend Insanity , Library of Heaven's Path to name a few. While this novel fits into above average category and is better than most novels out there , it certainly isn't top tier. The manhwa's art is what makes it really top tier. And I happen to value the plot a bit more while judging. It maybe because I've read better Xianxia novels , whatever.

Yeah I know lol. The best arc imo is
The Carthenon temple arc where he goes back to the temple and solos those statues. I am dying to see that in the manhwa , that would be badass. Also the final battle against the Dragon Monarch gave me Fairy Tail vibes. It's like if Acnologia was leading the army of 10000 dragons instead of Future Rogue.

Last edited: