News - Mangahelpers gets FEATURED! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

News Mangahelpers gets FEATURED!

ddadain

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nat

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States
holy hell, were famous XD that's friggin awesome! thanks for posting that!

*runs to spam the hell outta all the other threads so the sudden influx of new ones dont make us semi-small posters get forgoten*

Obxist

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
LOL cant someone translate it ?? i am curios with the talking

ddadain

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Basically, (paraphrasing from what I've read)

It's a page from a PC Magazine in Japan called "100% Window" and it's an instruction manual on how to get raws online (tells you everything from how to register and where to find the raws) :) Only the most famous sites were featured :D And we were featured along with Evil Empire, jCafe, etc.

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Heh, yeah. We saw :amuse

But please keep in mind that getting featured in a popular magazine is not really a good thing looking at the contents of our forum. Sure it's somehow cool, but let's not get to hyper about this matter.

@Obxist
They basically just wrote step-by-step-Howtos for getting RAWs from different sites, including us. Interesting that they can publish something like that so freely.

Last edited:

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States
someone moved it without telling em where :scry i couldnt find it for a while. and heres a questio: why do we have to news forums? but i digress. im with eni. i said it twice or three times already. this means new people flooding a already huge international site making the mods and globals have to run around more, and the server will start to crash, and all of us non mods will get forgotten :scry

ya know, when i first got here, we had like 10,000 less members, and it was still the biggest forum i was ever on, and i like my nice little forum communitees, ya know?

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Wow, we're really...famous. O_O
I just hope that this popularity does not cause any troubles :sweat

ddadain

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Lol... rabb is selfish :(

Anyways, this may be a good or a bad thing.

The thing this article clearly states is that Mangahelpers is already known to the point that it gets featured :|

And I've been here longer than you rabb... I found Mangahelpers when it was very new XD Only that I didn't register XD

New members brings new potential translators, Manga Editors, contributors, raw scanners, the LIKES! :) Especially made so because this magazine was published in Japan!

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
What's worrisome is the legal battles we might get if the authorities get their hands on this magazine, really. XD And since this magazine is from Japan, the most new members we might be getting are Japanese. XD

Which is weird, seeing they have their own way of sharing the raws, already o.O

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States
and i wonder just how many of them will be able to speak passible english...

ddadian, im not saying i've been here long, just that... i have no idea what im saying. but im definatly not saying i've been here long.

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
someone moved it without telling em where :scry i couldnt find it for a while.
sorry sorry, that was me ^^ I figured it would be a hot enough thread that it would be easy enough to find from the index page :amuse

and yeah, as cool as it is to have MH featured, I do kind of worry about any legal issues arising from this...but I really don't know a whole lot about this kind of stuff, so I'm trying not to make any false assumptions :amuse

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
New members brings new potential translators, Manga Editors, contributors, raw scanners, the LIKES! :) Especially made so because this magazine was published in Japan!
That's exactly why not, imho. The howto was a guide to leech manga, written in a way that people just can go straight to the RAWs without looking left nor looking right. I don't think that many Japanese people are interested in helping us out and why should they - translations aren't needed to them and they wouldn't be here if they could scan anything.
Plus there's still the matter with the arrested Jump scanners from a while ago, which - from what I know - scared a lot of the Japanese sources. Guess, that's with a reason now why foreign RAW sources becoming popular... just, it's not really clever to publish them like this if you want to keep them alive -_-;

Last edited:

_ATMA

Reaction score
Country
United States
haha wow thats too cool

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States
well if we do start facing legal issues, you guys are gunna warn us before you take it down, right? so we can make plans and either make, or take over a new site as a group? ya know, keep together as much as possible XD

Obxist

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
LOL so its just how to download RAW manga step by step,.. well this isnt a good things ,.. lets just hope that the new members we get is not someone from authorities LOL

Rainier

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
^Hahaha

Hopefully it'll bring new members xD

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States
we could make up an english test XD no leeching if we cant understand you! :XD

Zwivix

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
^Hahaha

Hopefully it'll bring new members xD
Well hopefully it brings members that dont only wanna leech of this site...Casue some of you might think that was a good thing to get featured, dont get me wrong it is, but its gonna bring a lot more leechers.

ddadain

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
What's wrong about leechers?

We need to think at it this way, EVERYONE came from leeches XD Ooops... That came out wrong... EVERYONE was leeches... err... nvm... the point being leeching mangas off the Net is the first step in the slippery slope of Manga Editordom! XD HAHA

Besides, MH doesn't really host anything, so we're not doing anything "illegal" per say :P Anyways, the only people that would suffer is the hosting sites we use to host up the releases since they'll be hammered more... >_>

Zwivix

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Yea thats true i guess leeches are fine. Maybe they'll actually post something once in a while.