Feedback - Mangahelpers History Book | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Feedback Mangahelpers History Book

Quantized

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Hello :3

I've searched high and low, but I really can't find a page anywhere about Mangahelpers history.
I might have missed it though, if so, I'm sorry about the post.

I'll start with an introduction to the issue to put shape;
Within Organizations there are cultures, Organizations won't work without.
As such, Mangahelpers is an Organization, and it has a culture, which is shared/changed through participations, and connection with the other people within the Organization, Mangahelpers.

Culture is really an important thing for modern Organizations, many don't have focus on it, but it has a lot of positive benefits, and little to none drawbacks. (Negative culture is certain to create itself).
Mangahelpers has established a culture through people to people communication, new people learn from old people within the Organization, which is very powerful and efficient.
But something is missing, Mangahelpers don't talk about itself, or promote itself.
I think this could make a huge impact, many more would feel connected faster to the community reading you tell about yourselves.
It would not only help boost people's motivation to write/use the forum to discuss/talk have fun, but also making sure people don't get the wrong first impression of MH through some negative or boring discussions, and they leave the site without realizing how great a community it is.
Many people first really get into the "good culture" once they have hanged around for a while, many leave before reaching this point, or just once in a while check in when curious.
*Hint hint* the massive chapter discussion threads *hint hint*
The whole point is to make people want to feel that they're part of the community, and not just a user among many in mega threads.

What I would like to suggest is that Mangahelpers made a history page, a page where the Organization tells about itself, how it all started and how it came to be what it is today.
Including what everyone taking part in shaping Mangahelpers did before starting it up.
History can be dull and boring, it should be interesting to read.
It's extremely important the page is easy to find, so that newcomers can find it without feeling lost with all the small forums around.

I think Mangahelpers has done a great job creating a great culture, however just finding this essential part missing, and there is possible potential in it.

Not trying to sound rude or anything, I realize some people in some cultures will take offence when suggesting something like this, however since this is a feedback forum, here is my feedback :)

I for one is very curious about the History of Mangahelpers, I hope that I someday can get to read it :)

Regards, Cez

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Hello, Cezgeth. :)

Thank you for your feedback, first of all. I'm glad to see that you enjoy being here as part of the community. As for history of MangaHelpers, we have it written in our yearbooks. We release a yearbook for every birthdays. You can read the latest yearbook, from our 6th birthday, through the link at this news post, there is a section about MangaHelper's history there.

Quantized

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Hello, Cezgeth. :)

Thank you for your feedback, first of all. I'm glad to see that you enjoy being here as part of the community. As for history of MangaHelpers, we have it written in our yearbooks. We release a yearbook for every birthdays. You can read the latest yearbook, from our 6th birthday, through the link at this news post, there is a section about MangaHelper's history there.
Ohh! Nice :3 Not exactly what I was looking for, but close!
Will be reading it once I've replied here :)

Any chance for a compiled shorter history though? I realize these books are really long and meant for more serious members.
It might not be something for newcomers to read, they would loose interest really, really fast, which is the opposite of the whole point about having a history book/(page).

Like for example, make a compiled history summary (with Mangahelpers soul in it), and hot link it to the "Home" forum Menu at the top of this page, like the rules thread has been done in the "Forum" menu.
Could imagine someone would enjoy doing it, can be fun to write such things when there are good things to write about (similar to the year books, but shorter and easier to find).

But yeah, just a suggestion, nothing more, I just noticed since it's part of my organizational studies at the moments :)

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Any chance for a compiled shorter history though? I realize these books are really long and meant for more serious members.
It might not be something for newcomers to read, they would loose interest really, really fast, which is the opposite of the whole point about having a history book/(page).
Not really. The book is made for everyone. In fact, I think it can act as a nice intro for new members. The yearbook has lots of information about MangaHelpers itself: history, team, members, special events, funny moments, and so on. It much reflects us as a community, not only as a bunch of people talking about some things then leave.

As for a shorter version and adding it to the navigation menu, I can't say much since it would require administrators' permission to do so.

Last edited:

Quantized

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Not really. The book is made for everyone. In fact, I think it can act as a nice intro for new members. The yearbook has lots of information about MangaHelpers itself: history, team, members, special events, funny moments, and so on. It much reflects us as a community, not only as a bunch of people talking about some things then leave.

As for a shorter version and adding it to the navigation menu, I can't say much since it would require administrators' permission to do so.
Don't think you catch my point about organizational workings, I actually study this you know :p
but meh, it's fine, lets leave it at that :)

Thank you very much for the yearbook link though, it's quite interesting :3
Nevertheless, not what is meant by this thread.