Hangout - Manhwa and Manhua Cafe Hangout Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Manhwa and Manhua Cafe Hangout Thread

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Welcome to the Manhwa and Manhua Cafe Hangout Thread! This thread is provided for open ended conversations about Manhwa and Manhua, conversations that are not bound by a single topic. Short questions, comments, and posts that might not warrant a separate thread are also welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator:

hadou

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Where to find Celestial Destroyer in English

http://test.comixo.com/eng/index.php...imitstart=1480

In the above website, it only goes up to chapter 117 in English, even though the site advertises chapter 141 in English. Does anyone know where I can read beyond chapter 117 in English?

http://www.mangakun.com/celestial-destroyer/ This site has up to chapter 154, but none of the chapters are in English.

---------- Post added January 25, 2012 at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was January 24, 2012 at 11:31 PM ----------

Please, if anyone knows, let me know.

haegar

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
greetz, is there a discussion thread around for Dark Air? Only thing I could find was this info/review: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/74507-Dark-Air?p=2729234#post2729234 If there is no thread, could we get one perhaps? Guess it's fairly new and doesn't have much of a fanbase yet but it's pretty entertaining if you can live with some of it's unique traits like the effeminate boyish hero and the RPG like elements ...Has a lot of funny music references in the characters names, too XD

p.s. don't hit me on the head if there is a thread, I DID use the search :p

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
greetz, is there a discussion thread around for Dark Air? Only thing I could find was this info/review: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/74507-Dark-Air?p=2729234#post2729234 If there is no thread, could we get one perhaps? Guess it's fairly new and doesn't have much of a fanbase yet but it's pretty entertaining if you can live with some of it's unique traits like the effeminate boyish hero and the RPG like elements ...Has a lot of funny music references in the characters names, too XD

p.s. don't hit me on the head if there is a thread, I DID use the search :p
True, it seems like there is not a thread for Dark Air yet at Manhwa section. Feel free to start a thread for the series, haegar, by using the button "New Thread" and put info about Dark Air as much as you can find there. Who knows people might get more interested in the series that way! ^_^

haegar

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
thanks, will do that then as soon as I have some time to do a proper OP without just copy pasting the above review XD

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
^ How's the story like?

Hmmm... it has been a year since the last post.... *ponder*

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Anyone knows whether the Gamer manhwa is weekly or monthly or 2 weekly?

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The community awards for 2014 have started! Visit the Community Awards Section and nominate who you thought was BEST this year!

NMJoker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: [Webtoon] Red Storm by Cyungchan Noh

Hey I just came here to ask a question anybody got recommendations for similiar manwah or manga????

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Hey I just came here to ask a question anybody got recommendations for similiar manwah or manga????
Welcome to the forum Joker.

Sadly, nothing is exactly like Red Storm. If your looking for a crazy strong protagonist and cool fights God Of Highschool might be worth a look. If your looking for an action with strong political undercurrent The Breaker might be a good choice. If your looking for large scale battles and godly mentors Magician may be interesting to you (Though that one can be a bit of slow read.) It all depends on what element of the series your really into.

NMJoker

Reaction score
Country
United States

Welcome to the forum Joker.

Sadly, nothing is exactly like Red Storm. If your looking for a crazy strong protagonist and cool fights God Of Highschool might be worth a look. If your looking for an action with strong political undercurrent The Breaker might be a good choice. If your looking for large scale battles and godly mentors Magician may be interesting to you (Though that one can be a bit of slow read.) It all depends on what element of the series your really into.
Seen the first 2 could not really get into magician. If you want me to be more specific i like weak or not that strong characters who trains himself or gets trained by a master. Like dou po qing, or kingdom. The breaker also goes under that. Do you have any other reconemdnations it can be a manga too

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh, well you've got a lot of those to pick from.:^_^

The obvious ones are Veritas, Gamer, and Tower of God. Assuming you've read all of those Geukji High is like that to some degree, though it's a comedy. Girls of the Wild's is like that too but leans a bit more toward romcom than action; and I know that's not for everyone.

In the realm of manga UQ Holder is my current favorite of that type. Though to get the most out of it you should probably check out Negima which is another great series in the same vein, and with some of the coolest action around.

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

And I can't believe I almost forgot the most obvious one. Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi that manga seems like it fits what your looking for pretty much to the letter.