Voting Round 3 - Maomao vs. Pyra | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Maomao vs. Pyra

Who wins?

• Maomao

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Pyra

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolatejr9

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Erinyes I saw your writeup from last round, so I know for a fact I'm going against a tough opponent. Even so, I wish you the best of luck in this round!

Okay, so for this round, I'm going to talk about a specific part of Pyra's character arc that I very much enjoyed: her relationship with her Driver, Rex. Throughout the game, it is shown SEVERAL times that these two genuinely care for one another, even putting their own lives on the line for each other. These two are very much in sync with one another (both figuratively and literally), and you can't help but root for them throughout the game. In fact, this relationship helps them to improve on their respective flaws: when Pyra allows herself to be kidnapped by the villains, Rex learns not to take her power for granted and to help bare the weight of her suffering. Likewise, Pyra is able to realize that there are people out there who genuinely care for her, despite her past mistakes, and is finally able to move on from her own guilt. Say what you will about Rex's character as a whole, you have to admit these two make a GREAT couple, and share a strong narrative connection with one another.

Admittedly, this one was a bit harder to write, as I'll admit I might've used the wrong words here, but I hope I managed to get my point across.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
@Chocolatejr9 thanks, best luck to you, too ! :blush

#Maomaodrawmylife

First of all, thanks to everyone who voted Maomao, I appreciate it a lot ! I will be coming back as soon as possible, with some deeper thoughts, I will try to focuse on some aspects of her personality and qualities that make her an outstanding waifu. Please, check back if you haven't yet, the previous campaign (click on the links below ) and please, give her a chance, thanks in advance !

Maomao's Special Waifu Menu

I- Drink : Invigorating Sake
🍷

II- Hors d'oeuvre : Aphrodisiac Buns 🥗

III- Side dish : To come Asap ! 🍛

Chocolatejr9

Reaction score
Country
United States

I DID IT! I FIGURED OUT HOW TO POST IMAGES!

I figured this one would be particularly fitting, given the series Maomao is from. Unless I'm wrong, in which case I apologize for my ignorance...

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Sorry Erin but I will go with Pyra this round.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia

I DID IT! I FIGURED OUT HOW TO POST IMAGES!

I figured this one would be particularly fitting, given the series Maomao is from. Unless I'm wrong, in which case I apologize for my ignorance...
AYO THE MAD LAD DID IT! Mid-tournament power level up we like to see right here :teehee

@Chocolatejr9 thanks, best luck to you, too ! :blush

#Maomaodrawmylife

First of all, thanks to everyone who voted Maomao, I appreciate it a lot ! I will be coming back as soon as possible, with some deeper thoughts, I will try to focuse on some aspects of her personality and qualities that make her an outstanding waifu. Please, check back if you haven't yet, the previous campaign (click on the links below ) and please, give her a chance, thanks in advance !

Maomao's Special Waifu Menu

I- Drink : Invigorating Sake 🍷

II- Hors d'oeuvre : Aphrodisiac Buns 🥗

III- Side dish : To come Asap ! 🍛

This is gonna be great 👀

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Maomao is so fun to read. Going to take a lot more to beat her + Erin's campaigns.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Some thoughts

One of the aspects that makes Kusuriya no Hiorigoto such an enjoyable manga to read is the character writing. The cast is colorful, and consisting of plenty of characters, who even the secondary ones are multilayered. One of the best examples is Rakan ( Maomaos's actual father) Maomao is no exception. She is the best character in the story, and she is possibly one of the best female leads.​
What makes a great waifu? there are plenty of qualities I think are essential, like communication, not being self-centered, being caring, thoughtful, kind but also sometimes being able to be cynical and blunt, humor, cleverness,... there are many others points, and Maomao is a character who fits and cultivates wondefully those aspects. I might, if I have time try to show more about her. But I will focus for now on her "no filter" but still sweet side and with her funny side.​

Rakan has such a great character devlopment.

I- A "no-filter" but thoughtful waifu

Maomao is multifaceted who has a sharp tongue. She doesn’t fall for any tricks or charms. She can be blunt and even cynical to the point of offending some people, and she is even aware of it. She does it often with Jinshi who actually likes that facet of hers, and on contrary, he is tired of all the attention he gets in the palace and is fascinated by this girl who acts disdainfully with him. On the other hand, she is the kind of person who would hold information, or refrain from saying things that could have consequences and ruin someone’s life. Could it be someone she doesn’t care of, or even she hates. Even if she has some sassy personality, even if she has some minor flaws that only give her more room for improvement, she is the kind of waifu who would do anything to save the face of the one she would love, if necessary. She would be the supportive waifu upon which her husbando can rely.​

Maomao not willing to reveal information that could be harmful.

Maomao offending some other maids

How blunt she can be, especially with Jinshi

Jinshi being fascinated by this girl who looks at him as if he were an insect

II - A thick skinned babe

Maomao has a tough past, and she went through a lot, and learned how to develop a thick skin and to be resilient both to psychological and physical pain. She is a person who values her life, and who usually would grin and bear it when she gets bullied or insulted. She would do whatever is necessary to make no wave. But she has a strong sense of justice. And she is selfless enough to react, and even fight when it is someone else's life or honor at stake. She used to be abused by her actual mother and, she is used too, to practice medical experiments and poison testing on her own body. Therefore, she can endure physical pain and bear poisons too. That thick skin she developed is a quality any husbando would want his waifu to have. She is not a submissive girl but she knows how and when it is necessary to stay at her place. But she is also the kind of lady who would stand for her special someone and do crazy things out of love.​

An example of bully she endures

But when the consort's life was threatened by the maid's careless behaviour Maomao, showed no mercy...
That stunning personnality of her !

Maomao as a child abused by her mother

III - Her funny and audacious side

Maomao is a funny character in every way. She has those unique and hilarious expressions that would make any man fall for her. She has this cynical, blasé humor, and above all, she does such crazy things that would make anyone's life enjoyable, spicy, and funny. Which husbando doesn't want a funny, witty waifu? A woman who makes him smile when he/she wants to cry, a person who can bring laughter when in pain, life is boring and sometimes sad, bitter. Which husband doesn't want that woman who can brighten his everyday life? Which husband doesn't want a waifu who can tease him gently, and that little madness to share, to make his life more inspiring?​

Some examples of her craziness

The erotic books she brought into the palace (for educational purpose)

Some cute teasing. Seriously who would resist that smile ?

There are still some traits I would like to explore, like her smartness etc., but I prefer to leave it for next time, hopefully. Thanks in advance for reading !​

Please support Maomao ! <3 :zomg

Last edited:

Chocolatejr9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welp, just like I thought, this is gonna be a tough round. If y'all, don't mind, I'll just post some fanart I found on Google. Seems like everybody else is doing it. Credit to all artists.

If you're not gonna do it for me, do it for Kirby...

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Chocolate... You need more power ups...

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Sounds like my boy @Chocolatejr9 could use some back-up...

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Status
Not open for further replies.