Semifinal - Maomao vs. Revy | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Maomao vs. Revy

Who is the best Waifu?

• Maomao

• Revy

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Maomao
Kusuriya no Hitorigoto
Revy
Black Lagoon

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

kira

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
temeeee how did maomao win :maohuh

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
My instincts choose Revy but I want to see how this plays out.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I am going with Revy obviously.

Gajeel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
:handgun Revy Campaign 3 :handgun

A drinking buddy and a waifu at the same time?!

After 2 rounds of posting anime gifs and Revy fanarts, I asked myself: "Is it manga time?", and well... as you might be expecting, it is now in fact manga time.

Maybe not a moderated drinking buddy... but still a drinking buddy nonetheless!
Revy is a very versatile waifu. Even though her main activity consists of killing scums roaming Roanapur and smuggling goods as a living, she is highly capable of other different activities and has an interesting personality which I will both express in this campaign with the help of manga panels. One of them being, as shown above, Revy and alcohol. If you're looking for some fun at a bar on a weekend night any day and you're definitely not a scum living in Roanapur, then Revy might be the perfect match for you! That being said, I do realize that alcohol is not something everyone likes, but don't worry though, there are other things she can do or be!​

An absolute badass
I know that have already talked about it, but I cannot emphasize how badass Revy is enough. Just look at her!

She doesn't need a charming prince to defend her. She's already the prince herself. Therefore, don't worry about her being intimidated or harassed, she knows how to deal with such matters. Just be her equal and you're in for one hell of an adventure.

A husbando protector... but also a tsundere
As previously discussed, Revy has feelings for Rock (highly implied), and while she usually has difficulty expressing her emotions to him as discussed in :handgun Revy Campaign 1 :handgun due to her rough past, she still manages to express them in her own ways sometime. Such moments can be divided into four categories

Pissed Revy

Didn't I say that she was the prince herself?

Protective Revy

Revy trying to stop Rock from witnessing a suicide happening in front of them

Peaceful Revy

"If you're a gun, then I'm a bullet" - Rock

Tsundere Revy

Tsun Tsun Revy

A playful waifu
Revy can also be playful and joyful if she's in a peaceful environment. For example, she can play with kids, or have her own dark humour if the conditions permit it. By that, I mean if there's no gunfight going on, if Rock doesn't do dumb stuff, or if no past traumas resurfacing of course.

Revy playing gun (not a real one here...) with little kids in Japan

Revy has a specific type of humour... dark humour. If you're into that then that's win for you!

Half-Time
--

--

Recall First Campaign
Recall in the first campaign when I talked about how Revy thinks that she doesn't deserve happiness, and that since I presented you her problems, you could now be her Rock? Well, while re-reading the manga, I found this page that has also been animated in Roberta's Blood Trail which perfectly expresses how broken Revy is. She deserves love, lots of love.

The World As A Field Of Flowers

BDSM waifu
I know that some people on this forum seem to have a penchant for BDSM and the like, so it was a must to mention. Revy doesn't partake in such activities as much anymore (only if it's for a deal), but she was known as a dominatrix back in the days. If you're into BDSM (especially if you're a masochist), then Revy is your perfect waifu. There's even a figurine of dominatrix Revy that you can buy online (Black Lagoon Revy 20th Anniversary)!

The Mistress Death of Violet

This is it for this manga-themed campaign. Forgive me if it seems long and a spam of images. I tried my best to make them the smallest possible while still being readable. I hope you enjoyed it and now have a more refined perspective on Revy.

Thank You

1st best luck @Gajeel , pliz be gentle with Mao-chan
Last time you said something similar to me we were in a waifu war semi-final and you obliterated me :hmph:handgun
nevertheless, best luck as well Erin

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Campaign - Round 4

Introduction

One of the aspects that makes Kusuriya no Hitorigoto such an enjoyable manga to read is the characters writing. The cast is colorful and consists of plenty of characters. Even the secondary ones are engaging and multilayered. One of the best examples is Rakan ( Maomaos's actual father), Maomao is no exception. She is the best character in the story, and she is possibly one of the best female leads.​
We saw in previous rounds Maomao's gentle and caring side, we talked about appearances, how she deals with her own appearance and how indifferent she feels about handsome individual but focuses on their true self.​
What makes a great waifu? There are plenty of qualities I think are essential, like communication, not being self-centered, being caring (we talked about it in the previous round, see the link above), being thoughtful but also sometimes being able to be cynical and blunt, humor, and cleverness,... there are many others points, and Maomao is a character who fits and cultivates wonderfully those aspects. I might, if I have some time try to show more about her. But I will focus for now on her "no filter" but still sweet side and her funny side.​

Rakan is one of those characters who has such a great character development.

I- A "no-filter" but thoughtful waifu

Maomao is multifaceted and has a sharp tongue. She doesn’t fall for any tricks or charms. She can be blunt and even cynical to the point of offending people around her sometimes, and she is even aware of it. She does it often with Jinshi, who likes that facet of hers. And, on the contrary, he is tired of all the attention he gets in the palace and is fascinated by this girl who acts disdainfully toward him. On the other hand, she is the kind of person who would hold information, or refrain from saying things that could have consequences and ruin someone’s life. Could it be someone she doesn’t care about, or even she hates? Even if she has some sassy personality, even if she has some minor flaws that only give her more room for improvement, she is the kind of waifu who would do anything to save the face of the one she would love, if necessary. She would be the supportive waifu upon which her husbando can rely.​

Maomao not willing to reveal information that could be harm others

Maomao aware of her bluntness

How she can be sarcastic with
Jinshi

Jinshi being fascinated by this girl who looks at him as if he were an insect .

II - A thick skinned babe

Maomao had a tough past, and she went through a lot, and learned how to develop a thick skin and to be resilient both to psychological and physical pain. She is a person who values her life, and who usually would grin and bear it when she gets bullied or insulted. She would do whatever is necessary to make no wave. But she has a strong sense of justice. And she is selfless enough to react, and even fight when it is someone else's life or honor at stake. She used to be abused by her actual mother and, she is used too, to practice medical experiments and poison testing on her own body. Therefore, she can endure physical pain and bear poisons too. That thick skin she developed is a quality any husband would want his wife to have. She is not a submissive girl but she knows how and when it is necessary to stay at her place. But she is also the kind of lady who would stand up for her special someone and do crazy things out of love.​

An example of bully she endures

But when the consort's life was threatened by the maid's careless behaviour (see precious campaign) Maomao, showed no mercy...
She proves how she will stand up for you and do anything for you.

Maomao as a child abused by her mother

III - Her funny and audacious side

Maomao is a funny character in every aspect. She has those unique and hilarious expressions that would make any man fall for her. She has this cynical, blasé humor. And above all, she does such crazy things that would make anyone's life enjoyable, spicy, and funny. Which husband doesn't want a funny, witty waifu? A woman who makes him smile when he/she wants to cry, a person who can bring laughter when in pain to wash away their worries and life's bitterness. Which husbando doesn't want that woman who can brighten his everyday life? Which husband doesn't want a waifu who can tease him gently, and that little madness to share, to make his life more inspiring?​

Some examples of her craziness : here putting make-up on Jinshi.

The erotic books she brought into the palace (for educational purpose)

Some cute teasing. Seriously, who would resist that smile ?

There are still some traits I would like to explore, like her smartness etc., but I prefer to leave it for next time. Thanks for reading it ! <3

Please support Maomao ! <3 :zomg

Status
Not open for further replies.