Third Place - Maomao vs. Tear Grants | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Third Place Maomao vs. Tear Grants

Third place winner?

• Maomao

• Tear Grants

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Maomao
Kusuriya no Hitorigoto
Tear Grants
Tales of the Abyss

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Oh that's a lovely surprise. And thx for the reminder, Erin-chi. Been solving things at work and today will be a rough one at that but I'll return your efforts, dw ^^ Nice to meet you in those again, I've been in debt with you at providing you some respectful competition.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Damn '_' I'll come back in a few hours for sure
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Pardon my dumb tired self, I thought I saw a locked poll. Great modding skills heh.

Ok, Erin-chi. Beforehand, I wanna apologize for our past battles, I know I gave you hell. I appreciate yourself so much and am very fond of your taste - but in spite of loving Mamao as well, I'll argue that Tear is another level. And yes, that's very subjective, and a matter of taste and connection, but I'll go further on that PoV of mine.

Tales of Phantasia is my fav game of all time - the graphics, the character voices, the combat system, the... "fun" (heh) script were all ahead of its time. What an amazing ride it was to my... uh... prolly 14y old self.
When Tales of Symphonia came out, I was so happyyyyyy. And then we kept getting more and more Tales of series! The world became a much better place '-' And I was in uni when I had contact with Tales of the Abyss... We had those yearly anime festivals nearby the uni when we'd have such a fun time and cosplay *cough* that's where my cospoor comes from *cough*.
And during those times, when I saw Tear, I was captivated... By the looks alone in that moment, yes, she was gorgeous. I wanted to imitate the hair, the discreet but flattering clothing, the gorgeous sweet smile. But again I was poor '-' my Tear cosplay would have to wait for some more years that never came.
And then when I played the game, wearing Luke' skin... Tear appeared and she wanted to murder me C_C....... I was like "wtf ain't she the sweet perma cute heroine just like Mint?". Yes, she is. She's also a beast tho. She has a kind of strength that comes from her very inner self, from her depths. It feeds how fierce and strict she can be, how devoted and resigned... but also how tender and devoted... how big is the leap she takes over believing in and loving someone.
Mamao has this admirable mind, this self sufficiency, and this adaptability that I also love and admire - we have urgency for more female characters like this, we need to be more commonly seen as the power houses we, girls, are - but more than a role model to look up to, I'd want to see my waifu lower her defenses to welcome me as well, in a symbiosis where we both feel safe and just wanna enjoy each other. I'd find this sort of trust and light level of relationship in Tear, plus the main assets Mamao offers. Ok, minus the poison expertise...

I'm so late, I messed up my timing even today, and even if I can't even get more votes cause I kept people waiting, I just wanted to have this last sharing of admiration for my waifu. She's a winner, you guys are free to disagree and fight me
Ctears~ (I needed one final pun)

Status
Not open for further replies.