Round of 16 - Mard Geer Tartarus vs Jacob Lessio | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Mard Geer Tartarus vs Jacob Lessio

Which Fighter Advances?

• Mard Geer Tartarus

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • Jacob Lessio

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
How could Jacob possibly low diff Mard Geer? First of all, Transport is restricted which is without a doubt his trump card. In other words, Jacob can't go all out. Without Transport, there is no way how Jacob could be on par with Bradman.

The only thing he can use is Stealth. It will give Mard Geer a tough time to find him, but Jacob won't have a chance to do a single thing against Etherious Mard Geer. Why? Because he can fly and Jacob can't. Jacob is pretty useless from that point. Mard Geer will just catch him in Memento Mori or wait before he runs out of MP so he can oneshot him.

If Jacob wasn't restricted in Transport, I can believe he could low diff Mard Geer. But in this fight it's impossible for him to defeat Mard Geer.
Jacob still has other magics and techniques that would easily kill Mard and keep up with Bradman (Jacob can hit beings that can't be harmed physically). Mard won't even be able to see Jacob to tagg him nor would he be fast enough. Jacob would snap Mard's neck before he knew what happened that's how powerful S12 level opponents are compared to previous enemies (just look at severely injured Wendy one shotting a 9D yet at max power could only make a dust mark on an S12 tier). Mard would get tired way before Jacob as his MP >>>>> Mard's CP.

Mard gets low diffed, even Hiro stated the 12 are on a completely different level which has been proven time and time again.

Edit: Flight wouldn't matter as Jacob just has to point his finger at Mard to hit him with that magic attack (the one he used on Mavis) or he could just tie him down with a wip. Mard was getting really hurt by DF Natsu which is a (majorly) inferior version to the current (in base) one who Jacob was man handling.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Jacob still has other magics and techniques that would easily kill Mard and keep up with Bradman (Jacob can hit beings that can't be harmed physically). Mard won't even be able to see Jacob to tagg him nor would he be fast enough. Jacob would snap Mard's neck before he knew what happened that's how powerful S12 level opponents are compared to previous enemies (just look at severely injured Wendy one shotting a 9D yet at max power could only make a dust mark on an S12 tier). Mard would get tired way before Jacob as his MP >>>>> Mard's CP.
How could Jacob kill Mard Geer once he is in the air? From that point Jacob can't do a single thing.

You shouldn't compare with the Nine Demon Gates, because Mard Geer > Kyôka > Nine Demon Gates.

Jacob can't do a single thing once Mard Geer is in the air. Mard could cast Memento Mori to trap him.

Mard gets low diffed, even Hiro stated the 12 are on a completely different level which has been proven time and time again.
They are. But Jacob is restricted in this fight, so he can't go all out. Jacob is worth his Spriggan title thanks to Transport imo.

Edit: Flight wouldn't matter as Jacob just has to point his finger at Mard to hit him with that magic attack (the one he used on Mavis) or he could just tie him down with a wip. Mard was getting really hurt by DF Natsu which is a (majorly) inferior version to the current (in base) one who Jacob was man handling.
Jacob could only use this attack at people who can't be seen. Jacob can't fly, so he can't attack Mard Geer at all.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Frankly, for the time being I give my vote to Jacob Lessio due to his title. He is a Spriggan. I heard from people that Mashima-sensei said the Twelve Shields is stronger than previous antagonists.

Jacob has Stealth. He can stealthily cut off Mard Geer's neck before he even notices. If Mard Geer flies, Jacob can shoot him just like he did to Mavis (Transport chapter). However, Mard Geer alone is a tank. He also can use his Ibara (Thorn curse) to spam Jacob as it has quite huge AoE. I suppose I will wait for people and see if they can give some decent reasons why I should choose Jacob or Mard Geer.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
How could Jacob kill Mard Geer once he is in the air? From that point Jacob can't do a single thing.

You shouldn't compare with the Nine Demon Gates, because Mard Geer > Kyôka > Nine Demon Gates.

Jacob can't do a single thing once Mard Geer is in the air. Mard could cast Memento Mori to trap him.
Point is, is that even current Wendy is on pre-ts Laxus level while injured (bcs she one shotted a 9D lvl opponent) which shows just how much stronger current characters are to their previous version. And I would put MG > Top 3 9D > Regular 9D lol. Jacob would blitz Mard or snipe him down with his magical attack.

They are. But Jacob is restricted in this fight, so he can't go all out. Jacob is worth his Spriggan title thanks to Transport imo.
Jacob overpower current base Natsu which shows he's physically stronger than any previous adversary already. A restricted Spriggan would still rekt any previous adversaries.

Jacob could only use this attack at people who can't be seen. Jacob can't fly, so he can't attack Mard Geer at all.
Where did you get that? He could use that on anyone he just did it like that to show he can hit ethereal beings.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Frankly, for the time being I give my vote to Jacob Lessio due to his title. He is a Spriggan. I heard from people that Mashima-sensei said the Twelve Shields is stronger than previous antagonists.

Jacob has Stealth. He can stealthily cut off Mard Geer's neck before he even notices. If Mard Geer flies, Jacob can shoot him just like he did to Mavis (Transport chapter). However, Mard Geer alone is a tank. He also can use his Ibara (Thorn curse) to spam Jacob as it has quite huge AoE. I suppose I will wait for people and see if they can give some decent reasons why I should choose Jacob or Mard Geer.
Stealthily cut his neck.Well that's violent.In a serious but his attacks are not that strong and effective as we have seen so i doubt he will be able to cut his neck even though his MP may be greater than Mard Geer's.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

I wouldn't rate Jacob as Spriggan level if he can't use his trump card, which is Transport. If he could use Transport than Mard Geer would be owned.

Couldn't Jacob only use that attack at opponents who can't be seen? That's why he could hit Mavis, who is in fact a ghost. Anyway, even if he could attack Mard Geer with it, it won't defeat him. We've seen that Etherious Mard Geer is a tank.

#votemardgeer4president

Point is, is that even current Wendy is on pre-ts Laxus level while injured (bcs she one shotted a 9D lvl opponent) which shows just how much stronger current characters are to their previous version. And I would put MG > Top 3 9D > Regular 9D lol. Jacob would blitz Mard or snipe him down with his magical attack.
Ezel is a mid tier Demon Gate. You can't compare him with Mard Geer. The only Demon Gate that could be compared to Mard Geer's power level is Kyôka.

Since when can Jacob blitz someone? His speed isn't impressive at all and his reaction speed is even worse.

There is no proof Jacob's magical attack will work on opponents who can be seen.

Jacob overpower current base Natsu which shows he's physically stronger than any previous adversary already. A restricted Spriggan would still rekt any previous adversaries.
Etherious Mard Geer would overpower Alvarez Base Natsu as well. He has Memento Mori after all. Natsu would've died if Gray didn't disable it.

Where did you get that? He could use that on anyone he just did it like that to show he can hit ethereal beings.
Because that attack was created to attack ghosts. No matter, he won't 'low diff' Mard Geer with it.

Mard Geer

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Jacob is not a Devil Slayer, so Mard's Memento Mori, Jacob is dead.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I don't see how Jacob would manage to escape Memento Mori, unless by chance he can transport it away? Does his transport also stretch to other people's techniques?
Then again Mard has to actually find Jacob first before performing any feats..
In a normal setting Jacob wins this easily since there are no women around that can be his weakness but if they were fighting in Cube Mard Geer wins because there's no way to counter Alegria

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Mard.

Faster, and more durable. His offense is pretty weak but he should be able to outlast Jacob.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ezel is a mid tier Demon Gate. You can't compare him with Mard Geer. The only Demon Gate that could be compared to Mard Geer's power level is Kyôka.
I just said I wasn't, I'm displaying the vast difference in power from pre-ts to current versions. Wendy extreme diffed Enel at max pre-ts but current Wendy while severely injured one shotted him with a low level spell.

Since when can Jacob blitz someone? His speed isn't impressive at all and his reaction speed is even worse.
He blitzed Natsu on multiple occasions when he went invisible and reacted to Natsu on multiple occasions. Current Natsu >>>>>>>>> DF Tartaros Natsu which blitzed dafudge out of Mard and did major damage.
There is no proof Jacob's magical attack will work on opponents who can be seen.
The move was never stated to only work on Mavis so it's applicable to any enemy. Where are you getting that it only works on Mavis?

Etherious Mard Geer would overpower Alvarez Base Natsu as well. He has Memento Mori after all. Natsu would've died if Gray didn't disable it.
Mard got blitzed and damaged by an inferior version of current Natsu so yeah current base Natsu would low diff Mard.

Because that attack was created to attack ghosts. No matter, he won't 'low diff' Mard Geer with it.
The attack wasn't made for ghost and it never said it was. It just shows his attacks can harm ethereal beings which he shown to do multiple times.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Stealthily cut his neck.Well that's violent.In a serious but his attacks are not that strong and effective as we have seen so i doubt he will be able to cut his neck even though his MP may be greater than Mard Geer's.
His attacks where able to harm current Natsu so why couldn't he chop off Mard's neck? He could break Mard's neck with his physical strength if his tools don't work too.

Tinitus

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Georgia
Marde was caught offguard when Natsu blized him. Marde didn't receive major damage against DF Natsu, that is a major hyperbole. He straight up took on Natsu's barrage of attacks, and grabbed Natsu by the head.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Marde was caught offguard when Natsu blized him. Marde didn't receive major damage against DF Natsu, that is a major hyperbole. He straight up took on Natsu's barrage of attacks, and grabbed Natsu by the head.
Mard got blitzed three times in a row so the caught off guard point is moot and Natsu did major damage to Mard, he cracked his face and made him spit out blood. Mard was screaming in pain and was sweating from the attack so yeah he did major damage.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I just said I wasn't, I'm displaying the vast difference in power from pre-ts to current versions. Wendy extreme diffed Enel at max pre-ts but current Wendy while severely injured one shotted him with a low level spell.
I see. But what has Wendy to do with this? She was stronger than Ezel in both Tartaros arc and Alvarez arc. But DF Natsu couldn't defeat Mard Geer on his own. Tell me, how do you think Natsu improved his Dragon Force in the one year time skip while he can't activate it by his own will?

He blitzed Natsu on multiple occasions when he went invisible and reacted to Natsu on multiple occasions. Current Natsu >>>>>>>>> DF Tartaros Natsu which blitzed dafudge out of Mard and did major damage.
The move was never stated to only work on Mavis so it's applicable to any enemy. Where are you getting that it only works on Mavis?
No, he never blitzed Natsu. He went invisible and just attacked them, since they couldn't see him at all.

DF Natsu barely did damage to Etherious Mard Geer. Mard Geer had the upper hand throughout their fight. We can easily say Mard Geer > DF Natsu.

Do you mean Base Natsu or FDKM Natsu?

Mard got blitzed and damaged by an inferior version of current Natsu so yeah current base Natsu would low diff Mard.
Lol.

The attack wasn't made for ghost and it never said it was. It just shows his attacks can harm ethereal beings which he shown to do multiple times.
He only used it against Mavis for a reason. He didn't use it against Natsu and Lucy, which he would've done if it worked on them.

Anyway, I want to know how you think Jacob could handle this situation:

Etherious Mard Geer flies in the air once Jacob turns invisible.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Moderator Notice:
As scheduled, Battle 4 of Bo16 is now closed for discussions. You still can vote for your choice until tomorrow (June 2nd, 12.00 PM GMT). Thank you for participating.~ ahmadrizqik

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Here is the result!

Mard Geer TartarusJacob Lessio
34 votes11 votes

Mard Geer Tartarus advances. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.