Third Place - Marian Cross vs. Kaito Kuroba | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Third Place Marian Cross vs. Kaito Kuroba

Who wins?

• Marian Cross

• Kaito Kuroba

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Marian Cross
D.Gray-Man
-

Kaito Kuroba
Detective Conan

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I guess this one isn't too hard
I'm favoring for Marian but I'm willing to wait for campaigns. Good luck you two! :cheerbunny

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

recap

Early phase post (nobody cares but wtv :s)

1st of all, I started preparing my campaign during nomination phase,I just copied/pasted but it was way too long so i deleted a lot of uncessary text, hope it’s not too tedious.

So who is Marian ? Marian Cross is a very strong (possibly the strongest exorcist in DGM or one of them), upright, caring & charismatic guy, it's not your average guy who could be easily be manipulated. And he’s a kind & pleasant man despite he tends to not show his caring side too much. He's a likeable character because not only, he’s funny, manly, protective hot ♥ (but that’s totally biased, i guess), but above all, i love how is he, how he is behaving, how he's not just an obedient puppy as a general, he's the kind of guy who questions a lot, even authority (the Order).

he is a man of knowledge (a scientist), and despite acting tough, he’s a goodhearted guy, who took care of a child who’s not even his, he mentored Allen and developped eventually a father-child relationship with him, he btw is the one who made Tim and gave him to Allen (to those who aren’t familiar with DGm, just consider Tim as a mascot for now, see pics ;) ).

According to Hoshino (quoting wiki) : Cross regards Allen as his own child, and thinks that Allen is cute. In turn, Allen was very distraught when he saw all the blood in Cross' room, believing him to be dead [...]The anime changed their relationship, adding fillers of Cross being more cruel to Allen than he was in the manga. Examples including Cross running off and leaving Allen to be beaten by thugs. Forcing him to gamble for money when he wasn't in need of any due to living off of rich lovers.
[...]
“There are some key differences in Cross portrayal with the anime and the manga. The former added in filler episodes and events, or changed things, to play up Cross as being a bad person, and villainized him more than Hoshino's manga characterization.

People think Marian is not enough good because of his womanizer side hoshino said : “Cross likes good women, and expensive wine and dislikes dirty bastards”), indeed he has this kind of penchant but the anime emphasizes that much more that is it in the original material and made him look maybe slightly bad, while actually he’s not even a Jiraya, a Ryo Saeba or a Sanji womanizer level, he's only shown being gallant and having a soft spot for women. Also being interested in women dont make him bad, he’s not commited in some relationships. Afaik so there’s nothing wrong, its not as if he was cheating. Many characters are like this, calling him bad because of that is quite hyprocritical and double standards. Anyway he’s a protective gentleman towards women quite like Sanji. Marian didnt do anything wrong, didnt tortured anyone, has no human killing records as far as i know, has not been embroiled in any inhuman thing like a great part of the nominees.

Personnally I don’t have any specific standards when it come to "husbando" thing, IRL I dont look for any idealised kind of person. And i’m not naïve enough to think of love in an idyllic way. Also I’m far to be perfect so I obviously don’t have that much expectations about that. Perfection doesnt exist to begin with, and perfection is boring. Quoting a comment about imperfections of the teacher of some classical music course Im taking about "vibrato" :

"how the tempo slows down and then speeds back up here and there. And again, notice how these slight imperfections, create expression in music. This is how a great performer communicates emotion to us ! "

Yes Marian is not flawless, but those few flaws of his are minors and are not at all disqualifying him for the best husbando title. On the contrary, minors flaws are what makes people, human. In my perspective the most important things is that the husbando is upright, honest, caring, kind but patient and firm, but strong enough and capable enough, and above all someone who respects me (women generally speaking). And Marian is a perfect virtual representation of what I would likely expect, personality-wise i guess.

Cross as a caring /loving parent figure :

Marian is definitely a helpful man, who cooks, cleans, etc., he raised alone a child with love and care. As i said earlier I frankly can't think that a guy who's being so much attentive, and so caring with a child who is not even his, can be a bad guy, and a bad husband. Its to me, just a proof of how tender and soft he is actually.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I guess this one isn't too hard
I'm favoring for Marian but I'm willing to wait for campaigns. Good luck you two! :cheerbunny
You re gonna betray me again, :s

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
You re gonna betray me again, :s
Probably.. probably not..
But I still do favor for Marian so dw Erin-san. Just do your best. :^_^

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Probably.. probably not..
But I still do favor for Marian so dw Erin-san. Just do your best. :^_^

yare yare

i keep doing my best i cant do more than that, my nominee is not mc, he appears very few, has to little exposure, and still i tried to give it all but well...

Thxs again @Gryffindor ♥

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
At this point we’ve seen so much campaigning that I don’t need any more to make a decision. Despite what I said when he was up against Hak (who imo clearly was the better Husbando) this one is an easy decision for me.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Should I betray Erin one more time?Can't decide :verily

Status
Not open for further replies.