Voting Round 3 - Mashiro Shiina vs Beatrix | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Mashiro Shiina vs Beatrix

Who wins?

• Mashiro Shiina

• Beatrix

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted for Mashiro because she shares the name of one of my favorite Bleach characters.

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Mh folks choose wisely
Beate is the best choice, the waifu you dream to love and live with ♥

IS mashiro a demon too ?

I don't what to do to to convince you but pliz vote beate ! ♥

vote beate ! vote beate ! vote beate ! vote beaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate !

I love how diverse you are in waifu-picking. Beatrix and Sawako couldn't be more different xD Sunako > both anyways.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Voted for Mashiro.She is more beautiful.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Forgive me, @Erinyes and @Zasz I have to betray you two once again :emocat

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Styx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
It's an anime loli-like girl against a non-anime capable, smart, strong, non-loli...we all know who most people are going to vote for. lol However, even if my vote will be "thrown away" I'll still vote for Beatrix.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
It's an anime loli-like girl against a non-anime capable, smart, strong, non-loli...we all know who most people are going to vote for. lol However, even if my vote will be "thrown away" I'll still vote for Beatrix.
Ohhhhhh so true ♥

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Seriously guys. Read a book. Google it. Use Wikipedia. I don't care.

How the fuck is a normal sized, big boobed, almost 18 year old girl a loli?

What the fuck is wrong with you people...

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Seriously guys. Read a book. Google it. Use Wikipedia. I don't care.

How the fuck is a normal sized, big boobed, almost 18 year old girl a loli?

What the fuck is wrong with you people...
I said "loli-like" for a reason as I do not consider her a 100% loli but she's very clearly loli material.

However, a "loli" is just a slang term referring to the cultural acceptance and spreading of youthful or childlike appearances in females. It doesn't just have to be that they are underage or flat-chested etc etc. So mentioning that she's "almost 18" or "big boobed" doesn't mean she isn't a loli. She also acts like a small child, to the point where she needs to be taken care of like a child...just for fanservice. The character is clearly given a child-like impression regardless of her actual age or her not possessing the flatness of an actual child.

Also, I'd hardly call her breast size "big". The first episode even gets a remark about how "flat chested she is" (given how small her breasts are) and you can see they're actually pretty dang small several times in that first episode.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Her boobs are not small.

Calling a Girl a loli - which refers to little childs. She is a shoujo - because she "acts" like one for fanservice?
Being autistic is fanservice? Oh boy..
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
That useless debate aside:

Vote Mashiro :wtf

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Her boobs are not small.

Calling a Girl a loli - which refers to little childs. She is a shoujo - because she "acts" like one for fanservice?
Being autistic is fanservice? Oh boy..
Her boobs are not "big", unless it changed sometime in the anime?

I'd hardly call that "big". That's pretty average, though again, breast size doesn't determine if someone is a loli...you are not correct about the slang term. Loli does not simply refer to underage characters. If you don't believe me, google it yourself. It is also the youthful/childlike appearance being put on females of any age.

• "ロリ", A Japanese slang term which represents a cultural version of a more youthful or childlike female appearance. For example, girls under the age of 13 or 14 can be considered lolis. However, females whose bodies have not yet reached adulthood can also be considered lolis whilst disregarding their age as criteria.
    Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loli
Lolicon (ロリコン rorikon), also romanized as lolikon or rorikon, is Japanese discourse or media focusing on the attraction to young or prepubescent girls. The term lolicon is a portmanteau of the phrase "Lolita complex";[1] it describes an attraction to young or prepubescent girls, an individual with such an attraction, or lolicon manga or lolicon anime, a genre of manga and anime wherein childlike female characters are often depicted in an "erotic-cute" manner (also known as ero kawaii), in an art style reminiscent of the shōjo manga (girls' comics) style.[2][3][4][5]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolicon
There are many definitions of a loli as you can see. It isn't just about age or body features being underage/non-existent. You're confusing the Japanese slang to a static definition it arose from, when it no longer references a singular definition.

Are you saying she's "autistic" simply because she's portrayed in the way that she is? That could be said for every character like her in defense that she or others aren't lolis. Where's the evidence to back this fan theory? She's just incompetent and that's what the anime says/portrays, that she has absolutely no common sense, and slowly gets "better" as the anime progresses.

If that's what you want to vote for, fine, I just don't dig lolis or loli-like characters...

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
By your definition every girl who is not an adult is a loli. Or even a 30 year old if she acts childish. This is not what this is. There simply is a difference between cute and being a loli.

But I will end this topic here. Just doesn't get anywhere and gets in the way of this event.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
What? No, that is not what I am saying. If a 30yr in an anime is given a childlike appearance or acts like a child, she's a loli as proven by the definitions I gave you. If she's a little naive, a little ditsy etc that's not the same thing and you know it. So you can't really argue the definitions and cultural meaning behind the slang just because you disagree with it. That's what loli defines as....but okay?

Laxus

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
I would get lost in those boobs. Death by Snu Snu please.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Mashiro is clearly no loli (she doen't look like a child to me, actually Misaka looks way WAY younger), there's a difference between kawaii and loli. :kappa
Anyway, I have to read a little about this Beatrix girl, I know she's from FFIX (never played it) but I want to know why is she so special.:sweatbunny

Or is she popular because @Erinyes really brainwashed you all :gwah
Please someone explain to me why she is better than Rem, and dont you say "oppais", please :XD
I'll restrain my vote for now.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
What is this "childlike appearance" we are talking about? By that logic, Sakurasou is a loli-only anime, since it's the series' art style you are referring to. She looks like a "normal" high school girl to me.
Even the definition given is confusing. It says "disregarding their age" while noting "females whose bodies have not yet reached adulthood". Age and breast size does matter. Not that only one of these factors constitute what defines a loli, but that obviously doesn't mean each of them aren't playing their role. Again, Mashiro does not look significantly younger than her actual age, nor has extreme body proportions that would classify as a loli. She also doesn't show childlike traits in her actions that goes beyond her natural social awkward status.
And if you are going to argue that there isn't a single definition, but multiple instead, maybe "See, your definition is wrong" isn't the way to kick things off.

Regarding her mental status, there is a lot of discussion on this topic regarding Mashiro and autism. I tend to believe she might have Asperger's syndrome. Of course, it's a theory and won't be proven since the series doesn't aim to show medical reports about mental health of characters. Saying her situation could apply to anyone is pushing it. This isn't about not being able to put your socks on. Clumsiness isn't tied to autism. Extreme social ineptitude, lack of ability to express herself clearly and obsession with a certain activity that takes the person't entire focus can easily be tied to autism or related syndromes, however.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Anyways, vote for Mashiron!

Whoops, wrong Mashiron~

I think I campaigned enough now.

Not that I can keep going even if I wished for it, too sleepy.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
So nobody is going to support beatrix and give reasons to vote other than "she's strong" or "vote for her!"
What a disappointment :nah

Then Mashiro gets my vote, at least she's cute. :blush

Status
Not open for further replies.