Shounen - Mashle: Magic and Muscles by Hajime Komoto | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Mashle: Magic and Muscles by Hajime Komoto

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So there is a thread for the best gag character around. Nice.

Knight of Stalwart Heart

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Given that we saw a Sphinx wearing something that looks like a Nemes in the beginning of the manga I think it's not beyond the realm of possibility that we could have Egyptian gods besides the Greek gods whose strength can be invoked by the Divine Visionaries.

Also, it seems to me that the Divine Visionaries are all possibly aspects of something (like war for instance). Margarette referred to Rayne as Divine Visionary of War during their short battle. I wonder if the aspect part is tied to the administration that the Divine Visionaries lead. Don't remember what administration Rayne leads, if it was shown, but I imagine he would be leading the Magic Military Administration given that he's a Divine Visionary of War.

As for other Visionaries :

Renatus - Magic Cemetary Administration - Divine Visionary of Death - Some god of death (Anubis?)
Tsurara - Magic Research Administration - Divine Visionary of Inquiry - ?
Kaldo - Magic Talent Administration - Divine Visionary of Teaching (?) - ?
Agito - Magical Creatures Administration - Divine Visionary of Beasts - Some god of beasts (Artemis?)
Sophina - Forbidden Magical Texts Administration - Divine Visionary of History/Knowledge - Some god related to History/Knowledge (Thoth?)
Orter - Magical Power Administration - Divine Visionary of Conjuration (?) - ?
Ryoh - Magic Security Forces Captain - Divine Visionary of Protection - ?

I think there's an overlap between Ryoh and Rayne's administrations but they could be distinct in the sense that Ryoh leads a police force while Rayne leads a military.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Didn't expect Margarette to pull that out and he still hasn't revealed his Secondth. I wonder if Metamorhose is something unique to him or other mages have it.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I hope other mages do have it. On other hand, tho, that Mash plan to counter the sound magic... Guy is a genius.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Margarette makes me wanna know just how strong Rayne is

Ebrietas-

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Dissapointed with margarette's pretty boy upgrade tbh. Author is trying really hard to pull the fujoshi audience.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm, I wonder if Marguette was lying about the time limit of his Secondth. Mash expression in the last few pages seems to imply he's not totally sold on his victory.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

That's an interesting collection of fighters we got, although I'm surprised Dot was chosen. I know he's strong, but the other 4 are Divine Visionary level fighters and he's not shown that level of skill yet. But Wahlberg chose him and I assume he has a keen eye for strength.

Speaking of Divine Visionary, Kaldo is...impressive. He's easily one-shotting fodder than has the strength of a double liner.

And Marguette (who identifies as a woman) is interesting as well, she's apparently capable of using her magic still despite her broken wand. I imagine that's going to lead to her getting a Master Cane.

And Mash doesn't remember Cell War. Lol.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Loving the slow burn world-building. Also, Innocent Zero looks awesome. Did not expect that sort of body horror in this series.

Dark Magic is an interesting ability for someone like that. I wouldn't call it a subversion yet, but you usually don't get a renowned character like that and give them something like that. I wonder if they is supposed to be a Creation theme with these three. From the Abyss/Nothing/Darkness rises Space (Wahlberg) and Time (Innocent Zero).

Monox D. I-Fly

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I just hope that Wahlberg doesn't get Worfed this early. But then, The Third Hokage in Naruto died in his first onscreen fight. Then again, he lost to Naruto in Chapter 1.

Btw, how did Dot come back from being a baby?

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just hope that Wahlberg doesn't get Worfed this early. But then, The Third Hokage in Naruto died in his first onscreen fight. Then again, he lost to Naruto in Chapter 1.

Btw, how did Dot come back from being a baby?
Same. I'll be fine if he loses, but hopefully, he's just weakened or something that prevents him from being a major player in fight. But keep him around so he can still play a role in the story. Like Julius from Black Clover.

Lance knocked the Baby Mage out.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This series is honestly the hypest read in Jump right now (alongside Black Clover) . Wahlberg ain't no joke.

tejas

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
India
When do spoilers for chapter 104 come?

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mash is gonna be super broken after his training is finished.

I wonder what’s going on with Finn, I thought he would have learned something new by now and I can’t tell if him cooking fish really is just a gag or not.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I know this series wasn't supposed to last that long given the premise, but I really wished we could've gotten to spend a bit more time with the Visionaries. They are some interesting characters. The Ice Visionary especially is fun.

ZenbaaS

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
The last few panels from the most recent chapter had me properly confused. Not really sure who beat who ect as the characters appearance seem to change as it went on....

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Have there always been spoilers for Mashle? Rayne and Finn aren’t about to fare much better than Dot and Lance against Doom We’re getting close to seeing how much stronger Mash is. A chapter or two away I think.