Theory - Mel and Zel's mother and Eli's father + Mael's true origins | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Mel and Zel's mother and Eli's father + Mael's true origins

Shadowlord123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Okay, time for some crackpot theory to make this forum slightly more alive in this week's break. As you may know, Mel and Zel have a mother as stated in a Q/A by Nakaba. You can check it in this fantastic compilation made by @Heart_LoveXX (the question's number is 283 (Q10)).

We don't know anything about Eli's father, but for the sake of this theory let's assume she has one too, just like Mel and Zel have a mother.

In the latest chapter it was revealed that the SD and the DK, as well as the Sacred Tree created their own races from nothingness. This implies that every member of the clan (at least the high level ones) were actually created by the Gods. There's something weird going on with all of this. Even though the DK and the SD created the whole race, only Mel and Eli are refered time and time again as the sons of them. If we add the fact that they seem to be the only ones (well, you could add Zel too) with the potential to become deity tier, it seems safe to assume that the way they were created is different from the rest of the race. Probably they were the only ones created with actual sexual reproduction? This would seem to be the case since Nakaba already said that Mel and Zel have a mother, but who is that mother? You would think that such an important character would have been revealed already in the DK arc, but no, nothing. In addition to this, nothing about Eli's father either. I think this is too much to be simple coincidence. Either they were created normally like the rest of the clan but they were anomalies with an abnormal degree of power or the SD is Mel's mother and the DK, Eli's father. Given Nakaba's interest in making love stories between couples, I would say the last one is more likely and it would help to explain why very important characters like Mel and Zel's mother and Eli's father haven't been revealed up to this point, because we've already seen them.

This next thing may be even more reaching too, but what if Mael isn't actually Ludo's brother but Eli's younger brother? I remember @Mighty Escanor saying that Adult Mel being possessed by the DK and Mael looked extremely similar to each other and that's true. Not to mention that Mael and Ludo don't look anything alike. I would argue that Mael looks way more similar to Eli (both have white, grayish hair) than Ludo. In addition to this, Mael as a kid was portrayed as an extremely kind individual who hated violence (before Ludo fucked him up). You know who had a similar personality? Yeah, Eli.

My crackpot theory is that Mel, Eli, Zel and Mael are actually the only real sons of the gods who were given birth directly and thus all of them are siblings. The DK and the SD fell in love with each other at some point but broke the relationship after some time due to unknown circumstances (this could maybe explain to some degree why we have seen them working together during multiple times of the story). This would also explain why Mael has more similarities with Eli and Mel more than with Ludo, as well as their incredible potential compared to the other members of the respective clans. Mael was stated to be incredibly weak as a kid. What if the SD was an extremely prideful individual and didn't want someone as untalented and weak as Mael to be considered her son and brainwashed him along with Ludo? This way, Mael could probably change his demeanor to a Demon killer with Ludo's ideals (she probably didn't have the time to do it herself), Maybe the reason she bestowed the Sun grace upon him in the first place was out of pity? Maybe the reason she hides her face (assuming it's not pure light) is because she looks very similar to Mel (lmao, can you imagine the SD with Mel's face popping out out of the seal and saying "Nishishi"? Ok, I stop).

And yeah, this would mean that the main relationship of the series is actually an incestuous one. I actually would like this kind of plot twist. Let's be honest here, the plot has been pretty shattered since quite a lot of chapters already. Mel and Eli being an incestuous couple wouldn't destroy it at this point. Not with all the points I've said. Good series (at least up until the 6th Season) like Game of Thrones have used this concept and haven't gotten any shit comments for it.

So, what do you think? Do you think it's possible for Nakaba to pull out something like this?

Last edited:

Kinguxsloth

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Lol how can you be disgusted with ban and elaine and not this? No incestuous shit please

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Just to make something clear if I wasn't clear enough on my first comment. I'm NOT trying to defend incest. I'm talking this from a pure plot standpoint, not from a morale one. There's quite the evidence as I already showed on my previous comment to at least consider this as a possibility. I think it would be quite interesting if this happened. How would the characters react? What would they consider to do?

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
I've thought Mael to be a secret son of SD who might be having affair with ludo's dad back then and cheated over her real husband(Eli's dad) and secretly gave birth to Mael but knowing this her husband left her and went away. So SD in order to keep her pride and not get humiliated brainwashed ludo that he has a brother since beginning from his actual mother and ludo kept mael as his brother.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Perhaps besides sexual reproduction, perhaps the Gods split a piece of their souls in order to make their children, like how Death The Kid is a piece of his father's soul.

more similar to Eli (both have white, grayish hair) than Ludo. In addition to this, Mael as a kid was portrayed as an extremely kind individual who hated violence (before Ludo fucked him up). You know who had a similar personality? Yeah, Eli.
Actually, Elizabeth was pretty bloodthirsty and evil before she became extremely kind (just like Meliodas). Mael on the other hand, did the reverse.

This would also explain why Mael has more similarities with Eli and Mel more than with Ludo, as well as their incredible potential compared to the other members of the respective clans. Mael was stated to be incredibly weak as a kid. What if the SD was an extremely prideful individual and didn't want someone as untalented and weak as Mael to be considered her son and brainwashed him along with Ludo?
I don't see why the brainwashing wouldn't have been lifted once Mael became the strongest of the Four Archangels?

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Perhaps besides sexual reproduction, perhaps the Gods split a piece of their souls in order to make their children, like how Death The Kid is a piece of his father's soul.
Can a piece of the DK's soul actually have the potential to reach the level of all the DK? Idk, it could be too.

Actually, Elizabeth was pretty bloodthirsty and evil before she became extremely kind (just like Meliodas). Mael on the other hand, did the reverse.
Wat? Did you got all this just from the Bloodstained title? Come on, we barely know anything about it. It's too soon to draw these type of conclusions and claim them as a fact.

Though I'm not denying the possibility either. We just don't have enough information and context.

I don't see why the brainwashing wouldn't have been lifted once Mael became the strongest of the Four Archangels?
SD lifting the brainwashing does nothing but to give Mael reasons to betray her, since he would discover that his whole life would have just been a lie fabricated by her.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
Three chapters after being called bloodstained she went back to helpless maiden

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Can a piece of the DK's soul actually have the potential to reach the level of all the DK? Idk, it could be too.
Well, Meliodas is his own person as well, a piece of the Demon King's soul would only enhance his strength.

Wat? Did you got all this just from the Bloodstained title? Come on, we barely know anything about it. It's too soon to draw these type of conclusions and claim them as a fact.

Though I'm not denying the possibility either. We just don't have enough information and context.
It's highly likely though? As the Supreme Deity's daughter, she would be raised to battle against demons and have the ideology of superiority against them. Plus, being around the Four Archangels like Ludoshel a lot would certainly help incentive this mentality.

Meliodas told us that Elizabeth was called ''Bloodstained Ellie'' in the underworld, which I assume, is because of her cold & bloody slaughter of generic demons on the battlefields, where she also met Meliodas, whom regretted underestimating her in battle.

The current Elizabeth wouldn't slaughter masses and masses of demons since we saw her asking them to step down peacefully on two different occasions. So, if Elizabeth was kind and benevolent all along, would you like to explain why she slaughtered masses of demons and fought Meliodas on the battlefield? Clearly she was just like Meliodas, a servant to her mother and uncaring towards her enemies, until she met Meliodas, where he (and her) changed each other into much more kind & benevolent individuals.

This is even expressed through the Four Archangels being surprised at Elizabeth wanting to save the Indura, instead of killing them. Why would Ludoshel ask her to kill Indura with him if she was a kind & selfless person all her life? Why would Sariel & Tarmiel question her mentality on equality among the five races if she was seemingly peaceful all her life?

Given the information Nakaba has given us, although it is subtle, it heavily implies she wasn't always a kind & benevolent individual.

SD lifting the brainwashing does nothing but to give Mael reasons to betray her, since he would discover that his whole life would have just been a lie fabricated by her.
Why would he want to betray her? ''Oh, I'm actually the Supreme Deity's son? Damn, sucks to be privileged!''
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Three chapters after being called bloodstained she went back to helpless maiden
Nakaba's writing is pretty trash. I mean Mael, nicknamed the ''Angel of Death'' is written to be a coward now... its a shame.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Well, Meliodas is his own person as well, a piece of the Demon King's soul would only enhance his strength.
I see, it could definitely be a case.

It's highly likely though? As the Supreme Deity's daughter, she would be raised to battle against demons and have the ideology of superiority against them. Plus, being around the Four Archangels like Ludoshel a lot would certainly help incentive this mentality.

Meliodas told us that Elizabeth was called ''Bloodstained Ellie'' in the underworld, which I assume, is because of her cold & bloody slaughter of generic demons on the battlefields, where she also met Meliodas, whom regretted underestimating her in battle.

The current Elizabeth wouldn't slaughter masses and masses of demons since we saw her asking them to step down peacefully on two different occasions. So, if Elizabeth was kind and benevolent all along, would you like to explain why she slaughtered masses of demons and fought Meliodas on the battlefield? Clearly she was just like Meliodas, a servant to her mother and uncaring towards her enemies, until she met Meliodas, where he (and her) changed each other into much more kind & benevolent individuals.

This is even expressed through the Four Archangels being surprised at Elizabeth wanting to save the Indura, instead of killing them. Why would Ludoshel ask her to kill Indura with him if she was a kind & selfless person all her life? Why would Sariel & Tarmiel question her mentality on equality among the five races if she was seemingly peaceful all her life?

Given the information Nakaba has given us, although it is subtle, it heavily implies she wasn't always a kind & benevolent individual.
Sure, that's a nice theory and all, and it definitely doesn't lack the evidence, don't get me wrong. However, no matter how well supported a theory is, it's still that, a theory. Until it is confirmed by the author, you cannot claim it as if it was canon material from the manga. That's like me saying that Mel, Zel, Eli and Mael are all sons of the DK and the SD and siblings because there's quite the evidence behind it in my eyes. Obviously that's not how it works. I'm not denying your theory, though, but until Nakaba gives more information and context, it stays as a theory.

Why would he want to betray her? ''Oh, I'm actually the Supreme Deity's son? Damn, sucks to be privileged!''
Because he would discover that his whole life would have been a lie created by her and that would incentivate his motives of betrayal. Her lifting the brainwashing does nothing but to give Mael motives to betray her, as I already said. It's better to let things stay as they are. It's not like she would gain something by lifting it in the first place, and if the SD is half as bitchy as she's being portrayed, all the more reason.