Athletics - Men's 100m Sprint | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Athletics Men's 100m Sprint

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Great final!

It was awesome to see nearly every sprinter in the final recording a time under 10 seconds. I was actually rooting for Blake to win it because out of all the sprinters, I think he had the best technique in regards to his starts and his posture when picking up the pace after the 30/40 metre mark. Gay (USA) would've got the bronze had it not been the sudden drop in focus at the finishing line. Apparently it was less than a second difference between Gatlin and Gay crossing the line. From the reception and response over the heats of the 100 metres I got the impression that many fans wanted Gay to win more than Gatlin. It seems many are still unforgiven towards Gatlin for silly doping charges. I don't blame them. <_<

Bolt cruised to victory like many predicted. It was incredible to see him increase the gap after the 60th metre mark. It looks simple on the screen but it must be painstaking for the other sprinters to experience first hand during the race. The dude had time to relax his pace even in the finals! xDDDD!

Last edited:

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
This final was pretty nerve wracking because its entirety lasted less than 10 seconds unlike other events!

There were a lot of pressure on Bolt to strike gold again so his win must have been a huge relief. Yohan Blake seemed really happy with his silver and the fact that he would be standing next to his good friend on the podium. Who knows maybe he will be the one to get gold in Rio.

I felt sorry for their teammate, Powell. It sucks to be so close to the podium and end up injured at the last minute second.

Thank goodness the bottle an idiot threw before the race never disrupted anyone. Someone could have made a false start or tripped if it landed further. :eyeroll

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If Powell didn't get injured it looked more than likely that Jamaica would've taken the bronze medal as well. I think it would've been a tight finish between Powell, Gay and Gatlin. Definitely would've made the 100m finals that more exciting if it did happen. Shame it didn't. >< At least we've got the 4x100m final to look forward too! :zomg

Looking at a few clips on youtube of Bolt in various competitions (both national and international games) you definitely get a sense of how legendary this athlete has become not just for his own country but worldwide. It's insane how many records he has smashed in the space of 4/5 years. Found this popular clip that includes the majority of records he broke:

Maybe, he'll be up for Rio 2016 who knows...

Last edited by a moderator: