Tennis - Men's singles Tennis | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Tennis Men's singles Tennis

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Men's singles Tennis

You can discuss everything about Men's singles Tennis competition in this thread. You can make your predictions about this and other Olympics events in Mangahelpers Olympics 2012 Contest Poll and win awards, see Discussion Thread for more information about the contest.

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Now that Nadal pulled out of competition, Djokovic and Federer are the biggest contenders for the title. Federer won Wimbledon in style, defeating Djokovic in the semis but Djokovic had a very bad day with many unforced errors. Overall Federer is a more impressive player but Djokovic is more consistent and contrary to what many people think, I believe he has slightly better chances to win Olympics gold medal. Murray, Wimbledon finalist, is another player to consider but it seems to me that he chokes when there's much at stake and Olympics is one of the most important tournaments that requires top performance from all players. If any other player other than those three wins the tournament, I'll consider it a big surprise.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I also believe that currently Djokovic has the most consistency of the men's top players but Federer has that depth of experience behind him and immense skill despite his age and I believe if he's at his best form or anywhere near there, his victory is assured. It's been a long while since the days that Djokovic used to constantly pull out of matches because of his fitness and injuries; he's a solid player with ridiculous groundstrokes.

I wouldn't rule out Murray for a medal there too, and he'll definitely have the crowd behind him. Let's see how he fairs. It would be funny if he wins gold, having failed to win what the nation ACTUALLY want him to win :amuse.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Murry has a tough chance of beating Novak in the semis now, that is if Tsonga does not shine today. Though I want Roger to win, as always, it is his favorite court after all, they just do not cal it Wimbledon. :D Novak vs Roger is ideal for a final though, too bad in the Olympics they play who gets first to 2 sets, takes out a lot from this sport imo. :/

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Murry has a tough chance of beating Novak in the semis now, that is if Tsonga does not shine today. Though I want Roger to win, as always, it is his favorite court after all, they just do not cal it Wimbledon. :D Novak vs Roger is ideal for a final though, too bad in the Olympics they play who gets first to 2 sets, takes out a lot from this sport imo. :/
It does and it's unfortunate but you have to think of the length of matches and times. This isn't a standalone event like the Grand Slams or Masters tournaments. I think Murray has the potential to defeat Djokovic but on his day and even if Murray has the crowd behind him, Djoko would win. But I'm also rooting for Federer. Gutted to see him and Wawrinka out of the doubles and losing their title in the process.

I'm also rooting for Serena Williams in the women's draw; she absolutely thrashed Carolina Wozniacki in the quarters and Azarenka won't be an easy match. Beyond that she could also have to deal with either Sharapova, Clijsters and Kirilenko.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm also rooting for Serena Williams in the women's draw; she absolutely thrashed Carolina Wozniacki in the quarters and Azarenka won't be an easy match. Beyond that she could also have to deal with either Sharapova, Clijsters and Kirilenko.
I've watched Kerber - Azarenka today and she's really strong, it will be a very hard match for Serena but I think the chances are 50-50. For now my guess is Azarenka - Sharapova (no doubt she will beat Kirilenko, her performance until now was too strong) in the final but I haven't watched Serena so who knows.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got to say that Federer x Del Potro semi final match was incredible. Thoroughly enjoyed watching it. Just when you thought Del Potro had the upper hand, Federer come's out of nowhere with formidable strength to win it overall. He didn't actually look his best from his body language and the way he was acting up at some points of the game. He looked really drained out but to play so fast and well in a semi's against a really strong opponent was great to see. Definitely well deserving reward. I guess it was one of the best matches to actually watch live this year! Murray's worst nightmare is waiting for him in the Final. :derp

The female singles final will be a great match too! S. Williams vs. Sharapova! =D

Last edited: