Voting Round 1 - Mereoleona Vermillion vs. Langris Vaude | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Mereoleona Vermillion vs. Langris Vaude

Who is the strongest?

• Mereoleona Vermillion

• Langris Vaude

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Mereoleona Vermillion
Langris Vaude

Last edited by a moderator:

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would give it to Langris, simply because he can attack from a range. Mereoleona is insanely fast, but Langris can maintain his distance simply by teleporting from one edge of the battlefield to another, while also throwing out spheres of spatial magic to erase whatever touches them.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I would give it to Langris, simply because he can attack from a range. Mereoleona is insanely fast, but Langris can maintain his distance simply by teleporting from one edge of the battlefield to another, while also throwing out spheres of spatial magic to erase whatever touches them.
She could just burn his magic since we've seen her do that and Langris isn't her level. She also blitzed Rhya when the latter couldn't comprehend bit until the last second.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Can Langris teleport at all?

He uses Spatial Magic, but I honestly don't remember him teleporting in any chapter. His brother can, but it looks to me like Langris' only Spatial Magic ability is erasing space.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
She could just burn his magic since we've seen her do that and Langris isn't her level. She also blitzed Rhya when the latter couldn't comprehend bit until the last second.
Can she burn what is basically a void? His magic teleports away whatever it touches, there doesn;t seem like there would be anything to actually burn.

Can Langris teleport at all?

He uses Spatial Magic, but I honestly don't remember him teleporting in any chapter. His brother can, but it looks to me like Langris' only Spatial Magic ability is erasing space.
Rereading his scenes, I couldn't find any example of him actually teleporting, so that's my mistake. Still, given the way his magic works, I would say he has the edge, but Mereoleona should have better odds now since she could potentially catch him in close combat.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I think I will give this to Mereoleona based on her captain-level status alone.

I'll do that simply because I can't really decide who has the better abilities but some of the skills that gave Yami and Jack trouble from Langris were under the boost of an elf, while Mereoleona can give Yami trouble any day.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't see why not. It's magic, she can burn magic. His magic isn't invincible.
Because there's nothing to burn. His magic is basically a portal, so her flames will just go into it. We're specifically shown anything it touches is erased.

She can avoid it.
Not if he fills the area with the spheres, which seems to be his preferred method of attacking.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Because there's nothing to burn. His magic is basically a portal, so her flames will just go into it. We're specifically shown anything it touches is erased.

Not if he fills the area with the spheres, which seems to be his preferred method of attacking.
Ok, she tanks his attacks which she is very capable of doing and blitzes him. He's going to try and assert dominance and that's what's going to give him the quick win.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dountful that Langris can even catch Mereo. The fight would be nearly similar to Yami vs Dante when the latter was using Simgularity without the added effect of Singularity's gravity.

Mereoleona can bounce around freely within her Mana Zone and attack from any angle thanks to it. Langris can only attack what he can see.

His elf form had that automatic defense, but even then, I think it's possible Mereoleona would just overwhelm him in sheer firepower.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Sisleona wins.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mereleona saw the shit Langirs caused and decided to give him a piece of her mind. Her mastery of mana zone, her speed, and overwhelming raw power give her the decisive edge here. Depending on the starting distance, she could blitz him if close enough and if not, no problem, I don't see Langris dealing with her heavy moves, like Calidus Brachium Barrage. Langris even tagging her would be an issue, as Jack and Yami were able to avoid Ratri's attacks. So yeah, Sisgoleon.

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Pretty sure the Lioness chews Langris out before he even gets to boast about his Magic.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
This is an easy one, the Lioness wins this.
He would be overwhelmed by her speed and maneuverability, or just crushed by her mana zone.
Maybe elf Langris would put up a better fight since his high magic power and defenses would be more trickier to deal with.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, she tanks his attacks which she is very capable of doing and blitzes him. He's going to try and assert dominance and that's what's going to give him the quick win.
Not sure how she could tank an attack that would would basically drill right through her. The only means shown to not be affected was other spatial magic and anti-magic.

I disagree. The only time we saw him rush in and get visually unbalance was against Asta, specifically because Asta was a commoner and connected to his brother. Mereoleona is another noble, he wouldn't have the same issue with her.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Not sure how she could tank an attack that would would basically drill right through her. The only means shown to not be affected was other spatial magic and anti-magic.
I don't see what this is supposed to mean. We've seen Mereleona endure and tank worse. Mereleona =/= Finral.

I disagree. The only time we saw him rush in and get visually unbalance was against Asta, specifically because Asta was a commoner and connected to his brother. Mereoleona is another noble, he wouldn't have the same issue with her.
She's a noble but she'll talk down to you until you earn her respect. He's going to try and do some weird stuff then it'll be game over.

Still doesn't dispute the fact that she can blitz him and get near him at any time.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I don't see what this is supposed to mean. We've seen Mereleona endure and tank worse. Mereleona =/= Finral.

She's a noble but she'll talk down to you until you earn her respect. He's going to try and do some weird stuff then it'll be game over.

Still doesn't dispute the fact that she can blitz him and get near him at any time.
I voted for Mereoleona but I don't think she can tank that.

I don't think anybody can tank it, to be precise. Since it's a power that simply "deletes space" it takes other spatial magic or something like antimagic to stop it. You can have the durability and hardness of Godzilla that it's useless if "your space" is simply deleted; the attack bypasses it. It's pretty much hax.

Mereoleona should win anyway by her versatility, speed and experience since she's fought and dominated guys much stronger than Langris.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I voted for Mereoleona but I don't think she can tank that.

I don't think anybody can tank it, to be precise. Since it's a power that simply "deletes space" it takes other spatial magic or something like antimagic to stop it. You can have the durability and hardness of Godzilla that it's useless if "your space" is simply deleted; the attack bypasses it. It's pretty much hax.

Mereoleona should win anyway by her versatility, speed and experience since she's fought and dominated guys much stronger than Langris.
If you want to go that route than I don't see why she blitzes him before he attacks or she just dodges.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
If you want to go that route than I don't see why she blitzes him before he attacks or she just dodges.
Because she's shown greater speed than him.

It's not any route, Langris power is deleting space, it's not an attack with a set strength that can be blocked by brute force, it's the same as a teleportation spell, that simply teleports things (or parts of things) out of existence but that can be dodged because Langris cannot make the portals appear right on his target and must instead launch them in the shape of spheres.

Status
Not open for further replies.