Discussion - Merlin's relationship with meliodas | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Merlin's relationship with meliodas

Ger

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

it seems merlin having childhood crush on meliodas seems to be false at this point.

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
I think it's safe to say that at one point in time Merlin did have some type of crush on Meliodas presumably Meliodas from his Stigmas days. Their friendship & bond is kinda one of where Merlin has long gotten over her crush, idolism & astonishment of Meliodas. She has been in interaction with meliodas for 3000yrs so she knows him & understands him well and his power, his old self, his curse, his purpose, and goal. We know she looks up to Elizabeth like a big sis, so it wouldn't be far fetched for Merlin to have once be into the same dude or kinda dude her big sis role model likes...But Merlin is no fool, she once stripped majority of meliodas darkness from him because he was too dangerous in his grief with the reincarnated Elizaebeth's.

So Yea I think Merlin & Meliodas have the whole your too young for me but it's cute that you like or liked me, so i'll be your protective "big bro" thing going on. But Merlin still physically a child, is mentally 3000yrs old has outgrown that somewhat to standing alongside Meliodas as equals or One's from ancient Britannia capable of Ending the Holy War & freeing Meliodas & Elizabeth from their curse, knowing the whole history and not just pieces of it.

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think it's safe to say that at one point in time Merlin did have some type of crush on Meliodas presumably Meliodas from his Stigmas days. Their friendship & bond is kinda one of where Merlin has long gotten over her crush, idolism & astonishment of Meliodas. She has been in interaction with meliodas for 3000yrs so she knows him & understands him well and his power, his old self, his curse, his purpose, and goal. We know she looks up to Elizabeth like a big sis, so it wouldn't be far fetched for Merlin to have once be into the same dude or kinda dude her big sis role model likes...But Merlin is no fool, she once stripped majority of meliodas darkness from him because he was too dangerous in his grief with the reincarnated Elizaebeth's.

So Yea I think Merlin & Meliodas have the whole your too young for me but it's cute that you like or liked me, so i'll be your protective "big bro" thing going on. But Merlin still physically a child, is mentally 3000yrs old has outgrown that somewhat to standing alongside Meliodas as equals or One's from ancient Britannia capable of Ending the Holy War & freeing Meliodas & Elizabeth from their curse, knowing the whole history and not just pieces of it.
Even then she still has a romantic love intent towards meliodas. She even suggests diane to shut up when meliodas talked about his suffering. She cares about meliodas and the fact she felt sad about not her able to do anything agaisnt the curse so yeah.

LYEL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It's not strange to see a kid fall in love with a Guy she admires, i think this was Merlin's case where she confessed her love for him and was rejected, but Meliodas probably did this in a kind way to not hurt her friend explaining his love for Elizabeth, this is no doubt the most embarassing moment in her life mentioned in the character book.
I can't see a reason for her to keep this love for him, from the picture showed in the chapter she cried, i imagine Merlin see Meliodas and Elizabeth as the true family she never had in the past and probably the reason she couldn't pick a side during the war making the DK and SD destroy Belialuin.
The vow she made to save Elizabeth and Meliodas has a deeper meaning for her more than the other Sins. I really want to see her Gaiden to learn more about her past and interactions with Meliodas and Beth. Nakaba never learned how to work with her, ships aside, she is the only one with nothing concrete and the most interesting thx to that imo. If worked in the right direction, Merlin had potential to be one of the most fave characters in the Fandom.

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It's not strange to see a kid fall in love with a Guy she admires, i think this was Merlin's case where she confessed her love for him and was rejected, but Meliodas probably did this in a kind way to not hurt her friend explaining his love for Elizabeth, this is no doubt the most embarassing moment in her life mentioned in the character book.
I can't see a reason for her to keep this love for him, from the picture showed in the chapter she cried, i imagine Merlin see Meliodas and Elizabeth as the true family she never had in the past and probably the reason she couldn't pick a side during the war making the DK and SD destroy Belialuin.
She never really shown to admire meliodas with something. But this panel suggests that shes jealous on the idea that Elizabeth has been given plenty enough by meliodas that Merlin has not been given which shows the romantic implication of her statement.

It's quite cute but Merlin is 3000 years old so who cares.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Who cares it's a pointless plot point.

Bittersweettea

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Who cares it's a pointless plot point.
It is not pointless and people care considering that it was a defining moment for Merlin and revealed more of her, making her more human and relatable. It also showed more of her relationship with a other character which was Meliodas.

For me, I think that it was just a childhood crush or infatuation that she quickly got over with in the end. She must have known about Mel's never ending love for Eli and that have made it give up on him. I don't think that it was true love at all.

Next time please contribute to the discussion instead of putting in a statement which is ironically pointless itself.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
If we're gonna talk about Meliodas x Merlin, then we should consider Escanor x Elizabeth too :lambirb.

Jk. What I'm curious about is if Nakaba will explore this crush more or not. I would say it's only a childhood crush but Merlin confessed 10 years ago in Liones, so maybe she just kept that love for him for 3000 years, still giving up on him. Even if I don't like almost every female character having a crush on Meliodas at some point, I like this weak side of her. It's good to see Merlin insecure on something, she already showed that with Arthur and Elizabeth, but she always seems confident on winning yet this time it isn't the case.
I don't care for MeliodasxMerlin in a romantic way too much, but it's good to finally see Merlin's internal thoughts. That being said, I feel like that love for Meliodas isn't the most important and complex aspect of her character. In the end, Mel and Eli are like a family for her, and her own goal is to break the curse on them both; jealousy towards Eli has nothing to do with that.

Now, I wonder what Nakaba will do with this one-sided love for her. Maybe Escanor will have a role here?

Last edited:

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
It is not pointless and people care considering that it was a defining moment for Merlin and revealed more of her, making her more human and relatable. It also showed more of her relationship with a other character which was Meliodas.

For me, I think that it was just a childhood crush or infatuation that she quickly got over with in the end. She must have known about Mel's never ending love for Eli and that have made it give up on him. I don't think that it was true love at all.

Next time please contribute to the discussion instead of putting in a statement which is ironically pointless itself.
Of course it's pointless that's why Nakaba hasn't brought it up in the main story. We've already seen a human side to Merlin with her relationship with Arthur.

Bittersweettea

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Of course it's pointless that's why Nakaba hasn't brought it up in the main story. We've already seen a human side to Merlin with her relationship with Arthur.
Okey, I see your point. I understand why you didn't see Merlin being in love with Meliodas important but to some of us it is. We will just have to agree to disagree with this matter. I will respect your opinion then.

akabang

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Have some detail for Merlin x Meliodas :D

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Relationship?

Her love and frustration must have turned into something really twisted.

I bet Merlin was the type of person to spy on Mel and Eli action with her cristal ball.

she is probably a masochist