Question - Messages on Profile | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Messages on Profile

Riker

Artist
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Why can I not make any messages on my profile?

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
I second this suggestion. It'd be a cool idea if possible (albeit with the user's permission of course).

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I third this suggestion too.

In all other forums like MAL you can do this.

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Profile posting is currently disabled since we have social sections where mods and members have their own personal threads but we may (or may not) give a test run to profile posting in the future, depending on how the staff feels about it.

Riker

Artist
Reaction score
Country
India
What is the point of a personal thread when there is already a personal space in the profile? I mean this is the first time I am seeing that a user can't post messages on his profile.

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
What is the point of a personal thread when there is already a personal space in the profile? I mean this is the first time I am seeing that a user can't post messages on his profile.
MangaHelpers has been around for 13 years, we had personal threads before profile pages were a thing. We used to use vBulletin in the past before Xenforo, and when profile posting became more of a default feature, we already had social sections that sort of served the same function (Member Zone, Meet the Moderators). We also had/have worries about policing profile pages on top of regular forum posts if need be. We're not vehemently against adding it, but this isn't the case of us taking something away from the community as we never had it in the first place.

Riker

Artist
Reaction score
Country
India
MangaHelpers has been around for 13 years, we had personal threads before profile pages were a thing. We used to use vBulletin in the past before Xenforo, and when profile posting became more of a default feature, we already had social sections that sort of served the same function (Member Zone, Meet the Moderators). We also had/have worries about policing profile pages on top of regular forum posts if need be. We're not vehemently against adding it, but this isn't the case of us taking something away from the community as we never had it in the first place.
Interesting.