Games - MH's Interviewer Game - Sign Up and Information Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games MH's Interviewer Game - Sign Up and Information Thread

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Dear fellow MH'ers,

I kindly welcome you all to MH’s Interviewer Game.

In this game, your knowledge of your fellow MH members will be tested in several trials. The winner will receive infinite fame and wealth, and also get a once-in-a-lifetime-chance of asking three questions to a person of his/her choice, which that person will have to answer. Before we begin, allow me to explain you the basic concept of this game.

In this game there will be three main parties. The host, the celebrity and the players. Read the full explanation of their respective roles in the roles section. To sum it all up, the celebrity will be asked a number of questions. Then, the same questions will be asked to the players, however without being told the celebrity’s answer. The whole point of this game is to determine how good the players know the celebrity, and whether they will guess the celebrity’s answer correctly.

Without any further ado, allow me to declare the first ever round of MH’s Interviewer Game STARTED!!!

The host
The host in the one who organizes the gameplay and interviews the celebrity. The host is also responsible for filtering out the contents of the interview with the celebrity and choose which questions fit best for the game. The host does not participate in the actual game. He only organizes the smooth organization.

The celebrity
As the name suggests, the celebrity is the star of the game. Before the actual game begins the celebrity is asked a number different questions, which he/she answers. The celebrity does not participate in the actual game. That’s actually it, for the celebrity’s job. It’s like in RL. Do nothing, while everyone around you discusses you.

The players
The biggest party of this game. A standard game features 7 players, however this number can be increased if necessary. The players have the biggest task in this game. It’s their task to analyze the celebrity and figure out the answers to the respective questions. A detailed rundown of rules for the player’s behavior is written in the rules section.

At the beginning of each game a host and a celebrity are chosen. Once those two roles are filled, players start to gather. The game starts once there are a minimum of 7 players.

There will be 3 rounds. A total of 21 questions, divided between player questions, which will be decided by the players, and host questions, which are decided by the host him/herself. Once the celebrity has been chosen and the players have gathered, the players will send their respective questions to the host. Then, the host will take these questions and together with his/her own one’s the host will “interview” the celebrity. Once the celebrity answers all of those questions, the first round starts.

Every round is 48 hours long. All the answers to the questions are sent privately via PM to the host. When a player has sent his/her answer to the host, the player makes a respective post in the game thread. The questions will be numbered Q1 to Q7. A player is not forced to send all of his answers at the same time. It can be done in portions, as long as the player still answers all of the questions before the limit of 48 hours passes.

For example, if a player has decided on his/her answer to Q1, Q2 and Q5 the player will make a post saying “Answered: Q1, Q2, Q5. Not Answered: Q3, Q4, Q6, Q7”. If the player has answered all the questions at once, he/she will make a post saying: “Answered: ALL

A player gets one point for each correct answer. Likewise, if a player gave a wrong answer, the player will lose one point. If a player has more wrong then right answers, he/she will go into minus. A player has the right to withdraw his/her answer a total of three times during the whole game. If the player does that, he/she will skip this question and not awarded a point for it. A player cannot withdraw his/her answer more than twice. However the player can choose whether he/she wants to use both withdrawals in one round or spread them throughout the three rounds.

There is also something similar to the withdrawals. The Joker. The Joker gives a player the ability to choose one question which he/she will simply skip but still get awarded a point for it. The prize for using the joker is losing the chance to withhold his/her answers anymore. So now you can choose between getting a guaranteed point and the chance to theoretically save three points from giving wrong answers. It’s obvious, but I still have to say it. You cannot activate your Joker if you have used your chance to withhold an answer at least once.

After every round, a tournament table will be shown, showing the position of the players and the current progress of the game. During all three rounds the players are allowed to discuss the questions in the game thread, and express their thoughts on what they think about what the correct answer is.
With that all being said, there’s still left a certain something. The prize. The main purpose of this game is literally “taking part in it” and not winning it. All the winner receives is the glory of knowing the celebrity the best and the chance to choose the next celebrity.

1st round.
The celebrity was asked questions which he/she answered with either “True” or “False”. Then, the same questions are asked to the players. The players have to figure out which option the celebrity chose. “True” or “False”.

2nd round.
The celebrity has been asked questions with 4 predefined answer options. Then the same questions are asked to the player and the respective options are shown. The player have to figure out which option the celebrity chose.

3rd round.
The celebrity was asked questions which he/she answered in a free manner. Then the same questions are asked to the players with 4 possible answers. The players have to figure out which option is the true answer of the celebrity and which are the other three fake one’s made up by the host.

Host: Alphabeta

Celebrity: Naomidee

Players: (The Winner's highlighted in green)
Kdowns
Scav
Evil3ye
xi0
Adorien
naruto-niichan
Ustegius
Zeltrax
Xadyu

Host: Naomidee

Celebrity: Kdowns

Players: (The Winner's highlighted in green)
Adorien
BakaHaze
BBB Banana
Naruto-niichan
shinsengumi
Teubier
Ustegius
Xadyu
xi0

Having said all that, there’s still a few things I have to say. For starters, since this is the first game and I’ve never tried it out before, I’ll be the host for this game. Next, as to avoid heated discussions filled with haters, who gonna hate, and all that jazz, I took the liberty on myself, and chose the celebrity for the first game (With first asking for the permission, obviously). The celebrity of MH’s first ever Interviewer Game will be none other than the...

all-loved, hardworking, sometimes-drunk, female general category moderator Naomidee. A round of applause for her.

The other thing that I want to say a few words about would be the amount of players. Right now this game is adjusted for a clean amount of 7 players. But I already predicted the possibility of more people wanting to join this game. So I made up a plan on how to adjust it, without losing its original concept. I’ll tell you of it, if a situation like this will occur in the first place.

If you want to sign up as a player for the game, just make a post in this thread and I’ll mark it down. We’ll start once we have a minimum of 7 players. If you have any questions regarding this game, feel free to post them in this thread or contact me via PM. There you have it. Have fun and keep it clean.

Alpha

Last edited:

kdowns

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Re: MH's Interviewer Game

Shizzz. I know I am going to lose.

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

im in

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

tl;dr but I'll give it a shot too.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

Current players (3):

Kdowns
Scav
Evil3ye

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

This seems way too complicated, but I'll be a good sport and try it for da lulz.

Adorien

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria

I want to try too. Sounds fun. :amuse

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

Current players (5):

Kdowns
Scav
Evil3ye
xi0
Adorien

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

You'll get the rules, once you start playing. :hip

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire

I might as well give it a shot. Not the type of game I usually like, but gotta try it :nod

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

Current players (7):

Kdowns
Scav
Evil3ye
xi0
Adorien
naruto-niichan
Ustegius

I knew choosing Naomi was the right choice.

Since there are enough members now, I'm declaring a 24 hours corridor before I start the game. In this 24 hours other members are still able to sign up. Once they end, I'll start the game.

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

WAIT! I'M IN!
tl;dr tho..
but I'm still in!

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands

Bitch, I'm a star! Ask me some questions already! :hip

Or not, I'm in either way.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

So the star is a randomnly chosen player, or who be that?

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

So the star is a randomnly chosen player, or who be that?
Well if you read the first post (I know, I know) you'd know alpha chose Naomi for the first one randomly I guess. Not sure how the choice would be for any further rounds or not.

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall

nah, alpha choose Naomi cuz ** ***** **** *** ********** **** ** ***** *** :hurr

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
:lmao

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Oh dammit. I thought he chosen her to host. I know absolutely nothing about her, I'm soooo gooonnnnaaaa looooose...