Josei - Midnight Secretary by Ohmi Tomu | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Josei Midnight Secretary by Ohmi Tomu

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Do you like smutty Shoujo?
Do you like Vampires Bishies?
You will LOVE Midnight Secretary!!! :wtf

Aerandria Scans & Celestial Scans said:
Kaya thought she had found the perfect job when she became the private secretary of Kyouhei Touma - the director of a tableware company of the same name. Kyouhei is a capable director, but his arrogance and sluttish behavior are almost legendary. Kaya is doing her best to prove that she is capable in her work, but one night, by accident, she discovers his secret… of him being a vampire!
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=7090
http://aerandria.net/projects/current/midnight-secretary/

This manga has everything a fangirl wishes for. You shouldn't miss is it out.

Now, let's start drooling over Touma in this thread :luv

ghassassin

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I started it, once. Needless to say, I couldn't get past 3 chapters. The story was totally uninteresting and childish. However, the art was not bad.

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
That's because it's a certain genre of Shoujo which focuses on showing hot scenes rather then on plot :p

I'm surprised that a guy is checking such series out. Personally I would compare them to those inexpensive romance&passion novels which are only read by housewives :XD

finalnight

Reaction score
Country
United States
Read this on onemanga and I have to agree with the dudes there: This series is an oddly addicting guilty pleasure...and the chick is cute

...goes to read more Hellsing to atone.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
kehehe ch 12 is out.

This is really one of the interesting smutty shoujo!

I agree enini, it's one of my fantasies, kyaaaa! bite me. :oh

Aquaria

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
well, well and i thoght there wasn't any topic with midnight secretary and kyouhei *love* haha this manga is more for smut-romance-supernatural lovers than actin-horror-supernatural lovers. well exept me. i'm both, lucky me. midnight secretary is a great manga with great story as well art

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
O-M-Gee. I just read the latest chapter. It was the best chapter yet! I felt that the art started to improve. But more importantly, the panels had such impact! Ohmi Tomu nailed it this time.

I liked how it was clearly shown how they pained not to see each other for so long. I liked the contrast when they also tried to hide their longing for each other. Like when Kaya started calling the director selfish and other names, but ended up holding the phone tight. haha. That was brilliant. And when she saw the director after all this time and she tried to compose herself but she couldn't look at him without crying. That was drawn so well.

What keeps it interesting is how the story will turn out. One of the exciting parts of the story is how their relationship is kept in secret. As the chapters developed, another scheme surfaced, which was that they were kept apart and so had only stolen moments in the night. And these made the story so juicy. When the director "asks" (more like, demands) that Kaya move in with him... what does Ohmi Tomu have up her sleeve? For sure she has to keep the mystery and thrill of secrecy. But by moving in together, that could substantially affect that hooking point.

So what do you guys think?

laila~

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Just read the chapter 19.
I can't wait!!!
Who knows where I can find the raws?
Sometimes Kyouhei needs a slap! A hard one!!!!

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
But I'm actually forgiving of Kyouhei right now. :p It's because I'm interested to see the development with this new vampire, and the three other stock holders (or managers? wut?) that are interested in Kaya.

Seems like we're still in for a long ride, ne?

Dear Laila, welcome to MH, btw! :confetti

and I can't answer your question about the raws. I thought this manga was quite new so that the scans were pretty much close to the raws?

laila~

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
thank you, baboysai!
But the latest chappie that we just read..ch20 maybe a start of tragedy.
I mean there might be sad teary scene where the vampiress already make an apperance.
Huh~ And she dare say to Kaya, that if Kaya ever has a baby with Kyouhei, she and Kyouhei will take care of it.
WTF?! What does she think she is...?! :mad

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
well, she thinks like any other vampire. They're a haughty race. -_-; Except for Kyouhei's mom. Now that I think about it, I like Kyouhei's mom. She believes that love conquers all. :noworry

And considering that this is josei (is it?), or well, more mature, I am hoping Kaya will think about deserving more. Because in reality, when thrust into a relationship like this, you can't keep being satisfied to be called "a good secretary, but still, just a secretary". She'll have to demand later that she is more than just a secretary. Right?

laila~

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Ah. After reading the ch.21...yep, baboysai. She starts demanding. Even though she doesn't say it out loud...but it's all there in her heads.
I guess being female is like that. It's not selfish coz after all, Kyouhei already has her body (and her blood to boot!).
But I like last part of ch.21... Kyouhei also blurted his demand well... And I'm quite afraid if he starts to walk away a.k.a distance himself from Kaya after that. Maybe he will think that his pride has suffered a major embarrassment. (T^T)

ch.22 - Kaya...way to go!
But why I have a feeling that the situation will get worse...?!

Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
enini, i was thinking, after reading the last chapter, was that the last chapter? :o

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
:sweatdrop

yeah okay. :p I just thought there was no element of cliffie or anything for chapter 22, and I was wondering if that was really the end.

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hm, maybe just a hanger. I still haven't read it, any smut is strictly forbidden till after my finals :scry

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
ZOMG i just read the latest chapter (23) and I ultimately love this josei!!

like, every woman can relate, how kaya can be so distracted and "selfish" and stuff... :wtf That was great.

goal

Reaction score
Country
Norway
I absolutely love this manga. It was very sexy. The script is getting better and hotter. Whenever Kaya & Kyouhei are interacting it is so exciting and sexy. I am a big fan of this manga and have read it five times atleast..upto chapter 23.

I loved the humour and jealousy introduced through tamasu. But most of all this is a sexy, arousing manga read:)

The last chapter is a breakthrough in itself. I hope the manga continues for a while and continues to focus on kaya and kyohei growing and evolving through different situations, yet their love becoming clearer and stronger and bolder (sexy!!).

Since I havnt read many Josie manga, I have a question. I am just wondering is Josei manga usually have happy endings??
Because I just know that I really want to see them together, finding inner peace within each other and their love and being together. Thank You Ohmi for writing such a wonderfully romantic and sexy manga. And i hope you please give it a happy ending.

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hm, no. You can't generalize whether Josei tends to have happy or sad endings. I've seen both.

(Serious) Josei is more mature than Shoujo and therefor you could expect more mature/realistic endings but still - it's a media for women and those like romantic stuff. Therefor I would say that happy endings are more dominant compared to (stereotypical) Seinen manga where the guys prefer to kill most characters towards the end. But e.g. Vampire Girl is a Josei manga with a very debatable end >.>

However, Midnight Secretary runs in Petit Comic which is well-known for it's carefree erotic comedy series (and they tend to end happily <3). If you haven't read many Josei so far but like MS, you may want to check out the manga by Yoshihara Yuki which is also a longtime mangaka publishing in Petit Comics. She writes very funny erotic series similar to MS and the complete scanlated ones I've read so far have all a satisfying end. I recommend to start with Itadakimasu (4 vols) or Haa Haa (3 vols), both complete scanlated :amuse