Games - Minority Rule - Sign-up Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Minority Rule - Sign-up Thread

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
👻 Let's play a game 👻

It's been awhile since the last minority game - and since it's spooky season, let's try to escape those amazingly scary punishments!
I'll be your orange host this time!

🧡Sign-ups close on 19/10 🧡

THE COUNTDOWN
- scav
- Copy Panda
- Juviii
- Sky
- Evil3ye
- Grysun
- Lady Pompom
- Lakhan220
- Linali
- Baka Taichou

"👻 Do you believe in ghosts? 👻 "

Last edited:

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
A game for fans of Liar Game and other manga helpers who would like to play it too.

I’m a huge fan of the Liar Game manga and J-drama. I love them!! One of my favorite things about Liar Game are the games that people have to play in the story. One of these games is a game called “Minority Rule”, a very interesting, exciting, and intelligent game, and if you are playing it without money or with Monopoly money, I would even say a fun game. I enjoyed reading/watching the way this game unfolded in the series so much; that a thought popped into my head “why don’t we play it here on Manga Helpers?"

Minority Rule

“Since young, we were always faced with the majority rules games. Be it a simple decision such as "where should we eat?" to more complex decisions such as "who should rule the country?" The majority decision will always win. Now, what about a game of minority rules?”

Here are the rules of the game:

1)Anybody can play, but you have to write a post indicating that you want to take part in the game.

2)Once there are enough people to play the game, the game will start.

3)All of the players will be faced with the same Yes or No question. One of the players will be the one making the question. It can be any kind of question, as long as it can be answered with a Yes or a No. You don’t have to answer the question in a truthful manner.

4)You can only vote Yes or No.

5) You can only vote once and once you have voted you can not change your vote.

6)Those people whose choices fall under the minority sides shall win and continue the next round. For example, 10 choose [Yes], 12 choose [No]. The 10 that choose [Yes] will remain in the game.

7)The results of the voting won’t be known until the voting time has expired and everybody has voted. Your choice won’t be known to others until the result time.

8 )Once the game starts, you will have 48 hrs to answer the question . If the player does not answer the question within 48hrs, the player will be disqualified. However, if all the players answer the question before the 48 hours are up, the secretariat will write a post in this thread informing the players about this and the poll/round will be closed/over.

9 )You can vote at any time during the voting time, but you do have to indicate once you have voted by writing “My vote is in”. Lying in response to this rule is not allowed.

10)Another Yes or No question will be given again, and the minority sides will continue to stay in the game.

11)It will be repeated until there is only 1 person left and that person will be the winner of the Minority Rule game.

More rules:

One of the players will be designated as the Liar Game secretariat. The Liar Game secretariat will be in charge of tallying the votes. The Liar Game secretariat will make sure that the rules are followed and that there is no foul play going on, as well as enforcing penalties for violation of rules or foul play. As punishment for breaking the rules or foul play; the player will be face automatic disqualification and possible bans from participating in future games.

-The winner of the game gets to choose the losers’ sets (avatars and signatures if mentioned). The losers will wear the sets for as long as the host dictates (typically no longer than a week). No malicious or obscene avatars are allowed and what qualifies as such is up to the staff's discretion. This game is meant to be fun for all, including winners and losers. Losers don't have to be happy about what punishment they receive, but punishment shouldn't cause more than moderate embarrassment and must adhere to our existing community standards.

-Once a player is out of the game, the player cannot have any contact with players that are still in the game; but only in regards to the game.

-Players are allowed to sign contracts among themselves. Only contracts pm to the Liar Game secretariat will be honored! The secretariat will not interfere in the way contracts are made; the secretariat only will make sure that the contracts are honored.

Note: These are the rules, but if you feel that something should be changed, added, or omitted please feel free to say it. The rules are not set in stone yet.:) In addition, if you have any questions about the game feel free to ask them.

List of winners

Here are the names of the players who have won previously played Minority Rule games.

First game:
kkck-sama

Second game: Raysen_ht-sama

Third game: BBB Banana-sama

Fourth game: ~Buggy*Fly~sama and Destiny-sama

Fifth game: Destiny-sama

Sixth game: ~Buggy*Fly~sama and Farfalla-sama

Seventh game: I'm_Akiyama-sama and Asusp3v4x-sama

Eighth Game: BBB Banana-sama

1.kira-sama
2.Mononoke-sama

Akiyama

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Minority Rule

I want to play, I love this game in Liar Game and i can't believe you started a thread for this game, I hope we can get 20 people, maybe we will have to settle with 10 for the first time, I will advertise this game in my sig.

MidoBan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

I love Liar Game.
I wanna play!

predsfan

Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm in (mainly because I like the betting of ones sig aspect ;)).

I do have one question though:

7)The results of the voting won’t be known until the voting time has expired and everybody has voted. Your choice won’t be known to others until the result time.
How will the voting be kept secret? Will there be a new poll for each question?

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand

As destiny4ever mentioned above there will be a Liar Game secretariat who is in charge of counting the votes and enforcing the rules of the game.

One of the players will be designated as the Liar Game secretariat. The Liar Game secretariat will be in charge of tallying the votes. The Liar Game secretariat will make sure that the rules are followed and that there is no foul play going on, as well as enforcing penalties for violation of rules or foul play.
I'm guessing votes would be PM'ed to the secretariat. The reason we can't do a poll is because most users here don't have the moderator powers to hide results, edit polls etc. And I guess I'm in, sounds like a pretty interesting game ^^

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

I want to play, I love this game in Liar Game and i can't believe you started a thread for this game, I hope we can get 20 people, maybe we will have to settle with 10 for the first time, I will advertise this game in my sig.
I’m glad to see you want to play, Aki.:D And thank you for advertising about the game in your sig.:)

I wanna play, too^^ I can also let more people know about this game!
Great!:D And thank you for helping spreading the word about the game!:)

I love Liar Game.
I wanna play!
Yay!:D

I'm in (mainly because I like the betting of ones sig aspect ;)).
Actually, what is bet is one’s avatar, not sig. And I'm glad you're in too.:)

I do have one question though:
As destiny4ever mentioned above there will be a Liar Game secretariat who is in charge of counting the votes and enforcing the rules of the game.

I'm guessing votes would be PM'ed to the secretariat. The reason we can't do a poll is because most users here don't have the moderator powers to hide results, edit polls etc.
I was planning to do an actual poll, since I thought members had the power to hide and modify polls, but since members don’t have those powers, then yes, as Gecko Moria said the votes will be sent to the LG secretariat and that’s how they will be kept a secret.

And I guess I'm in, sounds like a pretty interesting game ^^
Glad you’re in on the game, too!:D

rafazildo

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

People that end up in the majority side still can vote?

Akiyama

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

People that end up in the majority side still can vote?
Once you answered the question and the results were 15 yes and 5 No, then the five people that voted No will advance to the next round, while the other fifteen will be eliminated. They can not vote anymore and the remaining 5 will have a new question.

LG secretariat as a third party is a great idea, much easier than a poll. PMs can be proof of your vote if there is a problem of Yes or No votes.

Read chapters 8 - 16 of Liar Game if this still doesn't make any since. You might find ways to win. :ninja

rafazildo

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Once you answered the question and the results were 15 yes and 5 No, then the five people that voted No will advance to the next round, while the other fifteen will be eliminated. They can not vote anymore and the remaining 5 will have a new question.

LG secretariat as a third party is a great idea, much easier than a poll. PMs can be proof of your vote if there is a problem of Yes or No votes.

Read chapters 8 - 16 of Liar Game if this still doesn't make any since. You might find ways to win. :ninja
Then what happens when there are just 2 people left?

there are 2 outcomes: a draw OR a consesus...

correct me if i'm wrong...

oh, i just read a few pages and found that the game ends when there are 2 or less people playing.

each one gets half the prize.

Last edited:

bakagemi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Sounds interesting. I'll play, too.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

Yay!
More people joined the game! Should we wait for more people to join before starting the game? or should we start with the players we have so far?

bakagemi

Reaction score
Country
United States

I think we should wait a bit longer, but if you want to start the game, then who's to stop you?:thumbs

Siberia

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

Im interested in the game , can I join? the rules look complicated (coz I don't really read Liar game T.T)

btw, I will just give it a try =.=

Dive

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Sounds fun. ;)

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

I think we should wait a bit longer, but if you want to start the game, then who's to stop you?:thumbs
Yes, let’s wait a bit longer. Moreover, the more the merrier. :D

Im interested in the game , can I join? the rules look complicated (coz I don't really read Liar game T.T)

btw, I will just give it a try =.=
Sure you can join, welcome to the game!
And even if it is just to plan a strategy, I really recommend you reading Liar Game. The manga is absolutely brilliant.

Sounds fun. ;)
Yay! Another player!!!

Dive

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

After reading the segment in the manga, I'm really looking forward to this. Are we starting soon? Or gonna wait for a few more people?

bakagemi

Reaction score
Country
United States

I think we can start playing now, destiny. We have enough people to play.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

When are we actually going to start playing this game??? :blink

Well, I'm in! :D

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

I want in! Not sure how the voting is done though, is it through a poll?