Discussion - Mirajane Strauss thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Mirajane Strauss thread

Does Mira have a new takeover form in 100YQ arc? And what would it be?

• Total voters

Baston.

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Mashima confirmed if Mira and Erza fought back in FF Arc (all out fight) Mira would have won.

Mashima simple forgot about Mira.
Can you give the source for this? Because I haven't seen any confirmations from Mashima here.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Alright honestly people need to stop saying Mira gets horrible fights, ffs people look at the people she's fought so far
Vs Freed=Good
Vs Azuma= She wasn't at full power because she had just got her abilities an arc behind, why is everyone saying that this was a bad fight?
Vs Jenny= Good, Sitri was amazing
Vs Sayla= She beat Sayla by using her Macro against her, no FT mage except Laxus defeated a Demon Gate one on one ( yes even Gajeel was helped by Levi in his fight)
Not entirely sure this is off topic but Ive seen a few comments about Mira that bothered me so I wanted to set things straight

Ebony Maw

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
Alright honestly people need to stop saying Mira gets horrible fights, ffs people look at the people she's fought so far
Vs Freed=Good
Vs Azuma= She wasn't at full power because she had just got her abilities an arc behind, why is everyone saying that this was a bad fight?
Vs Sayla= She beat Sayla by using her Macro against her, no FT mage except Laxus defeated a Demon Gate one on one ( yes even Gajeel was helped by Levi in his fight)
Not entirely sure this is off topic but Ive seen a few comments about Mira that bothered me so I wanted to set things straight
My problem is the portrayal of them, Freed's was great but the rest were:
Vs Azuma: Kind of a waste, he said he wanted a good fight but then hindered Mira so... meh.
Vs Jenny: Would have been good had Mira just had a short but cool battle, instead 99% of it was fan service.
Vs Sayla: She got damaged by books and had to use Elfman to beat Sayla. I liked this because she was smart but I can see why others wouldn't.

This is just my opinion though.

Laxus

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Vs Freed=Good
What? You are completly wrong.

Mira vs Freed = Amazing

Mira vs Azuma = She was used to hype Azuma. She didnt had the oppourtunity to fight Azuma and got nerfed becasue of Lisanna. Plus: "She wasn't at full power because she had just got her abilities an arc behind" is a total assumption of yours.

Mira vs Sayla = Mira was being pushed back by BOOOOKS!!! Then she goes Satan Soul and gets low dif by Sayla. Mira only stole her Macro to call Elfman so she didnt defeated her.

Mira vs Jenny = Total fanservice. Jenny is a fodder.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
erza ranked third in popularity ranking

Mirajane not appear in the top

then how Mira is more loved?
Mira was placed at the top 10 last time I check. Pretty good if we take in count how Hiro treats her.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
What? You are completly wrong.

Mira vs Freed = Amazing

Mira vs Azuma = She was used to hype Azuma. She didnt had the oppourtunity to fight Azuma and got nerfed becasue of Lisanna. Plus: "She wasn't at full power because she had just got her abilities an arc behind" is a total assumption of yours.

Mira vs Sayla = Mira was being pushed back by BOOOOKS!!! Then she goes Satan Soul and gets low dif by Sayla. Mira only stole her Macro to call Elfman so she didnt defeated her.

Mira vs Jenny = Total fanservice. Jenny is a fodder.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Mira was placed at the top 10 last time I check. Pretty good if we take in count how Hiro treats her.
The fanservice part in the Jenny fight was **ANIME ONLY**
What do you mean hype Azuma? He had already fought Wendy, PantherLily and Mest before, there was no need to hype him, he isn't even the strongest of the Seven Kin of Purgatory, that role is Ultear's
Yes, she was pushed back by books against Sayla, people seem to forget that physical damage is a thing in this series. Gray used the rubble around him as firepower against Silver and I don't see anyone giving him flak for it, Natsu used boulders to crush Franmalth...books are obstacles and they can be used to hurt someone..
Plus Erza having a boulder fall on her ankle during the GMG arc, the treasure hunters of the Sun Village arc being a threat despite being non-wizards wielding mechanical weapons, Brandish being punched in the back of the head by Cana, and of course the Vanish Brothers way back at the start of the series, who kept up with Natsu and boasted about defeating a wizard with bone breaking magic simply by hitting him hard enough to break his bones before he could use it.

So while it hasn't shown up much, physical damage is a reoccurring thing in the series.

MirajaneStrauss

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Mirajane is being loved more because Hiro always keeps him despite of her powerful magic, her attitude, and especially her beauty and sexiness. Fanboys or Mira's fans loves Mira more because of the mystery that she can show us.

Laxus

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
The fanservice part in the Jenny fight was **ANIME ONLY**
What do you mean hype Azuma? He had already fought Wendy, PantherLily and Mest before, there was no need to hype him, he isn't even the strongest of the Seven Kin of Purgatory, that role is Ultear's
Yes, she was pushed back by books against Sayla, people seem to forget that physical damage is a thing in this series. Gray used the rubble around him as firepower against Silver and I don't see anyone giving him flak for it, Natsu used boulders to crush Franmalth...books are obstacles and they can be used to hurt someone..
Plus Erza having a boulder fall on her ankle during the GMG arc, the treasure hunters of the Sun Village arc being a threat despite being non-wizards wielding mechanical weapons, Brandish being punched in the back of the head by Cana, and of course the Vanish Brothers way back at the start of the series, who kept up with Natsu and boasted about defeating a wizard with bone breaking magic simply by hitting him hard enough to break his bones before he could use it.

So while it hasn't shown up much, physical damage is a reoccurring thing in the series.

Are you even listining to yourself?

"The fanservice part in the Jenny fight was **ANIME ONLY**" - Okay sorry about that but my point doesnt change. Mira fought a god damn fodder. Thats like saying Jellal vs Vijeetar would be epic or good.

"What do you mean hype Azuma? He had already fought Wendy, PantherLily and Mest before, there was no need to hype him, he isn't even the strongest of the Seven Kin of Purgatory, that role is Ultear's" - So low diff Tenrou Wendy (who was weak af), Lily (a damn exceed) and Mest (usless in combat) give hype to an enemy? What?!
And what does Ultear being the strongest has to do with anything?

Yes, she was pushed back by books against Sayla, people seem to forget that physical damage is a thing in this series. Gray used the rubble around him as firepower against Silver and I don't see anyone giving him flak for it, Natsu used boulders to crush Franmalth...books are obstacles and they can be used to hurt someone.. - Dont even compare books to a SUPER FAST speed steal ball (Silver) or a GIANT boulder who was used to repeatably hit the enemy (Franmalth). Those books were avoidable plus Mira had all the chance to defend herself but both Franmalth and Silver couldnt.

"Brandish being punched in the back of the head by Cana" - That was for a gag moment... So Cana can karate chop every Spriggan? lol.

In the end Mira had 4 "legit" fights in the manga. Three of those fights were boring, disappointing and stupid. Simple as that.

MirajaneStrauss

Reaction score
Country
Japan

"The fanservice part in the Jenny fight was **ANIME ONLY**" - Okay sorry about that but my point doesnt change. Mira fought a god damn fodder. Thats like saying Jellal vs Vijeetar would be epic or good.

"What do you mean hype Azuma? He had already fought Wendy, PantherLily and Mest before, there was no need to hype him, he isn't even the strongest of the Seven Kin of Purgatory, that role is Ultear's" - So low diff Tenrou Wendy (who was weak af), Lily (a damn exceed) and Mest (usless in combat) give hype to an enemy? What?!

Yes, she was pushed back by books against Sayla, people seem to forget that physical damage is a thing in this series. Gray used the rubble around him as firepower against Silver and I don't see anyone giving him flak for it, Natsu used boulders to crush Franmalth...books are obstacles and they can be used to hurt someone.. - Dont even compare book to a SUPER FAST speed steal ball (Silver) or a GIANT boulder who was used to repeatably hit the enemy (Franmalth) to books. Those books were avoidable plus Mira has all the chance to defend herself but both Franmalth and Silver were couldnt.

"Brandish being punched in the back of the head by Cana" - That was for a gag moment... So Cana can karate chop every Spriggan? lol.

In the end Mira had 4 "legit" fights in the manga. Three of those fights were boring, disappointing and stupid. Simple as that.
You forgot her fight with Kamika. It does count as your so called 'legit' fight.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique

Yes, she was pushed back by books against Sayla, people seem to forget that physical damage is a thing in this series. Gray used the rubble around him as firepower against Silver and I don't see anyone giving him flak for it, Natsu used boulders to crush Franmalth...books are obstacles and they can be used to hurt someone.. - Dont even compare books to a SUPER FAST speed steal ball (Silver) or a GIANT boulder who was used to repeatably hit the enemy (Franmalth). Those books were avoidable plus Mira had all the chance to defend herself but both Franmalth and Silver couldnt.

I'm not talking about the steel ball against Silver, you forgot the part before where Gray used Ice Make: Cannon to fire stones at Silver? When he learned his Ice couldn't work on him at all
Why are you acting like the books damaged Mira? They were just obstacles, it didn't matter even if they hit her or not
Cana hit Brandish at the back of the head, the same way Sting did against Bacchus, that blow would pretty much take out anyone if they were caught by surprise..
I don't get what you mean by hyping Azuma, why would he need to be hyped? We already had Yomazu & Kawazu beat Gajeel (one of the stronger mages in the guild), and they weren't even on the level of the Seven Kin, Azuma beat Mira because she was weakened, that was basically it

Static

Reaction score
Country
India

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Tbh I don't think Mirajane vs. Seilah was that bad. In my opinion, it was a pretty good fight. In the beginning, when we saw a view panels where she was hit by books, were awful indeed. But later on, their fight started to be more interesting. I really liked that she used Satan Soul and Sitri Soul in one fight. The way she used Macro on Elfman to defeat Seilah was a pretty smart move. And of course, Etherious Seilah was really epic.

I don't mind Mira for losing against Azuma. Erza would've lost in the same condition.

I'm not going to start about Mirajane vs. Jenny..

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't understand why people are complaining that Mirajane got defeated by books. For your information, anything combined with magic or curse does damage. This is very straight forward. Magic increases the power of objects. Look at Bickslow's Magic. Those "toys" aren't supposed to do any damage but when he puts souls into it (magic), then it becomes increasingly stronger. This argument goes back to how people think Natsu can evaporate God Serena's magic because he evaporated a lake.. For the last time, water and "water powered by magic" have different properties. Here is an example.

Juvia using her Water Magic would cause damage to someone like Lucy right? But we saw Lucy jump into the water at the beach... One does damage. The other doesn't. Because one has magic. And the other doesn't.

Seilah uses Curse Magic when she attacks Mirajane with books. So of course it does damage. If Mirajane was knocked out by Lamy throwing books at her, then I would agree with you guys. As far as I'm concerned it wasn't disappointing at the least that Mirajane was overpowered by books. After all, they weren't regular books. It was a magic/curse which is very reasonable.

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ummm, didn't Gray defeat Silver and oneshot Tempesta?? Technically, Wendy and Lucy also koed their opponents in a one v one fight, but I can understand if you don't count those since they both had powerups at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Ummm, didn't Gray defeat Silver and oneshot Tempesta?? Technically, Wendy and Lucy also koed their opponents in a one v one fight, but I can understand if you don't count those since they both had powerups at the time.
Gray one shotted a Tempesta who had come from fighting Natsu, Laxus one shotted him when they were both fresh, Laxus's feat seems to count more for me

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gray one shotted a Tempesta who had come from fighting Natsu, Laxus one shotted him when they were both fresh, Laxus's feat seems to count more for me
Believe me, I also see Laxus's feat as more impressive than Gray's considering that Gray was using DeS magic. I'm just pointing out that Gray did infact solo a demon gate. Even if you don't count the Tempesta fight because of Tempesta's injuries, Gray still soloed a fresh Silver. But, this is getting a bit off topic now.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't understand why people are complaining that Mirajane got defeated by books. For your information, anything combined with magic or curse does damage. This is very straight forward. Magic increases the power of objects. Look at Bickslow's Magic. Those "toys" aren't supposed to do any damage but when he puts souls into it (magic), then it becomes increasingly stronger. This argument goes back to how people think Natsu can evaporate God Serena's magic because he evaporated a lake.. For the last time, water and "water powered by magic" have different properties. Here is an example.
It isn't the fact that the books were able to damage Mirajane that was the problem it was more of the fact that she couldn't destroy the books. The Bicklow situation is totally different as yes his dolls damaged Lucy and Bicklow but:

1). The dolls can shoot energy beams while Sayla books can't. Sayla books are just books.
2). Leo and Lucy were able to dodge and destroy Bicklow dolls prior to him using his eye magic. While Mirajane didn't show the same feats of dodging or destroying Sayla books.

There is a huge power difference from Bicklow dolls and Sayla's books. There was nothing to indicate that Sayla books were anything but books that she used her Macro to threw at Mirajane. On the other Hand Bicklow dolls had energy attacks that we've seen.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zkfS66tXDxA/VjDLooOFBaI/AAAAAAADaXM/0QNB7it_5O4/s16000/0380-005.png

vs

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UhVX67KT-Sg/VjC9yrAQoiI/AAAAAAADVZM/_c9PfMo8DSc/s16000/0115-005.jpg

Juvia using her Water Magic would cause damage to someone like Lucy right? But we saw Lucy jump into the water at the beach... One does damage. The other doesn't. Because one has magic. And the other doesn't.
Not really either. Only way that Juvia's water would cause serious damage to someone like Lucy is if she was drowned which the same logic would be applied to if she jumped into a lake or water at a beach and didn't come up for air.

Look at their scuffle during the ToH arc: I mean Juvia attacked Lucy multiple times with her water and Lucy still came out with minimal bruises.

Once again it isn't the issue that Mirajane was bruised or took some damage from the books it is that she couldn't overpower them. Lucy was able to overpower Juvia water attack with Aquarius.

Water Jigsaw>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sayla books

The fact that Mirajane couldn't overpower it doesn't bode well for Mirajane strength wise.

Seilah uses Curse Magic when she attacks Mirajane with books. So of course it does damage. If Mirajane was knocked out by Lamy throwing books at her, then I would agree with you guys. As far as I'm concerned it wasn't disappointing at the least that Mirajane was overpowered by books. After all, they weren't regular books. It was a magic/curse which is very reasonable.

She used Curse magic to throw the books not enhance their strength. It would be the same as if Lamy was throwing the books. The books caused no area damage and showed no indication it possessed high attack power. Also the books were regular that Sayla used her Macro to throw. That is like saying someone using telekinesis to throw a book isn't throwing a regular book when by all means they are.

Your comparisons are off because you are comparing Sayla book attacks to attacks that far exceed it in power.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Mashima confirmed if Mira and Erza fought back in FF Arc (all out fight) Mira would have won.

Mashima simple forgot about Mira.
I have asked multiple times for a link of any sort to where Mashima said Mirajane will beat Erza. Still haven't seen it.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
I have asked multiple times for a link of any sort to where Mashima said Mirajane will beat Erza. Still haven't seen it.
I'll let you in on a secret......There's no link and you know why?.......Because Hiro never even said that.

Last edited:

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah... As much as I like Mira over Erza, is there actually a link where Hiro states Mira could beat her in a fight?? I've seen people say that over and over here, but I still haven't seen a link where Hiro himself says that.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah... As much as I like Mira over Erza, is there actually a link where Hiro states Mira could beat her in a fight?? I've seen people say that over and over here, but I still haven't seen a link where Hiro himself says that.
Hiro never said that. You have to watch the fandom because miss information goes around all the time.