Fantasy - Mirajane vs. Minerva | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Mirajane vs. Minerva

Who wins?

• Total voters

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
No restrictions, location is Domus Flau. Give me Minerva high diff, I'm one of the rare people who consider her the S-Class comp to Erza

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'll take Minerva over Mira here as well. I think that with Territory she could throw Mira in a bit of a bind and could finish her off with that, although Mira does have the Alegria takeover which could be useful, but Minerva can just territory and let Mira burn her magic out by using it. So yeah, Minerva high diff imo.

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
By all means, Minerva is one of best fighters and is certainly one of my favorite characters as well. She is quite a formidable opponent and would be near Erza's level, yes.

However, against Alegria Soul or Satan Soul Mirajane, I highly doubt she'd take the win simply because Mira's feats are better.

Minerva hasn't shown too much this arc, except getting exhausted by a Historia Spriggan. Mira, on the other hand, was able to 1v2 Irene's subordinates...

Both the subordinates were highly-enchanted by Irene herself, a type of magic which Acnologia acknowledged and commented on.

The blitz and level of explosion by Mira speaks for itself as well. Therefore, the win goes to Mirajane in this fight, in my opinion. I'll put it at high diff.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Mirajane for me. Not sure on the diff, but I'll say mid-high diff, because I don't give Minerva a chance. Mira's Tartarus takeovers are more impressive at this stage.

It also depends if Mira defeats Jacob. Minerva is Historia-Spriggan level. Mira's current 'fight' is a farce. So if Mira wins, or can actually fight equally with Jacob, then she's definitely better than Minerva.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Mira wins this.
Can't really comment on the difficulty.

Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree with the majority here...
  • Mirajane Strauss > Minerva Orland [Medium-High Difficulty]
Minerva pretty much loses this fight. With Alegria Soul, Mirajane can blitz Minerva almost immediately. That should be enough to put her down. Even if we assume Minerva can dodge Mirajane's attack with her Territory Magic, she still doesn't have the stats to compete. We saw her struggle against Historia Wahl, and it wasn't even confirmed if she actually defeated him herself. Meanwhile, Mirajane stomped Juliet + Hynhe and is currently fighting Jacob in Base Form.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Why should we assume Mira can escape Minerva's territory? No one has gave a definite answer to that. You can make a case for Minerva to mid-diff Mira but I respect Mira too much for that.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Oh... I'll be hated again i guess LOL

I don't think highly of Minerva at all... She's just... not that good :neutral

She was good during GMG, that was the girl trio - Minerva Kagura Erza.
But let's be honest, Erza stomped Minerva while being extremely injured. Whereas Minerva hadn't even fought yet (aside from the little fight 1v1v1).
Minerva's strongest spell Yagdo Rigora wasn't even impressive... It was impressive by the looks, but was tanked super easily by Kagura and Erza.
Imo during GMG she was already below Erza. She was Erza tier, but still inferior to her. I'd say GMG Mira could have beat GMG Minerva.

In the current arc there's no contest at all.

While Mira has got new take overs under her belt with Seilah and Alegria, Minerva hasn't shown any progress whatsoever.
She's now portrayed as the same level as Rogue - Historia Spriggan level.

I'd say mid diff for Mira... And it's not often that i give Mira the win over a powerful opponent since imo Hiro is shitting on her constantly and her feats are mediocre. But it is what it is: Minerva is definitely weaker.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Mira wins, dunno about the diff. Minerva beating an historia spriggan isnt bad, probably leaves her around Sting tier, but i think Mira could do better and might actually pull a win over Jacob. I also think there is a decent chance that Mira can Macro her

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
There's nothing left to say tbh.

By all means, Minerva is one of best fighters and is certainly one of my favorite characters as well. She is quite a formidable opponent and would be near Erza's level, yes.

However, against Alegria Soul or Satan Soul Mirajane, I highly doubt she'd take the win simply because Mira's feats are better.

Minerva hasn't shown too much this arc, except getting exhausted by a Historia Spriggan. Mira, on the other hand, was able to 1v2 Irene's subordinates...

Both the subordinates were highly-enchanted by Irene herself, a type of magic which Acnologia acknowledged and commented on.

The blitz and level of explosion by Mira speaks for itself as well. Therefore, the win goes to Mirajane in this fight, in my opinion. I'll put it at high diff.
Exactly this.

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Mirajane takes this with mid diff.

Minerva was fighting toe to toe with Historia Wall but we don't know if she beat him or not but its still a pretty good feat.

Mirajane on the other hand face floored two enchanted subordinates who were enchanted by Irene herself and we know that her enchantment is pretty OP.

oh and she is fighting Jacob in her base form.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Yeah, its no contest here. Mirajane takes this either medium difficulty or high difficulty.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Minerva takes this low difficulty.

Minerva could simply teleport Mirajane attacks away like she did with Natsu. To top that off she could easily dodge all of Mirajane attacks by simply teleporting away. She could also drasically wound Mirajane with an Attack like this:

There is no way Mirajane is defeating Minerva. Like Mirajane was taken out by an attack like this:

Which pales in comparison to Minerva nuke which was bigger and had greater destructive power.

Not to mention Mirajane can't be in Algeria form for that long. Thus all Minerva have to do is teleport Mirajane around and nuke her. right before she begins to sap her already low magical power away.

Minerva>>>Mirajane.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
@Cosmicstar are yoou implying that severely wounded GMG Erza > full powered Alvarez Mirajane?
Minerva probably improved during timeskip, but you're taking only feats from GMG. Are you really saying that current Mira would lose to GMG Minerva?

Libarian

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
As strange as this is for me I vote Mira mid-dif. Minerva couldn't manage a greatly downgraded whal who she should have had a good advantage with his mid-long range attacks with spacial manipulation and comparing wargods attack to Mira's attacks against the sword sisters is...lacking.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Cosmicstar are yoou implying that severely wounded GMG Erza > full powered Alvarez Mirajane?
Minerva probably improved during timeskip, but you're taking only feats from GMG. Are you really saying that current Mira would lose to GMG Minerva?
That doesn't change the fact Minerva have way better feats than Mirajane. Mirajane has no counter to Minerva Teleportation power. It is also a well known fact she can't go into her takeover form for a long period of time with out draining her power. It is also a well known fact Minerva have a spell that can sap away at a mages Magic. Not to mention it is a fact she can teleport attacks away. It is also a fact that she can create a nuke around a person and blast them. These all have actual panels showing this.

We aren't talking about Erza. We are talking about Mirajane vs Minerva. The is no way Mirajane can land a hit on Minerva unless you can explain to me why she can?

Everyone who says Mirajane win only argument is that Mirajane has Algeria. They don't even bother to explain why it would make in difference in this battle. Mind you that form would be 100% useless against Minerva. Also people bring up that she defeated Hyien and Juilet and that Minerva struggled against Whal Historia but

Whal Historia>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hyien/Juliet by feats and Hype. So I don't get how Mirajane defeating Hyien and Juliet mean she can defeat Minerva. Mind you a wounded Minerva is still holding her own against enchanted Irene Soldiers.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
That doesn't change the fact Minerva have way better feats than Mirajane. Mirajane has no counter to Minerva Teleportation power. It is also a well known fact she can't go into her takeover form for a long period of time with out draining her power. It is also a well known fact Minerva have a spell that can sap away at a mages Magic. Not to mention it is a fact she can teleport attacks away. It is also a fact that she can create a nuke around a person and blast them. These all have actual panels showing this.

We aren't talking about Erza. We are talking about Mirajane vs Minerva. The is no way Mirajane can land a hit on Minerva unless you can explain to me why she can?

Everyone who says Mirajane win only argument is that Mirajane has Algeria. They don't even bother to explain why it would make in difference in this battle. Mind you that form would be 100% useless against Minerva. Also people bring up that she defeated Hyien and Juilet and that Minerva struggled against Whal Historia but

Whal Historia>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hyien/Juliet by feats and Hype. So I don't get how Mirajane defeating Hyien and Juliet mean she can defeat Minerva. Mind you a wounded Minerva is still holding her own against enchanted Irene Soldiers.
To be honest, Minerva having better feats... That's absolutely not correct.

"Mirajane has no counter to Minerva Teleportation power"... That's probably right. Neither does Laxus, Gildartz or Natsu. Are we to say GMG Minerva would beat the current 3?

Minerva Teleportation magic was useful in battle against Kagura and Erza by switching places. In a 1v1 scenario that would be less useful. Also, it didn't help Minerva much in her last battle against Erza in GMG (when she was one shot by Erza).

"Mirajane doesn't last long in TakeOvers", especially her most powerful ones (such as Alegria). That's correct. But that's still more than enough time to one shot Minerva, as she was one shot by Erza during GMG. She probably improved but again, so did Mirajane. I don't even think we should go by GMG showings, but that's all Minerva got, and that's what you were arguing about.

"Minerva can sap away at a mage's magic"? Sure but, i mean... She did that against Milianna... We'll agree that Milianna is not that powerful. That's not surprising that Minerva managed to control her with her magic. Sapping the magic power away is a cool feature, but against Milianna that's kinda not even a feat. Had she done that against Kagura or Erza i would agree with you, but in my eyes there's no way current Mirajane is getting the same treatment as Milianna.

"She can teleport attacks away", provided that she's fast enough to react to them. Remember what happened to that guy from Lamia Scale (who can shield against magical attacks)? In theory he is the ultimate mage counter, but we know that in reality he's fodder. I'm not saying Minerva is on the same caliber, but as op as her magic can be, in a real battle she's not gonna evade every possible attacks. Especially not Mirajane's. And especially not considering she wasn't able to defeat Erza in either of their encounter, and didn't show to have improved tremendously during the time skip compared to her or Mirajane.

"Minerva can create a nuke around a person and blast them". You mentionned how she would be able to severely damage Mirajane with Yagdo Rigora. Well, it didn't even harm Erza and Kagura at all during GMG. Show me a panel of Minerva badly damaging someone (other than Lucy or Milianna, someone who's supposed to be on her caliber), and i'll agree. But aside from the backstab on Kagura, she hasn't done major damage to any worthy opponent. Yagdo Rigora was awesome looking but pitiful in terms of actual damage done.

In any case, i agree that Alegria isn't as OP as people describe since Mirajane can't use it for a more than 30 seconds (provided she's already a bit exhausted). I believe she would still one shot Minerva with it (or close to it), and i do believe she wouldn't even need to resort to that to defeat her.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Minerva isnt that hard to hit, Erza nails her 3 times in a row easily.
Evading through teleportation is only useful if you can react to attacks.

Tbh Mira doesnt even need Alegra, normal Satan Sould should probably do the job. But if Mira uses it, it will prob be a oneshot.

Marche

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Mira easily, even without using Allegria.
Minerva is garbage.
Sincerely I was really surprised that someone thought that Minerva could defeat one of the 12 alone after all the time that she was humiliated by Erza.

Biri Biri

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Voted for a tie.

It seems like Mira has the edge in terms of firepower and variety of offensive spells. However, Minerva's expertise and cunning but effective use of her magic, would be very tough for Mira to beat her. I can see their stamina and endurance being a crucial factor to determine the victor in this match up. And Mira's track record doesn't show she is superior to Minerva in those departments. She can be, but she has simply been too inconsistent.

Let's take a look at Minerva. First up, she was defeated by Erza in the GMG after the latter unlocked the Second Origin of her magical reserves. Then, she busted out arguably the most hyped up armour in her arsenal till date.

Nakagami has never been donned by anyone in over ten years, capable of performing miraculous feats like bending laws of magic and slicing through anything. Some hyperbolic stuff here. Either that or the author was tripping when writing the book Levy was reading lol. Regardless, it took some seriously overpowered stuff here for Minerva to be defeated.

Fast forward to Tartaros, and Neo-Minerva was never actually defeated by Erza.

She lost her resolve, and turned out she has a death wish to begin with. How is such a fight won by anyone?

Her durability speaks volume when slashing attacks from an enraged Erza were incapable of seriously hurting her. Here Minerva looks more frustrated and pissed off, rather than in pain.

Her defense is more noteworthy given how easily she diffused an attack from LFD Natsu, and its remaining power was still strong enough to blow away the top of a large building like Sabertooth's guild hall.

Mira is definitely versatile, her moveset consists of both melee and ranged attacks. And she also has great speed. However, Minerva has been shown to be capable of constantly keeping up with fighters the calibre of Erza and Kagura with little trouble during the majority of their exchange. Mira is going to have more than her hands full.

Mira has not really impressed during Tartaros too. She was having an incredibly hard time fighting Seilah, who was doing nothing but practically using telekinesis to pelt her with books. When Mira decides to use Satan Soul Sitri, Seilah responds by going Etherious and hitting her with a wave blast so hard Mira was actually forced out of her transformation. She was losing to Seilah until a moment of desperation, and Elfman was the one who landed the finishing blow.

In Alvarez, Mira flat out thrashed both of Irene's subordinates with Alegria Soul takeoever. However just a few seconds of use, it drains her of so much of her energy that she's unable to even stand. Which leaves her completely defenseless when Irene appeared. Also I doubt even together, the duo possessed the strength to be classified as a Spriggan.

On the other hand, Minerva didn't actually beat Historia Wahl. We can assumed the historias were gone when Neinhart got pummelled by Natsu. Nonetheless, Minerva was not defeated by Historia Wahl either. So Mira's going to need something really powerful to do so too. And her strength tends to come in shorts bursts, which lacks the consistency and endurance against Minerva.

Therefore, I am going to go with a tie.