Question - Miura's work used wihtout his consent? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Miura's work used wihtout his consent?

Proof

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Greetings everyone. Today I turned on the TV right at the moment when the local Russian TV company was transmiting a programme covering mystical origins of the human civilization. What rivetted my attention was the part where the narrator explores the possibility that our ancestors might have been giants-shapshifter (ignore sanity). The narration was accompanied by a number of images including this one: http://i46.tinypic.com/16bagpg.jpg
A moment after I saw this I realized it is Rakshas, one of Griffiths accomplices.

Nowhere I found any records mentioning that this particular piece of art belongs to Kentaro Miura. I find such an appoach impropriate. Miura deserves credit. Now I would not cause any ruckus in case if it had been someone else, but I just felt bad for Kentaro.

I have no idea if this is prosecuted by law (it might not, or it is simply not important enough to care about). I tried to find e-mails of Miura's publishers in order to notify them but I am afraid I failed(. The web-sites were in Japaneese and Google Translate was not much of a help. Hell, Ctrl+F "@" was not much of a help to find their e-mails there!

And so I was finally forced to register on the forums hoping that someone of you might know their contacts. I won't judge the usual content of REN-TV (that's the TV company), but I was exasperated by this. Sorry if you find this not worth discussing :darn and thank you for your time.

Aazholh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is an outrage! I'm commisioning fifteen of the best lawyers to help Miura out. Wish us luck.

Fixit

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Let the kids play, no one will die from it, it isnt like the program will make millions of dolars and be watched by millions of people + miura wont fail to make milliooons of yens