Voting Round 2 - Miyamoto Musashi vs. Kaguya Shinomiya | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Miyamoto Musashi vs. Kaguya Shinomiya

Best Waifu?

• Miyamoto Musashi

• Kaguya Shinomiya

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Miyamoto Musashi
Fate/Grand Order
Kaguya Shinomiya
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai:
Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen

Last edited by a moderator:

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
One of the best samurais during the Sengoku period vs

Not the best girl in her own series.

Wow, such a hard choice /s.

ForSeaGle

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hard choice for me, I absolutely love both characters.
@SirSamuel016 plz post pics to help convince me :hmm

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Since Im up to date with the manga and all, I love Kaguya's character.
Would like to know about Musashi tho.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The time has come for Musashi's grand entrance!

Miyamoto Musashi, from Fate/Grand Order is here to bless the waifu wars! The ultimate waifu in how she's both an incredible partner and an inspiration for all, Musashi has what it takes to go the whole distance but she needs your vote! Here's some points to consider:

Point #1: Character. Musashi is normally easy-going as she travels around worlds, enjoying life wherever it may take her and that comes across in how she acts too. A travelling swordswoman which is already rare, her journeys are a means for her to grow, learn and better her skills and herself. No one is perfect, but admitting that and continuing to strive to be better is something everyone can learn from in my opinion, so learn from Musashi!

She has a serious side too when things get rough, but she's strong, unflinching and unyielding, and will see things through to the end! If you're in a tough spot she'll help you out of it, and often will say exactly what you need to hear to get you out of that spot and inspired to push on. Just think, a kickarse swordswoman who is not only wise and strong on the battlefield but off it to for any situation; truly someone you can rely on!

Point #2: Inspiration. Musashi is an inspirational character when you consider the lessons that can be learnt from her. In a world where men are typically the pinnacle due to the standards of the time, she decided to walk her own path to becoming the best swordswoman she could be, going against the wishes of her father. This was more for her own sake and wants more than anything else, but she had the drive to take those steps into going it on her own in a cruel world, and she had the will to get through many challenges.

Taking things into her own hands and walking her own path takes courage, for stepping away from the easy path and trying to see how far you can go in the end. Speaking on that, she goes through trials but comes out on top, continuing her quest to reach the void; the mental state of emptiness, which is the ultimate mental state. To that end she walks her own path, not worrying about what may lay ahead but embracing the journey for it's highs and lows, something we all can do.

Point #3: Appearance. Yes, this is a point because we all make assumptions of people based of appearance, as it's the first thing that can tell us about someone. I daresay she has great fashion sense with her attire; breathtaking and ornate, much like the cherry blossom trees and old temples of her homeland. Standing at 167cm tall, she exudes confidence in herself and her abilities and that comes across in many different ways. Confident in traditional garb, and swimsuits when summer rolls around, there isn't anything she can't pull off!

Point #4: Food! My final point for now is food! Musashi loves food and especially Udon! Whether it's after a hard-fought battle, or just spending some nice time with her master, she loves an excuse to eat out and eat well! Who wouldn't want to get Udon with Musashi?

The female swordmaster who is bright, cheerful, and dignified, yet vibrant; Miyamoto Musashi! Please consider giving her your vote!

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm up to date on Kaguya-sama AND I know of Musashi's profound waifu-ness. I support.. the female Musashi from another world who got isekia'd into our hearts.

ForSeaGle

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Damn it, this is painful.
Sorry Kaguya, you are really cute, but Musashi is an amazing lady. :hearts :love

draku

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
American Samoa
I vote for Musashi.

Also she's not a trap, lmao, she's the Musashi from another dimension who is female.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It's hard to vote against my last year's nomination :sweatdrop

But I'm very impressed with Sam's campaign. Musashi herself also sounds like a great and fun waifu, so I'll vote for her.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Voted Kaguya straight up, but now with Sam's campaign I changed my vote to Musashi.
It's hard to vote against my last year's nomination :sweatdrop

But I'm very impressed with Sam's campaign. Musashi herself also sounds like a great and fun waifu, so I'll vote for her.
I thank you for your votes and allowing me the opportunity to win you over!

DaGreatNoodles

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I recently watched first season Kaguya-sama (great series so far) and I've gotta say, she is a really cute character.
But, I love the Vagabond manga (one of my all time favorite), so I'm voting for the female counterpart of Miyamoto Musashi. I just hope she can achieve the same feats as the real Musashi though (never played Fate/Grand Order, I only completed Fate/Extella Link).

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Honestly a shame whoever nominated Kaguya hasn't campaigned at all, was looking forward to a bit of a verbal back and forth but oh well. Will be a shame if Musashi loses to Kaguya with literally 0% put in from the Kaguya party.

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France

TOTALeconomist says that kaguya is not the best girl in her series, she must have thought of chika but that is necessary because Chika is not the right one to make her cute little girl. But we don't see anything interesting in terms of character at worst, it's just a mascot.

Kaguya used to be a cold person but gradually became a warm and gentle person.

Besides, she has the soul of an innocent girl. She will always find qualities in you and even find positive points in your defects that people will find in you

As the Moon Goddess she aspires to an incomparable kindness, she is not abusing herself and will help you in all possible solutions even if you are not important to her.

What makes it even more adorable are those mood swings that make us want to pamper her even more.

She's beautiful, sweet, intelligent with a multitude of talents, the ideal wakfu. Nevertheless, she finds it hard to understand love, you are the only ones to teach her what love is, and this by voting for her.

Ps: with her you would be more likely to look into her eyes and see the true beauty of her soul.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia

TOTALeconomist says that kaguya is not the best girl in her series, she must have thought of chika but that is necessary because Chika is not the right one to make her cute little girl. But we don't see anything interesting in terms of character at worst, it's just a mascot.

Kaguya used to be a cold person but gradually became a warm and gentle person.

Besides, she has the soul of an innocent girl. She will always find qualities in you and even find positive points in your defects that people will find in you

As the Moon Goddess she aspires to an incomparable kindness, she is not abusing herself and will help you in all possible solutions even if you are not important to her.

What makes it even more adorable are those mood swings that make us want to pamper her even more.

She's beautiful, sweet, intelligent with a multitude of talents, the ideal wakfu. Nevertheless, she finds it hard to understand love, you are the only ones to teach her what love is, and this by voting for her.

Ps: with her you would be more likely to look into her eyes and see the true beauty of her soul.
Talk about leaving it to the last minute aye :XD At least I got a response finally. Shame it's mainly images with some subpar reasoning.

You talk about Kaguya's qualities and while there might be some nice stuff, you admit in your argument that "You have to teach her what love is". If she can't figure it out and make that move further then how can she legitimately be a good waifu?

When comparing the two, Musashi has more insight from her life experiences and in that regard could be even more valuable in terms of intelligence. The strength to carry herself and push herself past her limits makes Musashi an incredible person, and the fact that she lays her life on the line to protect those dear to her is a feat that Kaguya can't match, regardless of her setting not allowing but it's something to consider when looking at what makes them great people.

Thanks for submitting something, late into the round as it is, but I'm just seeing some fluff with some images. I daresay Musashi can beat Kaguya in a swimsuit contest though :kappa

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
How dare you talk about my last year nominee, the goddess Chika, like that? :arf

Temeeeee

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
Pour moi, un bon wakfu est une personne qui a du mal à comprendre ces sentiments d'amour. Son développement pour le comprendre et le réaliser le rend encore plus magnifique. Pour une femme qui sait déjà ce qu'est l'amour et qui n'en approuve rien ne mérite pas d'être un bon wakfu. Ce sera juste fade. Un bon wakfu ne devrait pas jouer seulement sur son atout physique mais sur sa personnalité ce qu'elle peut envoyer et pour moi kaguya envoie très bien par rapport aux autres personnages.

Dans un concours de maillot de bain, sa poitrine Ne est montrer pas reasonable verser gagner. Il faut faire preuve d'élégance en termes de posture, d'élégance de mouvement et de dialogue. Quel musaki aura du mal à faire. Kaguya se sacrifie également pour le bien de ses amis dans les études mais aussi pour les personnes qui n'ont aucun lien avec elle.

having a big chest is useless because between a girl with 100E and a well-made girl the man will always choose the well-made girl.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Pour moi, un bon wakfu est une personne qui a du mal à comprendre ces sentiments d'amour. Son développement pour le comprendre et le réaliser le rend encore plus magnifique. Pour une femme qui sait déjà ce qu'est l'amour et qui n'en approuve rien ne mérite pas d'être un bon wakfu. Ce sera juste fade. Un bon wakfu ne devrait pas jouer seulement sur son atout physique mais sur sa personnalité ce qu'elle peut envoyer et pour moi kaguya envoie très bien par rapport aux autres personnages.

Dans un concours de maillot de bain, sa poitrine Ne est montrer pas reasonable verser gagner. Il faut faire preuve d'élégance en termes de posture, d'élégance de mouvement et de dialogue. Quel musaki aura du mal à faire. Kaguya se sacrifie également pour le bien de ses amis dans les études mais aussi pour les personnes qui n'ont aucun lien avec elle.

having a big chest is useless because between a girl with 100E and a well-made girl the man will always choose the well-made girl.
Dear oh dear, you really didn't read my points did you nor take the time to look at Kaguya's competition and educate yourself a bit my dude.

I understand where you're coming from, but everything you mentioned with personality traits Musashi tops Kaguya. Musashi is intelligent in numerous ways, and she is beautiful for that and so much more. She's someone who inspires others, and also lifts them up when they are at their lowest, and can have them go from feeling useful to being content with themselves, and more motivated than ever to walk their path. The character traits that define Musashi make her a lovable character; she's happy-go lucky, but with a serious side to boot and she is someone that you can always rely upon.

And that's a laugh, assuming she couldn't pose because of her breasts :XD I can't say you didn't try but dear oh dear dude you can do better than "she gets weighed down by them and would lose". There is elegance in everything about Musashi, and that is why she is the superior waifu; the well-made girl who deserves the people's votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.