Hangout - Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Hangout Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Galactic Tomahawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: [New] Nanatsu no Taizai by Nakaba Suzuki

Yeah, Dianne's pretty funny so far too.

On that note, I wonder what sin Meliodas is gonna represent. It'll be interesting if that becomes a plot point too.

cearon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey

On that note, I wonder what sin Meliodas is gonna represent. It'll be interesting if that becomes a plot point too.
he is probably lust basing this on his behaviour towards elizabeth and dianne being envy.

@k-dom isnt it more like a title serpent's sin envy, dianne, whereas meliodas is dragon's sin ...., meliodas. thou it is baffling why his sin is not given but the tattoo.

Edit: today he is given to be wrath. (disappointing)

as for the chapter, it wasnt anything exceptional to say the least. nothing was out of norm from any other shounen fairy tale.
elizabeth should just disseappear. (even if this is shounen and all her role is looking pretty and having big busts the girl is annoyingly useless.)
also why r the sins different from their more established animals, i wonder? a japanese thing or some deeper meaning.

Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Okay, great chapter... We know that Meliodas is the sin of wrath. The whereabouts of Sloth and Greed are known too. I wonder if those tattoos will represent something later on.

The fight between Gilthunder and Meliodas is cool but you can already know that Gilthunder won't be a match for Meliodas. The battle experience will make a true difference. I also wonder how it comes they didn't change. Were they cursed so that the sins can not escape punishment by death and the holy knights can punish them and

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Good chapter. Gilthunder seems genuinely formidable, but at the same time, Melodias seems to be toying with him. I'm not exactly a fiend for good fights, but I also don't want Melodias to curb stomp everyone.

One thing I am worried about is that Melodias will make allies out of some of the Holy Knights he defeats, kind of like Kongou Banchou did with several of the Banchous he defeated. I just don't want to have the same reading experience here that I did with Kongou Banchou. And Gilthunder being like a big brother to Elizabeth, not seeming to be part of the framing of the 7 Sins, and how he used to look up to the 7 Sins, makes for a good candidate to switch sides. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France

Well I had a bit the same impression. He does not seem like the bad guy judging from his past and his hatred for the seven sins is based on a misunderstanding. So to me, the big surprise would rather be that he doesn't change side

dslayersss

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

Anybody know if this series will continues to get translated? I saw the raw chapter 10, but couldn't understand any part of it :-_-

SQm3

Reaction score
Country
United States

Anybody know if this series will continues to get translated? I saw the raw chapter 10, but couldn't understand any part of it :-_-
Where did you see the raw? Wait it's to ch 10 already??

SQm3

Reaction score
Country
United States

Oh ok, thanks. Forgot about that site.

RedHawk Neo is doing the Edited Mangas and seems like they're 3 chaps behind. Maybe someone can give us a summary of the yet-to-be translated chapters.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

I liked this last chapter. I'm getting into the slight humor and crazy powerhouses. Gil, although inhumanly strong already is still beaten like a mosquito :-) and this new fox sin that appears seems of the same caliber. I'm curious if the 4 knights will be a challenge or just other pawns

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Cool chapter, there's a good story development and the current pace is not too slow, not too fast either. The setting itself is curious but it should be elaborated a bit more imo. Anyway, I ain't sure wether Gilthunder, those four, etc are the true holy knights. Gilthunder was very young during the important events which made the sins become an enemy. They are probably top class knights but I still think that true powerful villains have yet to be shown.

Galactic Tomahawk

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Really liked the last couple chapters

I hope the twist with the Grizzly knight is that he's going to come back as a zombie.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Cool chapter, there's a good story development and the current pace is not too slow, not too fast either. The setting itself is curious but it should be elaborated a bit more imo. Anyway, I ain't sure wether Gilthunder, those four, etc are the true holy knights. Gilthunder was very young during the important events which made the sins become an enemy. They are probably top class knights but I still think that true powerful villains have yet to be shown.
Agreed. Though his power does seem to be considerable, I think compared to the Holy Knights of old...he would be lower ranked in terms of power. I also don't see the 4 knights stationed at the prison where Ban is to be too much of a bother for Meliodas and Diane to deal with, it's too soon for a veritable enemy confrontation.

Quick thank you again to k-dom for showing me this manga, I really enjoy reading it and Meli is a perv of the highest calibre; it's really funny.

cearon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey

yes, the so-called holy knights seem underpowered against the sins. even meliodas didnt have any problems against gilthunder with that gash. although did get downed afterwards. i am thinking that the real enemies will be the arthur's round table knights. just a hunch, since his name is mentioned and meliodas is a character from an arthurian tale( not so sure but i think it was french origin). and the story takes place on britannia...

my real curiosty is for the sin of lust considering meliodas is wrath with his personality how will lust be. :)

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

Hehe, that was a funny way to have an haircut. This manga is really well balanced so far in term of humor and action in my opinion.
I really like this chapter too. The mystery about what this sword is, makes the plot go further. It's interesting to see that Melodias is not just a carefree guy. As for the new guy, it's a bit early to say anything. The flashback make it seems like he was not completely reliable but that's probably a youth error.

Last edited:

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Yeah, that was a really cool chapter. At the very least, Ban is super badass for getting a hair cut and shave with the enemy attacks. And I too am intrigued by Meliodas and why he protects that sword so seriously.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Ch.10 has been out for a while. Seems the 4 Holy knights won't be too much trouble for the Deadly Sins, as apparent from this chapter. Either that or Golgius(?) was the weakest one.
It's great seeing Meliodas back on his feet and perving his way to Elizabeth; I really liked the "Don't make light of a man that can spot exposed panties from a mile away". Classic. Besides the fight, not much else went on in this chapter, but it's moving forward and I think next week will see the group leave the village and make their way to where Ban is.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Ban is really cool. I like his no nosense attitude. How he is helping out Cenette and telling her that she is his... Great way to portrait greed imo :-)

Anyway, I don't expect the holy knights' role to last very long. I wouldn't be surprised if Ruin's power could become his weakness. Meliodas and Diane are fighting but they know each other for too long and I wouldn't be surprised if they are going to set up an act

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

I'm not a fan of hypnotism/illusion powers due to a certain couple of manga, but this could be a really good chance to allow Elizabeth to be more useful by snapping them out of it.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

Hehe, I guess you are happy with this chapter Matt :-). I guess I should reconsider my posts from the beginning wrt Elisabeth. The most interesting point was not that she had courage (that we already knew from previous chapters), but that she knew about the bell. I guess we have yet to learn about he abilities and knowledge on the holy knights.
Also it is not very clear to me yet how the magic in this world works. Is it magic artefacts, magic powers, probably both.

And once again Ban shows off. This nasty smile was perfect.