Theory - Monoma and Toga siblings? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Monoma and Toga siblings?

LOTAC

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay, so allow me to explain this theory. In my opinion, it doesn't seem very far fetched. But I would like to take note that there are manga SPOILERS ahead so stop reading now if you don't want to get a spoiler.

Anyway, it is very well likely that Toga and Monoma are siblings. Obviously appearance is one of the key factors here. They both have blond hair. I mean yeah, they have different eye colors but siblings do that sometimes.
Toga is the oldest child in her family and she has two unnamed parents. Her backstory is somewhat vague but we do know that she drank the blood of a boy she 'loved' then ran away from her graduation in middle school. Monoma and Toga are around the same age so Toga can easily be older or -in the case they are twins- be the one born first.
One of the key things that I noticed was that their quirks are similar. At least now they are. Since her reawakening, Toga can now copy appearances as well as quirks with her quirk. Monoma's quirk is copy. Therefore, both can copy quirks.
Her being an insane lunatic can also connect to Monoma's strange attitude. He does act a little crazy a lot in the series.
The crazyness he possesses can be because he is related to Toga or has lived with her or it can be from denial that his sister is a 'monster' and has run away.
It's really an interesting theory. I believe it is true. What do you guys think?

Sirin

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
…what’s with this trend of thinking that everyone is related to everyone? Inko and Nana have similar hairstyles - they must be related! Momo's and Chisaki’s quirks have the same pattern when activated - they must be related! No, Momo is actually Hana! No, Nana and Ochako are related, ‘cause they can fly! No, Geten is Toya! And now this.
Eh.
Just no. It was quite clearly shown that Himiko is the only child in a family. Also, no, there is zero chance of them being twins - Himiko is 17, born on the 7th of August, Neito is 16, born on the 13th of May.
Also, Neito isn’t crazy. He’s initially quite a gag character, somewhat overly-patriotic towards his classmates, but that’s it. While Himiko is an archetypical yandere, with a clearly defined maniacal obsession, though derived from her quirk. Also, she’s using her real name, no pseudonyms, no nicknames. As easy as that, she’s Toga, he’s Monoma, nothing in common.
Their quirks also have pretty much nothing in common, their nature is absolutely different. Ingesting blood as a mean of morphing into someone else is QUITE different from «copying quirks for five-ten minutes by touching».

Mallas26

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Maybe,i dont know. I am not sure about everything now...

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Monoma is bitter over his quirk not being perceived as very hero like. Toga is an unhinged lunatic unable to grasp how her actions cause pain to others who desperately needs to be hospitalized to treat the mental illness that is her.... mind. It's simply not fair to compare monoma to toga even slightly. Barring his need to taunt class 1A, he is an otherwise healthy human being that wants to do good and is able to do good (unlike toga who can't and shouldn't be kept near anyone).

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't thank they're related. The police would've questioned Monoma the instant they figured out Toga was with the League.

smol_child

Reaction score
Country
Australia
In my opinion, I can see this as a possible theory. (Spoilers)
In chapter 225. the beginning of this chapter, they show her age and that she is the oldest of her siblings.

In chapter 226 they show toga's parents in an interview but purposely block out their faces.

Later on in this chapter, they show that her quirk evolves and then we start to see more of connection between these pair and more reasons why people theorise about them being siblings, just like the theory of Dabi being Touya Todoroki - which has now proven to be cannon

so basically in the end togas quirk is a better version of monoma's
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

link to chapters for togas backstory
https://read-myheromanga.com/manga/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-226/
https://bnha.online/manga/my-hero-academia-boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-225/

Last edited by a moderator:

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
In my opinion, I can see this as a possible theory. (Spoilers)
In chapter 225. the beginning of this chapter, they show her age and that she is the oldest of her siblings.

In chapter 226 they show toga's parents in an interview but purposely block out their faces.

Later on in this chapter, they show that her quirk evolves and then we start to see more of connection between these pair and more reasons why people theorise about them being siblings, just like the theory of Dabi being Touya Todoroki - which has now proven to be cannon

so basically in the end togas quirk is a better version of monoma's
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

link to chapters for togas backstory
https://read-myheromanga.com/manga/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-226/
https://bnha.online/manga/my-hero-academia-boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-225/
You can't prove a theory is true because a different theory became true.

Look back at all the clues Horikoshi gave us hinting at Dabi being Toya. They are more concrete than Toga and Monoma. There's nothing to suggest the police talked to Monoma or anyone at UA knowing about this. It wasn't hinted at by Monoma during the Class A vs Class B fight either.

There's also the impact of such a theory having on the story. Dabi being related to the #1 hero and an important supporting character moves the story forward. What's the drama with Toga and Monoma being related other than one's a hero and one's a villain? What's the point of it if that's all there is to show and neither Toga or Monoma ever referenced their possible siblings in any emotional way?

I'm not saying it's impossible, but there's very little evidence supporting this theory.

Mei-ling

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Okay I would like to add this but maybe because of what himiko ( I don’t know if I am saying that right ) did back at her middle school graduation her family was probably was ashamed of what she did so they changed there family name toga to monoma so they do not raise suspicion on they’re family. Also I don’t really know to much but reading from the other theories you guys are saying Himiko is the oldest sibling which means she has to have younger siblings which could be Neito being he is younger that her. Another thing I would like to state is their expressions in certain scenes in the manga do look very a like.. but that’s just me anyways it really doesn’t bother me if you don’t believe me I just wanted to state this :p

Ilyia

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
What do you guys think?
No. In the latest flashback we see that if Himiko does have a younger sibling... that siblings name is either Kei, or a name where the "Kei" can be used as a nickname.
basically in the end togas quirk is a better version of Monoma's
Only it isn't though... it is completely different. Himiko never copied anyone's quirk, she actually use the DnA of another person and hide herself in a coat made from them. Then that coat itself is able to allow her to use the quirk of the person she has disguised herself as.