Most Disappointing Anime of 2013 | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Most Disappointing Anime of 2013

What is the most disappointing anime of 2013?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BobobVanBlob

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I support Samurai Flamenco.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
There is a four way tie for fourth and fifth place. The top two anime in the tiebreaker poll will be added to the first voting round.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tough call between Coppelion and Flowers of Evil. Flowers of Evil was probably worst anime of the year just from being a dull story, with unrealistic characters, doing unrealistic things and having a rather bland and dull production style that made it seem cheap, it even had low FPS.

Coppelion was disappointing for taking forever to take off and never really doing anything. At the end of the day it seemed like it was just one random event in a story that, well they never told us what the full story was or even the significance of the anime in the greater scheme of things. Worst yet they got rid of my favorite character while bringing back someone no one cared about.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Sasami-san was my biggest disappointment. A new Shaft anime, with gorgeous animation, created by a talented staff. It looked like it had potential to be a great anime. Except that it was incomprehensible. The story didn't make any sense, the show was almost impossible to follow. Expectations were generally very high, but the show was terrible.

AlphaIkaros

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Kakumeiki Valvrave is my biggest mistake this year. At first I was very eager to watch it because it was the very first anime Hoshino Katsura had made collaboration of - she made the original character designs. But right after the end of the first season, I just decided to just drop it off my anime watchlist. The art and animation are great, but it was the story and plot that made it worse. It felt like the creators tried to level it up like on that of Code Geass, but for me it didn't work.

I would also like to nominate Arata Kangatari (though I know I'm too late for the nomination) I only watched the first episode, but I can't get the feeling of liking it though I've read some of its chapters

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Tough call between Coppelion and Flowers of Evil. Flowers of Evil was probably worst anime of the year just from being a dull story, with unrealistic characters, doing unrealistic things and having a rather bland and dull production style that made it seem cheap, it even had low FPS.

Coppelion was disappointing for taking forever to take off and never really doing anything. At the end of the day it seemed like it was just one random event in a story that, well they never told us what the full story was or even the significance of the anime in the greater scheme of things. Worst yet they got rid of my favorite character while bringing back someone no one cared about.
Although I heavily agree about the plot, Aku no hana was one of the most beautiful animes that I saw this year. I saw no issues with the FPS. Story wise, I agree wholeheartedly - I am almost willing to vote it as disappointing just because it wasted such a beautifully animated, realistic movements, realistic looking anime with such depressing characters, unrealistic actions and a story that I can predict how it will go wrong time and time again...

Actually, scratch that - I am going to vote for Aku no hana anyway.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
tiebreaker poll is now open.

---------- Post added January 29, 2014 at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was January 24, 2014 at 07:07 PM ----------

Aku no Hana did not disappoint me because I didn't have high expectations in the first place. For obvious reasons they didn't even release previews and visuals in advance. It's a good manga, but that's not a reason to believe the anime adaption will be any good. I don't read Coppelion, and never have. The PV looked epic, GoHands is usually a great studio, but it ended up being a bad series. Maybe the source material stinks, because it wasn't the animation.