Most Disappointing Series 2012 | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Most Disappointing Series 2012

Which is the Most Disappointing Series 2012?

• [url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/14467/K]K[/url]

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • [url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/11757/Sword_Art_Online]Sword Art Online[/url]

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • [url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/12967/Arcana_Famiglia]La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia[/url]

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • [url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/10793/Guilty_Crown]Guilty Crown[/url]

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • [url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/11837/Zetman]Zetman[/url]

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I usually drop shows if they suck. But I'm going to throw my support for La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia and Guilty Crown.

SAO has to be the one series I see split opinions on. People nominating it for disappointing series, and others for best new series of 2012. I'm not nominating it for either, as I haven't seen it, but just pointing this out. :P

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Zetman :fail

Last edited:

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I support Zetman, Guilty Crown and Sword Art Online

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Let's see:

Dakara boku wa H ga dekinai LOL

And no other I guess. XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I nominate K because of the wasted talents of the voice actors and little to no action at all. The plot was also lame. It really had so much potential.
I'll just post the first one. Basically, I agree with all other posts about how bad K is. Aside from few exciting moments and twists, there was nothing special. Animation and plot in general were sloppy and too much was left to viewer's imagination. I just watched the last episode and discovered I don't even care whether there will be season 2. I don't even care what the remaining 2 kings are like. I'm starting to doubt whether they were even created.

I guess I'm trying to say that, while I had some fun watching it, in the end, I'm disappointed.

Yuyunarutoballz

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I started a La Storia trend :O Cool :P

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I confidently casted my vote, and when I see the results, I turned o__O. What a split opinion, indeed, after what I see in other voting threads. :XD

No wonder I'd go with GC. Too much disappointment compared to K and Arcana Famiglia. At least SAO's first half was still interesting despite the confusing 2-3 side story episodes in the beginning. For the rest of first arc episodes, I forgive those side stories. I didn't finish Arcana Famiglia, was just too disappointed in it, so I can't vote for it. K.. Well, at least the animation was good. At least the voice actors were good. GC.. The soundtrack was awesome! But the way the plot and characters destroyed my expectation was just unforgivable. ^^;

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
what are you guys saying >! K was extremely good! started bad but had an amazing finish

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I have a hard time enjoying K, to be honest. The graphic was superb indeed, and the plot could actually be interesting if it wasn't too dragged in the front. If they brought the ending to front episodes and explore more about the kings I think it could be better. Well, I heard a second season has been announced so hopefully we'll see more exploration by then.

Reactions: GB

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany

The results are in for the second Anime Awards!
The moment you have been waiting for has finally arrived~

But first, our thanks. We thank everyone for their participation in nominating, voting, discussing, critiquing, and suggesting ideas for future Awards Ceremonies. This wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of the staff and most importantly our cherished members and loyal fans of anime!

I'm sure you're eagerly waiting for the result though so let's go ahead.
The "Most Disappointing Anime 2012" is.....

Ghan

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sword art online ? Really?

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
...What's so happy about being the most disappointing series, really?

Though I don't think the wording of this poll title is all that good to begin with. The word "disappointing" means "not living up to the expectation". I think SAO is voted the most disappointing just because the series was really popular at first, while the rest...well, not that many people even bother to watch it to begin with, so of course, no one will be "disappointed" in them. *shrug*