Voting - Most Disturbing Scene | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Most Disturbing Scene

Most Disturbing Scene

• Ganishka's new form

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Eclipse

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Any rape seen

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Floras death

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Welcome to the voting phase of
Most Disturbing Scene

This thread if for this specific nomination only, for discussion regarding other categories and general discussion about the Awards, please visit the Berserk Awards Discussion Thread.

Nomination InfoPlease remember, that you may nominate only one title for this award. However during the nomination phase, you can always change your nomination. For more information about how the Awards work, please check the opening post of the thread linked above.

For the nomination phase to run smoothly and to avoid situations where nominations weren't counted by accident, please state your nomination clearly. It is preferable to highlight the nominated title with bolded text and color. Example: I nominate <insert title> for <insert category>

Also please explain briefly the reason for your nomination.

Enjoy the Awards and thanks for understanding!

Nominees:

Ganishka's new form
Eclipse(7)
Any rape seen

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I nominate Ganishka's new form for 'Most Disturbing Scene'!

http://www.mangareader.net/96-1156-1/berserk/chapter-300.html or
http://www.mangareader.net/96-1154-7/berserk/chapter-298.html

I have to say it really gave me chills to see it, the feeling of tallness and the impossibility to fight such an immense creature. It was really hard to belive Griffith wasn't screwed-up this time! At the same time, the tall creature feels abyssal, as if the sky and the deep were together in that moment. It's abyssal to me because, just like in an abyss, it seems as all of you will go into it and won't be enough to reach a footing.

Meanwhile, all those faces and eyes (octopus ones) together with tentacles is one of the most repulsive creations of Miura. I suppose that if he had given Ganishka a plastic looking pink skin it wouldn't be so bad, so we have to take into account the whole texture that went into it. Nobody wants to get close to it, regardless of 'will it overpower you' it's menacing because it's ugly! lol

I don't know if we have to focus on one particular page where all of this is shown, for nomination purposes, since a scene can start and end in different pages, but definitely if you've read that part you'll understand what am I going for. One doesn't have to see those eyes again to remember Ganishka is made of them, it's impactating enough to recall it, even after Miura's long breaks! xD

Last edited:

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
To me it really was the eclipse. Seeing Caska get raped with a whole bunch of disgusting monsters around really disturbed me, especially the effect that Griffith was the one behind it.

Last edited:

mrsticky005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
pretty much any rape seen will do.

Aazholh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think the eclipse is the single most disturbing scene in Berserk. It is the main driving force for Guts. When he reflects about why he is on a quest for revenge, the eclipse as automatically brought up; along with the betrayal and rape of Casca.

Last edited:

omegakai

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Eclipse . So many people we got to like died on that day, RIP to Pippin, Judeau, Gatson, Caska sanity and the rest of the band of the hawk that got ripped to pieces in demon feeding orgy

102jayday

Reaction score
Country
Australia
eclipse Hands down, that put me in shock. No one has said anything about when caska gave birth or Wylad having that girl naked and on a piece of wood.

White Rabbit

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
if we really consider the eclipse as just one big scene then i'll definately go with it too... in particular the part when the new born femto is raping caska while guts is cutting off his own arm.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Agreed. Eclipse.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Imho, the eclipse was revolting. It made me angry and disgusted, and although it's also unsettling, those feelings aren't as disturbing as Ganishka's form to me. Why?

Disturbing usually refers to something that shouldn't be there. The rape is a human thing, it felt common place knowing Griffith's feelings and Caska's feelings. Not that it wasn't very violent, it was! But it's something we can understand and reason with. It's part of our world, and Guts' suffering actually exists in a war-like scenario. Several people undergo that much anger and violence in the real world: it's bad but it's not Escher.

If I were to pick the disturbing parts of the Eclipse, those would be the demons eating the Hawks. The Count specially, since he did appear in there as well, and ate the Hawks as well. It was really unsettling to see creatures that came out of nowhere and that we couldn't make out were their mouths were. Fairies too, it makes no sense to see a fairy or a God-hand for that matter.

Ganishka was to me the very description of disturbing, since one doesn't understand where is his face and what are those things around him. Something quite that huge is trully disturbing to see, it's nightmarish and not of our world, and that would happen by its size alone. His "octopusses" are as 'weird' as many of the apostles seen on the Eclipse, and his whole body reminds us of that scenario. That's the reason I pick Ganishka's form over the Eclipse. Imho, Miura took a step further in disturbing on that part than he did on the Eclipse, as the latter was still very human (we would get that same feeling from being chased by beasts in a dark forest, or by bandits in an alley).

Although I quite understand your views, I just felt like I had to justify (and perhaps give an opportunity to change some of the votes) my choice. The Eclipse is indeed quite a candidate, but I spent over 10 minutes looking at the computer when I saw Ganishka's first full body drawn. That concept really blown me away, there was a long time since I saw something beyond my own imagination capability. And I considered that one of those moments.

Last edited:

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
The eclipse, when Casca was raped. It was really beyond disgusting for me.

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
The Eclipse.

Disturbingly awesome.

Friday

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Flora
Schierke's mistress, who taught her in the arts of magic and sadly watch her die.

GioGio

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The Eclipse, hands down. That's like, the disturbing scene which gives disturbing scenes nightmares.