Favorites - Most emotionally impactful moments of SNK for you, after Female Titan Arc? (May contain spoilers) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Most emotionally impactful moments of SNK for you, after Female Titan Arc? (May contain spoilers)

Frijolous

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
In my case, perhaps I have a tie with two moments.

One was when Hannes-san got devoured in front of Eren and Mikasa by the same titan that killed their mother. You could see in his eyes, while being devoured, that he had the only chance to repay his debt and claim revenge, and he failed. This chapter really depressed me.

The other moment, rather than depressing, left me shocked. It was when various senior members of the SC got killed by the Central MP with a single, clean shot. Kenny Akerman's proficiency with the weapon was amazing. I was fearing that Levi would get killed the whole month because of that chapter's cliffhanger.

So, that's it!

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Whoa, where do I even begin?

• Carla, Marco, and Mike's deaths (Hannes was sad too, but I was prepared)
• All shifter reveals, starting from Annie (it wasn't obvious in the manga like the anime was)
• Ymir diving off Utgard tower to protect Historia
"Somebody please find us!" from Bert in chapter 48
• Erwin getting attacked by a titan and Ymir saving him
• all of chapter 50
• Historia throwing her father down
• Levi finding out he's an Ackerman and learning more about his past from Kenny
• Any time Hange takes charge

Maybe I'll add to this as more come up...

vanihba2000

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
It starts with Armin's speech in Episode 10, where he's defending Mikasa and Eren from the small-minded garrison troops. That's really what got me into this series in the first place. It also turned him into my favorite character.

After that I have always been emotionally charged up whenever Armin is involved somewhere, so that scene where Armin shoots to kill was so freaking awesome. It would have been so much more impact-ful had they continued with it in the same chapter, rather than reducing it to a flashback after we thought Jean was dead.

I am really hoping for some emotionally packed Armin moments in the future. For example, I can visualize him, along with Jean giving out a power-speech to a group of militia and the remaining soldiers of humanity to fight on with their lives.

Another scene was the most anti-climatic reveal of all times, when Reiner 'came out' to Eren about him being the Armored Titan. I was not expecting that at all, especially right after Ymir's reveal.

Frijolous

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Mexico

• Carla, Marco, and Mike's deaths (Hannes was sad too, but I was prepared)
• All shifter reveals, starting from Annie (it wasn't obvious in the manga like the anime was)
• all of chapter 50
• Historia throwing her father down
• Levi finding out he's an Ackerman and learning more about his past from Kenny
• Any time Hange takes charge

Maybe I'll add to this as more come up...
I have to agree with you on the Hange part... I feared for her (him?) everytime she charged (against the Colossal Titan, against a MP rifle while protecting Reeves, against Kenny's second in command). But after she got injured badly a couple of times, and just recovered, well, I just started to feel she had some kind of protection. Also she's the next SC commander, appointed by Erwin himself, so... I don't see anything happening to her anytime soon.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I never thought Hange was in danger except for briefly that time in the cave. The moments were impactful to me just because I could see that there was a lot to her* character, but he* was always being portrayed as comic relief in much of the fandom-- and the anime exaggerated that aspect (including filler) too-- which was irritating. Hange's reckless experimentation with titans is just another lovable quirk like Mike's tendency to sniff people was. It's not the entirety of the character by any means. So I quite enjoyed seeing Hange shine in command moments that proved this.

(* the official English manga translators were specifically instructed by Isayama to alternate masculine and feminine pronouns for Hange rather than settling on one or the other.)

Haze

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
• all of chapter 50
These gave me the chills as well. Especially the Bert crying out loud!

Is it just me or is AoT really getting more passive? It could just be the monthly issue playing a part or it could just be us predicting everything with such accuracy that there's barely anything left to chance these days? I haven't had many moments of recent but the last few really impacting moments I can recall have been -

1. Jerger's death.
2. Kenny saying 'Bring out the anti-human 3dmg'.
3. Ymir leaving back Christa to leave with the warriors for Christa's sake. This was really heart melting.
4. Marco being cold murdered, very well experiencing the happening about to take place. Crying his eyes out while watching his perpetrators move away, leaving him with the advancing titan..

That said, pretty much everything till as far as the anime covered was shocking af. I watched the thing without much of a delay between episodes, and it really hit me hard in the starting days. That was one of the main reasons to why AoT soon became one of my all time favourite series of all time and continues to leave me scarred to this day. It's a good scar though. I can always see the characters from AoT striving really hard to survive and to keep those around them alive and it's really motivating. It's a pity to see people complain regardless of getting more than they require but AoT has changed my world in a way that no other has, and if this is how the series scars me so be it. Not gonna lie, I sat at home and watched this series a year ago, and now I sit at my new gained work trying to change my life and growing stronger as a person for the better. The impact and emotions bought about by this series is just amazing, though if anything I'd only like it if the chapters were released a tad bit sooner. Tho that may not be something that's gonna change anytime soon and I'll just have to suck up to it.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
These gave me the chills as well. Especially the Bert crying out loud!

Is it just me or is AoT really getting more passive? It could just be the monthly issue playing a part or it could just be us predicting everything with such accuracy that there's barely anything left to chance these days? I haven't had many moments of recent but the last few really impacting moments I can recall have been -
It has its highs and lulls. We seem to be going into a "high" period now. I couldn't post about it before since it was still spoiler time, but Marco's death initially AND in the latest chapter both hit me pretty hard. In the chapter where his body is found, it was much more impactful than the anime due to the flashbacks of him immediately before you find out why you're seeing those flashbacks. Then it's like; Oh. Damn.

1. Jerger's death.
2. Kenny saying 'Bring out the anti-human 3dmg'.
3. Ymir leaving back Christa to leave with the warriors for Christa's sake. This was really heart melting.
4. Marco being cold murdered, very well experiencing the happening about to take place. Crying his eyes out while watching his perpetrators move away, leaving him with the advancing titan..
The final insult with the wine bottle for Gerger, that was such a shame. :XD
Oh yeah, the "anti-human 3dmg" was big
I think #3 is part of chapter 50?

That said, pretty much everything till as far as the anime covered was shocking af. I watched the thing without much of a delay between episodes, and it really hit me hard in the starting days. That was one of the main reasons to why AoT soon became one of my all time favourite series of all time and continues to leave me scarred to this day. It's a good scar though. I can always see the characters from AoT striving really hard to survive and to keep those around them alive and it's really motivating. It's a pity to see people complain regardless of getting more than they require but AoT has changed my world in a way that no other has, and if this is how the series scars me so be it. Not gonna lie, I sat at home and watched this series a year ago, and now I sit at my new gained work trying to change my life and growing stronger as a person for the better. The impact and emotions bought about by this series is just amazing, though if anything I'd only like it if the chapters were released a tad bit sooner. Tho that may not be something that's gonna change anytime soon and I'll just have to suck up to it.
I include Zeke/Sieg in my "titan reveals" and he's entirely post-anime. Of course the "faster" pace and the soundtrack help the anime out when it comes to emotional impact. It's possible that might be colouring your memories of the manga as well, but for me-- and you'll have to take my word for it but I'm not usually a "the manga is better!!1!!1" snob-- in this case, I think that while the art style and soundtrack and overall presentation in the anime were great, the manga was more clever and careful in how the reveals went at key moments (such as with Marco in particular). It will be interesting to see how they do it for the anime continuation to come...