Voting - Most Overrated Character | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Most Overrated Character

Most Overrated Character

• Kurapika

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Chrollo/Kuroro

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Killua

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Ging

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the nomination phase of
Most Overrated Character

This thread if for this specific category only, for discussion regarding other categories and general discussion about the Awards, please visit the Hunter x Hunter Awards Discussion Thread.

Note: Please use spoiler tags when appropriate.

An overrated character is a fan-favorite that does not deserve the attention. This is a character that is too popular and/or has an obsessive fanbase that makes them unlikeable. In the series of HunterxHunter, who do you believe is a character that has received just a bit too much attention despite how average or undeserving they are of it?

Nomination Rules
  • Please remember, that you may nominate maximum three title for this award. However during the nomination phase, you can always change your nomination. You can change your nomination twice.
  • For the nomination phase to run smoothly and to avoid situations where nominations weren't counted by accident, please state your nomination clearly. It is preferable to highlight the nominated title with bolded text and color. Example of nomination format:
    Code:
    I nominate [color=red][B]<insert character>[/B][/color]
  • Please explain briefly the reason for your nomination.

Enjoy the Awards and thanks for understanding!

----

Winner:

Ging

-----

Nominees Eligible for Voting:

Kurapika (7)
Chrollo/Kuroro (8)
Killua (5)
Ging Freecs (5)

Last edited:

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I nominate Kurapika

The Invertroid

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, as much as I love Kurapika, I have to nominate him too. Thankfully he's only overrated by the fanbase (and the director of the 1999 anime) and not Togashi himself. Otherwise, we'd have another Sasuke Uchiha on our hands. :lol

Chrollo is also kind of overrated, though only because I think we haven't seen enough of the guy lately for him to deserve the popularity he has among Phantom Troupe fans.

Finally, even though he's one of my favorite fictional characters of all time, I have to nominate Killua too. Everyone in the fanbase is constantly gushing over him, to the point that he get's way more attention than the main character, Gon. He's awesome enough that I usually don't mind, but I thought I'd put his name up anyway.

Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, as much as I love Kurapika, I have to nominate him too. Thankfully he's only overrated by the fanbase (and the director of the 1999 anime) and not Togashi himself. Otherwise, we'd have another Sasuke Uchiha on our hands. :lol

Chrollo is also kind of overrated, though only because I think we haven't seen enough of the guy lately for him to deserve the popularity he has among Phantom Troupe fans.

Finally, even though he's one of my favorite fictional characters of all time, I have to nominate Killua too. Everyone in the fanbase is constantly gushing over him, to the point that he get's way more attention than the main character, Gon. He's awesome enough that I usually don't mind, but I thought I'd put his name up anyway.
I pretty much agree with most of everything you've said here and you've named my 3 nominations, so I'm also going to nominate Kurapika, Chrollo, and Killua

Zoro Zoldyck

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Iraq
lol same with me except with Kurapika I don't see people everywhere talking about him.. I nominate Killua Chrollo and.. er.. These 2 are enough.

meowneko999

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Japan

Agreed
I nominate Killua, Kurapika and chrollo

Lutv

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Killua
Chrollo
Kurapika

GingFuriksu

Reaction score
Country
United States
I nominate Kurapika

Gotenkss

Reaction score
Country
India
I nominate Ging Freecs
Even though he is supposed to be a great hot-shot like Red haired shanks of One piece, he has just trolled all the series.

I nominate Bisky Chamma

I nominate Chrollo

The Invertroid

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I nominate Ging Freecs
Even though he is supposed to be a great hot-shot like Red haired shanks of One piece, he has just trolled all the series.
You know what, I actually think you're completely right about this. I change one of my nominations from Kurapika to Ging.

halldorawang

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Gotenkss said:
I nominate Ging Freecs
I second this. I also nominate Chrollo and Kurapika.

thatguy3331

Reaction score
Country
United States
CHROLLO yes he's a well written antagonist but he isn't the big bad of the series for pete's sake!

KingOfNight

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ging Freecs.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Kurapika:
He is strong for sure, but he is not invincible, not even against Phantom Troupe members.

Ging Freecss:
Despite being one of my favorite characters, I have to admit that he is treated like some kind of god who could steamroll over the likes of Meruem with little to no feats. At least that's the impression I got.

Goral

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I'm not voting here since I don't think that any of these characters are overrated. On the other hand I think that all characters that were introduced in bug-arc are (with Meruem at the top) but sadly there is not even one of them here.

moubou

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
CHROLLO

0Yun0

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Kurapika and Killua