Most Overrated Character | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Most Overrated Character

Who's The Most Overrated Character?

• Ace

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Bellamy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Big Mom

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Cracker

• Don Chinjao

• Gorosei

• Kaidou

• Kid

• Kizaru

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Law

• Luffy

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Mihawk

• New Fishman Pirates

• Sanji

• Seaking that bit Shanks' arm off

• Shanks

• Zoro

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the Voting Phase for the
Most Overrated Character

This thread is for voting for this specific category only. For discussion regarding other categories, please visit their respective category threads. For general information and discussion of the Awards, kindly visit the One Piece Awards 2016 - Info and Discussion Thread.

Voting Info - "How to Vote"
Once the nomination phase is over and the polls are made, the voting phase begins. Please bear in mind that once you have voted, the count will be final. Therefore, please do think carefully before casting your votes. You may like to discuss ideas and opinion with other participants before voting. Think and choose wisely will be the key.

Voting round spans from 4th December to 10th December 2016.

We look forward to your votes.

Enjoy the Awards and thanks for participating!

:^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I had a long hard think about this. Tbh I'm not that familiar with the fandom to make a good judgement. I'll just make some nominations from what I see in the threads...

Big Mom - any Yonkou imo is over-inflated. I mean their hype is worth it, but sometimes they're made out to be unbeatable by someone like Luffy. So I'm picking on LinLin here mainly because we're at her island in the story.

Kaido - because he's received a great ton of hype, and he'll probably get rolled first out of the Yonkou, or second after LinLin.

Takuan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I'll nominate Luffy. He's pretty overrated imo.

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Zoro
Sanji
Kaido

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Never realized Luffy was so incredibly overrated until I found fanboys in comic forums saying he could beat Superman, Goku, The Flash etc. I mean, I prefer One Piece power levels over Marvel and DC (and Dragon Ball) any time, but if there are so many fans out there who think he would even be left standing for one second against Superman, he must be pretty overrated. Still, that is purely in terms of strength. Character-wise, he deserves all the fanboys he gets. Such a great leading man, all his stupidity and his faults be damned.

So I'll nominate Ace for now.

I put Ace basically because everyone seemed so damn shook up about him dying, while I just felt like a heartless prick who was simply mildly surprised that someone died in One Piece, non-flashback. And everyone still hail him as if he was the greatest thing to ever happen to the manga. I thought he was cool, yeah. Not really the most well developed character even with all the flashbacks. I was pleased enough everytime I saw him, but never understood what people saw that I didn't that made him so great. I guess I'll never quite get it.

(But then again, I nominated Shanks for Favorite Male Character and I'm well aware that besides chapter 1 he hasn't exactly proven himself more than Ace. Still, he's not the one who's being raised to saint-dom by the entire fanbase. Ah, well.. I digress.)

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I nominate:

Ronanoa "Can Solo Doflamingo" Zoro
Hawkeye "Can Solo Admirals and Yonkou" Mihawk
To be fair Mihawk was a rival of Shanks when Shanks was at his prime. But i guess the discussion time will come later =)
I support Zoro's nomination though. He's pretty good, but like Luffy: overrated.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Kid
or as I like to call him, Edgy-Knife-Baby
Zoro
Hes so hyped up he sometimes feels like a FT character
The Sea King that bit Shanks Arm off.
yop

Norland

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Kaido. too much hype
New Fishman Pirates. not enough for warm up.
Bellamy. OHKO factor

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
1) Trafalgar D. Watel Law:
He's case is terrible, has a D., a National Treasure, a crew, Shichibukai and a second place in the popularity poll; loved by many fans to end trying and not achieving, the disgrace of the Will of D.

2) Borsalino 'Kizaru':
"Have you ever been hit at lightspeed?" Just because of that, everybody loves him and in the series feared to a bothering degree.

3) Gorosei:
I know these five aren't one, but still its considered as the magnus power above marines, and among readers as a unique power. They are just the tools of the Tenryubito and they just wait to order nations to do what they want.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Luffy imo is overrated.
Zoro is overrated as well.
I read something very true somewhere: it is interesting that during all te pre-timeskip story, Zoro was always injured during battles. He got injured at the very beginning against Buggy. He got cut in half by Mihawk. He battled Hatchan and then Arlong for a bit, while still being extremely injured (Arlong said he shouldn't even be standing). He almost died against Kuma... You get the point. He was the Strawhat pirate who received the most critical injuries pre-timeskip, and countless times it was noted how incredible it was for him to even be fighting in that state.
Then he trained with Mihawk for 2 years. And after this timeskip, he has yet to get any injury from an opponent.

So i kinda understand why Zoro is overrated, since he's been a beast after that timeskip.
Hence i'll vote for Luffy.

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Really? We can't vote for Akainu? I still think the Admirals have nothing on Kizaru, but oh well...

Don Chinjao it is, expected a lot more from him, but unfortunately he was suffering from PTSD due to what Garp did to him...

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Between Law, Luffy, Kidd, Ace and Kizaru.
Kidd... i would love to see what else besides pulling junk on your arms can you do. You got it, repeled to my first on the overrated position.