Discussion - Most Underrated Characters | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Most Underrated Characters

Who is (are) the most underrated character(s) in Fairy Tail?

• Total voters

MyaHeart35

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Exactly people don't understand what it's like to face DF Natsu or POF Natsu. I noticed that in this forum as soon as someone loses or fights against Natsu they are downplayed. To say that Irene or even August is stronger than Zeref is insane.

The problem is that Zeref was hyped as a great dark mage so everyone was expecting a big fight, but it turns out the guy actually doesn't even use his spells to the point that the Base Natsu can burn his magic (that's why I consider Human Ignia >>>>> FH Zeref)
Well tbf August and Irene were hyped to be stronger than Zeref or on his level. Makarov stated August is likely more skilled than Zeref. Brandish stated no WIZARD in Alvarez could stand up to August( including Zeref) except Irene. Mavis also wondering how could one person(Irene) have so much power while Zeref and August were standing right beside her.

It's just Irene and August were doing some much powerful feats like warping an entire country, low diffing Jellal and the Oracian Seis and all Zeref does is have a fist fight with Natsu.

Garmadooon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Well tbf August and Irene were hyped to be stronger than Zeref or on his level. Makarov stated August is likely more skilled than Zeref. Brandish stated no WIZARD in Alvarez could stand up to August( including Zeref) except Irene. Mavis also wondering how could one person(Irene) have so much power while Zeref and August were standing right beside her.

It's just Irene and August were doing some much powerful feats like warping an entire country, low diffing Jellal and the Oracian Seis and all Zeref does is have a fist fight with Natsu.
Sorry but no, nothing in the manga indicates that August and Irene are stronger than Zeref. In fact it was the opposite, Irene needed Zeref's enchantments to regain her human form. When August he kept crying about his dad problems so he would have lost to Zeref. Keep in mind that if Zeref was fighting Natsu to the punches it was because he was nerfed by the plot and its curses/contradictions issues.

A serious Zeref would have:

- stomped Ultear on Tenro instead of getting stomped
- no diffed Natsu like he no diffed Larcade
- no diffed Gildarts, Jellal and OS
- no diffed Erza and Wendy much easier than Irene

To protect Natsu from death, the author had to nerf him. Maybe August and Irene are better physically, but Zeref's versatility and immortality shits on them.

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Sorry but no, nothing in the manga indicates that August and Irene are stronger than Zeref. In fact it was the opposite, Irene needed Zeref's enchantments to regain her human form. When August he kept crying about his dad problems so he would have lost to Zeref. Keep in mind that if Zeref was fighting Natsu to the punches it was because he was nerfed by the plot and its curses/contradictions issues.

A serious Zeref would have:

- stomped Ultear on Tenro instead of getting stomped
- no diffed Natsu like he no diffed Larcade
- no diffed Gildarts, Jellal and OS
- no diffed Erza and Wendy much easier than Irene

To protect Natsu from death, the author had to nerf him. Maybe August and Irene are better physically, but Zeref's versatility and immortality shits on them.
Don't argue with that guy. He's a lost cause. He thinks Irene is as strong as human acnologia. You have no idea how many trash takes he has. I'm not even exaggerating this time. I've seen him on Reddit to a few times. He's wank is crazy

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
For some reason zeref doesn't get forgiveness cuz of his performance against natsu but Irene gets forgiveness. Funny how that works. In a way natsu hard countered zeref, he was able to burn through zeref's spells, timestop infact anything with time seems to be ineffective against natsu. Zeref gets downplayed so bad that people think laxus can take him on back in x792. I saw someone on Reddit who said August is the strongest wizard on Alvarez I don't know if this person even knew that august was working under zeref. I'm not defending zeref infact he and his s12 will always be fodder to me but people really don't think about his situation. This is fairy tail, do you expect a boss villain to win against natsu? Lmao 😂
Zeref isn't a curvy milf that dress like a whore, so you won't have simp legions defending him like their life depend on it lmao. So Zeref gets shit on for his trash performance, while Eileen doesn't.
And part of the Zeref downplay is also of course a section of the fanbase refusing to acknowledge how insanely powerful DF Natsu or flames of emotions Natsu is as well relative to his allies, even Gildarts would get stomped.

Zeref literally upstaged Eileen in her own forte - enchantments. Transformed her into a human after centuries, instantly absorbed Mavis.
August says when faced with Acnologia "maybe Zeref can hope to match him with Fairy Heart", he doesn't even entertain the possibility with him absorbing FH instead.

Base Zeref > August/Eileen, there is no other way to interpret manga portrayal/narrative.

Zeref engaging in fist fight in the end is really just on Mashima's incompetence. Dude also made August, the magic king, engage in fist fight as well. Somewhere along the line, Mashima really forgot how to draw a damn mage fight in a series about mages.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I'm not even defending zeref's performance against natsu. He's performance was shit and trash. That goes for every single s12. But my deal is when people start saying shit like zeref is base spriggan level cuz he getting 1v1 by natsu lmao. That's just insane. Don't get me wrong tho zeref+s12 get packed up by selene. But saying shit like zeref is base spriggan 12 cuz he hand to hand combat with natsu is madness. Dude wasn't even taking the fight seriously. You think brandish and dimaria won't get folded by natsu no hax no BS? Lmao 😂
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Zeref literally upstaged Eileen in her own forte - enchantments.

Some people be tripping. Something she tried to solve for centuries zeref did in mere seconds like child play. Maybe Eileen has better physicals but apart from that she is nowhere near his league. Oh same with August. August just knows more magic type.

Steven

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Zeref shits on August and Irene.Thats not even a debate

BUT his lackluster performence were still shit.The strongest black MAGE ends up in a fist fight.Like ffs,this Manga is about mages.August was said to known more spells as even Zeref.In the end he just copied a bunch of stuff and barely used Magic.

Yeah,the manga made it clear that FT mages are also physical strong.But thats not the problem.Problem was that Zeref didnt use anything besides his fist.He used 1 curse to kill Larcade and 1 against Natsu to root him.

I expected more in Zerefs final fight.Way more.FH Zeref also just used 1 new ability via time rewind.To make it short,Zerefs final fight were disappointing.So was Acnos final fight.He barely used a single spell.For the 2 final villains,that was just a joke

Irenes final fight was simple better.It was a good combo of physical strength and spells.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

try and read
makes things clearer. Also zeref is Eileen's master and she was expecting punishment from him when she casted universe 1. August called himself and the remaining of his colleagues pawns for zeref