Misc Attempt - My Filterless Clean Attempt | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Misc Attempt My Filterless Clean Attempt

FANtomCore

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok I didn't use any filters whatsoever on this cleaning.

Note: Images aren't shown in there full dimensions and might look jagged, view image separately to see full size. Right-click on image and View Image, then delete "?w=1000" from the address part to see full dimension.

Here is the raw:

Here is my filterless clean attempt:

Last edited by a moderator:

OneClash

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is good! At the bottom though, you need to connect Kushina's shirt sleeve. It's cut off.

Name-Undecided

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The lines definitely look jagged. Maybe you ran the Burn tool over them by accident? That tends to ruin edges like crazy. There's still dirt in several places as well.

Edit: also the textures in her hair are washed out. If you don't want to overlevel them, you can use the filter mask to cover those parts before leveling. You can do this to any other details you don't want to lose.

Or you can manually replace the tone later if you have a matching one. I've seen this done before but the Manga Editors adopted a "one tone fits all" approach to the whole manga and the end result looked pretty bad. Be careful.

Last edited:

73rdStar

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
about the grey on the girls hair..what did you do to make it look like that?

DrPepperPro

MH Senpai
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's just from too much leveling. On this raw it should be a lot less, and then the grays look decent. But if they did get messed up from even a proper amount of leveling, then to fix that in most basic terms, delete the messed up gray areas so that another layer shows through. Whether that layer is the original raw or a slightly leveled one is dependent on how you want the grays to look. And you can do that in more advanced ways with layer masks and such, since deleting is less undo-able.

Also I added spoiler tags to the first post.