Anime - Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out) | Page 41 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out)

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
SD definitely got very very less time, but she didn't get as badly humiliated as the DK and you could actually feel SD being very strong as she no sold all of the sins attacks only till Meliodas and zeldris arrived
Nah she got humiliated even more

Diane; King, Gowther, Ban: If she hits us with another God thunder we will die

Supreme Deity: *hits them with another 2 and still doesn't kill them*

I mean she couldn't kill Diane a 8.8k giant who didn't dance to increase her PL or use heavy metal to defend herself, its bad fam

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Nah she got humiliated even more

Diane; King, Gowther, Ban: If she hits us with another God thunder we will die

Supreme Deity: *hits them with another 2 and still doesn't kill them*

I mean she couldn't kill Diane a 8.8k giant who didn't dance to increase her PL or use heavy metal to defend herself, its bad fam
Pretty sure they will die was on that sun attack, bruh did you just assume Diane stayed the same 8.8k till now 💀💀💀💀, dk like what threw so many attacks and all but the sins didn't even flinch but this hag made them to their knees in 2 attacks and could have killed them with the sun attack

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Pretty sure they will die was on that sun attack, bruh did you just assume Diane stayed the same 8.8k till now 💀💀💀💀, dk like what threw so many attacks and all but the sins didn't even flinch but this hag made them to their knees in 2 attacks and could have killed them with the sun attack
Right but she didn't even stand a chance against all the sins. The Demon King made everyone sweat and they had to work together. He was pretty bad but at least there was some level of threat.

Diane's rocks did nothing to the DK damage wise but here, the Supreme Deity has holes in her body from them.. and she's dealt with by only 2 of the group in like 3 minutes lol

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Right but she didn't even stand a chance against all the sins. The Demon King made everyone sweat and they had to work together. He was pretty bad but at least there was some level of threat.

Diane's rocks did nothing to the DK damage wise but here, the Supreme Deity has holes in her body from them.. and she's dealt with by only 2 of the group in like 3 minutes lol
All the sins were getting pressed by him because he was connected to the magic lake which unlimited magic supply till Diane made a platform and cut that connection, and from what I remember that was like he was also pushed back a lot from Diane throwing rocks lol, also were those holes??? Didn't appear like such to me. But let's also not forget that was Prime Demon king along with all his graces where as SD still had no graces and seemingly had just come back from the seal meaning she's heavily nerfed as hell, yet she performed way better than the Dk who was mostly just physical brawl
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I feel like she actually wanted the Seven Deadly Sins to kill her. She just lost her only motivation to alive. I almost fell bad for her.

Mighty Escanor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
OK, not a bad movie, not a good movie, 5/10 then!

@Zorra_akuma you are probably the happiest among us. Congratulations! I'm truly happy for you.

I agree with @OtakuFreak that Mel Zel relationship was worse than late NnT for no reason. But Studio Deen needed that excuse to dedicate an entire movie to their DaMaGeD relationship!

Dahlia and Dubs were awesome throughout the movie. The movie didn't told us anything about their past, but it's not a very serious problem for me. I never expect all my questions answered when watching a movie. For novels and series, it's more important to fill the holes and ask as many questions as possible, but single movies are a different story.

@OtakuFreak , Baruja is not an Indura of Favor. It was an old friend of Galand the truth, but not a former member of 10C. So Dahlia one shotted a regular Indura not an Indura of Favor.

Zel vs Dubs was the best part of movie imo. The action was nice, but the conversation was top-notch.

SD? Disappointing as expected.
Her face? Stupid as expected.
The blue eye was hers, but we didn't see her face probably. That disk disappeared sometimes probably because it was hard to draw, or they actually found out how stupid it would look at those shots lmao.

Gowther and Diane weren't much active during the show. This was to be expected to be honest.

Gowther against a god of brainwashing! He had no chance from the beginning to the very end. But his involvement in both the ceremony and the battle was nice.
Diane channelled SD's attack towards Earth with Gideon?
HEY DIANE, WHAT ABOUT ALL THE PLANTS AND ANIMALS WHO WILL SUFFER FROM THIS ACT OF YOURS?

I was satisfied with Ban's part in Cursed by Light. Purgatory's atmosphere is more dangerous than DK and SD's attack lol. Stupid but I like Ban, so I don't care.
Ban's snatch was the perfect technique to nullify Dahlia and Dubs' mind control mechanism. Nakaba found the best way to include Ban here. I was worried about Ban and Gowther's roles, but they were both satisfying at the end.

Escanor? Yup.

Mael was as lovely as always. I'd like it if he joined Mel and Zel in the final fight. But I love peaceful and considerate Mael more than Mael the murderer.

The weirdest part was final SD fight for sure. I'll write about it later.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Having watched the movie, maybe we were underestimating the Top Holy Knights all this time? I mean, they all looked legitimately comparable to Mael, so there's that :pogchamp

@OtakuFreak , Baruja is not an Indura of Favor. It was an old friend of Galand the truth, but not a former member of 10C. So Dahlia one shotted a regular Indura not an Indura of Favor.
I always thought Baruja was an Indura of Favor tbh. He could withstand the transformation without dying, which would imply his power level was at least in the 50000 range or more. He could very well have been one of the Ten Commandments prior to losing his mind due to the effects of the transformation (Galand is the oldest of the Ten Commandments, so Baruja could potentially have been one of the first commandments that got replaced once he went insane?).

Galand instantly thought of him the moment Monspeet and Derieri went into their Indura of Favor forms (even saying: "Once again, my comrades", which could support him being one of the prior commandments) and in chapter 316 an Indura of Favor is defined as a "legendary best reincarnated from the highest-ranked demons who have offered six of their seven hearts to the darkness". From here, it seems implied he's also an Indura of Favor. Galand seems to say the exact same.

Though now that I look it more closely, the definition in chapter 316 also mentions that those reincarnations come from the Ten Commandments who are loyal to the Demon King. The normal Induras are far weaker than that. It seems to imply that not all the highest-ranking demons become Induras of Favor, but only those who are in the "highest-ranked" category and have been bestowed a Decree by the Demon King (and thus, become one of the Ten Commandments) can become one. The Wikia doesn't list Baruja as an Indura of Favor either, which supports this point.

At the same time, Melascula described the Indura process as a "forbidden art ONLY PERMITTED by a limited number of us Ten Commandments". Considering Baruja could undergo the transformation in the same way as Derieri and Monspeet did, wouldn't that actually imply that he was one of them in the past?

If the Decree is the difference, would this imply that if Current Mel and Zel were to become Induras, they wouldn't be Induras of Favor because they no longer have their respective decrees? If this was the case, their Indura Forms could potentially be even weaker than Monspeet and Derieri's (since Induras of Favor >> Normal Induras), but I don't think this makes much sense (if at all)? Maybe the overall boost in comparison to their normal forms would be much less than if they were to become Induras of Favor (instead of Normal Induras), but this still wouldn't imply that their Indura Forms would be weaker because their base is ridiculously above the level of the Star Duo, if that makes sense.

Man, I wish Nakaba had gone more in-depth about the Indura concept. It seemed to be so cool, but along with a plethora of other concepts and plot points, it got wasted. I can't believe Monspeet and Derieri were the only demons that underwent the transformation.

Last edited:

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
OK, not a bad movie, not a good movie, 5/10 then!

@Zorra_akuma you are probably the happiest among us. Congratulations! I'm truly happy for you.

I agree with @OtakuFreak that Mel Zel relationship was worse than late NnT for no reason. But Studio Deen needed that excuse to dedicate an entire movie to their DaMaGeD relationship!

Dahlia and Dubs were awesome throughout the movie. The movie didn't told us anything about their past, but it's not a very serious problem for me. I never expect all my questions answered when watching a movie. For novels and series, it's more important to fill the holes and ask as many questions as possible, but single movies are a different story.

Zel vs Dubs was the best part of movie imo. The action was nice, but the conversation was top-notch.

SD? Disappointing as expected.
Her face? Stupid as expected.
The blue eye was hers, but we didn't see her face probably. That disk disappeared sometimes probably because it was hard to draw, or they actually found out how stupid it would look at those shots lmao.

Gowther and Diane weren't much active during the show. This was to be expected to be honest.

Gowther against a god of brainwashing! He had no chance from the beginning to the very end. But his involvement in both the ceremony and the battle was nice.
Diane channelled SD's attack towards Earth with Gideon?
HEY DIANE, WHAT ABOUT ALL THE PLANTS AND ANIMALS WHO WILL SUFFER FROM THIS ACT OF YOURS?

I was satisfied with Ban's part in Cursed by Light. Purgatory's atmosphere is more dangerous than DK and SD's attack lol. Stupid but I like Ban, so I don't care.
Ban's snatch was the perfect technique to nullify Dahlia and Dubs' mind control mechanism. Nakaba found the best way to include Ban here. I was worried about Ban and Gowther's roles, but they were both satisfying at the end.

Escanor? Yup.

Mael was as lovely as always. I'd like it if he joined Mel and Zel in the final fight. But I love peaceful and considerate Mael more than Mael the murderer.

The weirdest part was final SD fight for sure. I'll write about it later.
NOOOO peaceful Mael is a total pussy and how tf could you be injured by fodder goddesses and this guy being said to be the strongest archangel yo like wtf you could dominate them even without killing them 💀💀💀💀💀 honestly man I'm missing Estarossa now
Already RIP to the guy who's going to be the next sunshine user and this man his mentor

Also in the movie meliodas said like Dahlia's blows were nothing compared to Escanor who was an monster compared to him and showing the 114k and One version of Escanor during his fight in 231💀 so guess what an 114k Escanor can actually shit over Zeldris who got beaten badly by Dahlia who's nothing compared to Escanor
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Mael even is base is supposed to be far stronger than Estarossa(he maybe weak, but this dude is the Real Chad), Estarossa being someone whom the holy knights like gil, howser and all considered to be a monster. So how tf are they now somewhat comparable to base Mael!!!!!!!

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Also in the movie meliodas said like Dahlia's blows were nothing compared to Escanor who was an monster compared to him and showing the 114k and One version of Escanor during his fight in 231💀 so guess what an 114k Escanor can actually shit over Zeldris who got beaten badly by Dahlia who's nothing compared to Escanor
I think Zeldris would have taken a massive dump on Dahlia if he actually used the advanced Demon Mark at that point. I mean, going by their tag-team against the SD, it doesn't really look like he's much weaker than his older bro using the advanced Demon Mark (if at all, even more so when you factor that he can actually use his OG Magic, something that Mel can't do currently). Dabuzu's best asset couldn't even scratch him and I doubt that best asset could have plausibly been much weaker than Dahlia's attacks (assuming it was acctually weaker).

I know it doesn't make much sense, but hey, this is late NNT so you would be extremely hard-pressed to make sense of the power-scaling (along with a plethora of other things).

Mael even is base is supposed to be far stronger than Estarossa(he maybe weak, but this dude is the Real Chad), Estarossa being someone whom the holy knights like gil, howser and all considered to be a monster. So how tf are they now somewhat comparable to base Mael!!!!!!!
Even if you headcanon that the SD actually took his grace away given the fact that she could create something that looked like a Sun using her power, and even if you say that Mael wasn't trying to hurt his comrades, him being pushed this hard against them even while going easy doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. We're talking about people that even fucking Guila, Jericho, Howzer and Gil could afford to defeat very easily by themselves and without killing intent.

Base Mael being this weak is really far beyond understanding and it's just Nakaba not caring enough to give him some sort of relevance. If he was that weak, there'd have been no way that the Sins would have deemed him useful for the Camelot battle (even prior to gaining his Grace).

Well, I don't think we should try to make sense of the power-scaling of this movie in the first place anyway. Some things clearly go far beyond what you could possibly hope to explain with extreme mental gymnastics.

Last edited:

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Having watched the movie, maybe we were underestimating the Top Holy Knights all this time? I mean, they all looked legitimately comparable to Mael, so there's that :pogchamp

I always thought Baruja was an Indura of Favor tbh. He could withstand the transformation without dying, which would imply his power level was at least in the 50000 range or more. He could very well have been one of the Ten Commandments prior to losing his mind due to the effects of the transformation (Galand is the oldest of the Ten Commandments, so Baruja could potentially have been one of the first commandments that got replaced once he went insane?).

Galand instantly thought of him the moment Monspeet and Derieri went into their Indura of Favor forms (even saying: "Once again, my comrades", which could support him being one of the prior commandments) and in chapter 316 an Indura of Favor is defined as a "legendary best reincarnated from the highest-ranked demons who have offered six of their seven hearts to the darkness". From here, it seems implied he's also an Indura of Favor. Galand seems to say the exact same.

Though now that I look it more closely, the definition in chapter 316 also mentions that those reincarnations come from the Ten Commandments who are loyal to the Demon King. The normal Induras are far weaker than that. It seems to imply that not all the highest-ranking demons become Induras of Favor, but only those who are in the "highest-ranked" category and have been bestowed a Decree by the Demon King (and thus, become one of the Ten Commandments) can become one. The Wikia doesn't list Baruja as an Indura of Favor either, which supports this point.

At the same time, Melascula described the Indura process as a "forbidden art ONLY PERMITTED by a limited number of us Ten Commandments". Considering Baruja could undergo the transformation in the same way as Derieri and Monspeet did, wouldn't that actually imply that he was one of them in the past?

If the Decree is the difference, would this imply that if Current Mel and Zel were to become Induras, they wouldn't be Induras of Favor because they no longer have their respective decrees? If this was the case, their Indura Forms could potentially be even weaker than Monspeet and Derieri's (since Induras of Favor >> Normal Induras), but I don't think this makes much sense (if at all)? Maybe the overall boost in comparison to their normal forms would be much less than if they were to become Induras of Favor (instead of Normal Induras), but this still wouldn't imply that their Indura Forms would be weaker because their base is ridiculously above the level of the Star Duo, if that makes sense.

Man, I wish Nakaba had gone more in-depth about the Indura concept. It seemed to be so cool, but along with a plethora of other concepts and plot points, it got wasted. I can't believe Monspeet and Derieri were the only demons that underwent the transformation.
From what I understood from manga, high ranking demons with multiple hearts can turn into Indura. So Indura is like a general term for demons who have transformed from their base.

Indura of favor is kind of a subclass of Indura. They are the Indura form of the 10C.

So if Baruja has become Indura, it means he was a high ranking demon. But if 10Cs are the only high ranking demons who can transform, or there are no high ranking multihearted! demons aside from the 10C, the concept of Indura of Favor would be pointless because 100% of Indura would be Favor type and vice versa.

I know there are lots of uncertainties here, and we don't know the exact relationship between the decree and the concept of Indura of favor, but we do know what these terms exactly mean and what makes a difference between favor type Indura and a regular one. Favors are former 10C, while other types are not.

Last edited:

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
I think Zeldris would have taken a massive dump on Dahlia if he actually used the advanced Demon Mark at that point. I mean, going by their tag-team against the SD, it doesn't really look like he's much weaker than his older bro using the advanced Demon Mark (if at all, even more so when you factor that he can actually use his OG Magic, something that Mel can't do currently). Dabuzu's best asset couldn't even scratch him and I doubt that best asset could have plausibly been much weaker than Dahlia's attacks (assuming it was acctually weaker).

I know it doesn't make much sense, but hey, this is late NNT so you would be extremely hard-pressed to make sense of the power-scaling (along with a plethora of other things).

Even if you headcanon that the SD actually took his grace away given the fact that she could create something that looked like a Sun using her power, and even if you say that Mael wasn't trying to hurt his comrades, him being pushed this hard against them even while going easy doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. We're talking about people that even fucking Guila, Jericho, Howzer and Gil could afford to defeat very easily by themselves and without killing intent.

Base Mael being this weak is really far beyond understanding and it's just Nakaba not caring enough to give him some sort of relevance. If he was that weak, there'd have been no way that the Sins would have deemed him useful for the Camelot battle (even prior to gaining his Grace).

Well, I don't think we should try to make sense of the power-scaling of this movie in the first place anyway. Some things clearly go far beyond what you could possibly hope to explain with extreme mental gymnastics.
At this point Mael is but just an messenger and punching bag 😂😓😢 , dude literally was an punching bag the entire movie first took hundreds of ark beams from fellow goddesses for an unknown number of times, got his arm factured while punching those ark beams 💀, then again got attacked by SD's thunder God attack.
At this point I think Mael is definitely like an Escanor version of the goddess clan I. E weakest member but because of sunshine grace he became relevant (but again I don't want to go over how much of a pussy he was even with his grace) My god I really miss Estarossa, Mael should have kept esta's attitude for real

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Mael at his peak: A warrior who the entire Goddess clan relied on, his death changed everything and made the entire Goddess race commit suicide. Easily the single most important person in the war besides the Gods

Mael now: getting outclassed by fodder Goddesses and even the holy knights.

Mael really got shafted, more than Elizabeth lol

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Mael at his peak: A warrior who the entire Goddess clan relied on, his death changed everything and made the entire Goddess race commit suicide. Easily the single most important person in the war besides the Gods

Mael at his peak should still be fodder to current tiers, since prime mael was just prime mel equal both of those have far been surpassed now and that infamous lines by Mael even with sunshine that he's no match for the demon king even when it was probably near noon and high noon was nearing, he just said no I can't fight someone so powerful he's way beyond me. Tho reasonably thinking since he's just prime mel equivalent he shouldn't actually be any tier near DK so that's fine

But base Mael who's hyped to the strongest Archangel was needed help for Camelot fight, was far stronger than estarossa even in base etc etc to be treated like this so badly is not at all reasonable, like I can't even think of any valid point for such an nerf

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Pointless movie. Basically served to close the plotline of the Supreme Deity and just that. The stakes were non-existent considering the epilogue of the original series reveals all the important characters survived (except Escanor :teehee) and Dahlia and Dubs were a joke (I find offensive the movie even tried to portray them as legitimate threats when it was obvious they were gonna take a big, fat L). Only redeeming quality of the movie was the animation, tbh.

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
From what I understood from manga, high ranking demons with multiple hearts can turn into Indura. So Indura is like a general term for demons who have transformed from their base.

Indura of favor is kind of a subclass of Indura. They are the Indura form of the 10C.

So if Baruja has become Indura, it means he was a high ranking demon. But if 10Cs are the only high ranking demons who can transform, or there are no high ranking multihearted! demons aside from the 10C, tje concept of Indura of Favor would be pointless because 100 of Indura would be Favor type and vice versa.

I know there are lots of uncertainties here, and we don't know the exact relationship between the decree and the concept of Indura of favor, but we do know what these terms exactly mean and what makes a difference between favor type Indura and a regular one. Favors are former 10C, while other types are not.
This seems like the most sensible interpretation. Indura is the true nature of high-ranking demons who are 50K+ in PL (beneath that, you die as you can't handle the transformation), but seeing how Induras of Favor are separated from the normal Induras, then it comes to sense that not all the 50K+ demons become Induras of Favor when they transform. Being one of the 10C seems to be the other requirement to become an Indura of Favor (and the only thing that separates the Ten Commandments from the rest of high-ranking demons are the decrees).

So I guess it comes down to whether Baruja used to be a member of the Ten Commandments (and thus, had a decree) or not, but if this interpretation is 100% what Nakaba wanted to say then this would mean that there are demons who exceed the 50K+ PL mark beside the Ten Commandments, the Demon Princes and Masters which were never shown. At least 4 (Retribution which is Baruja and he was already shown; Ashes, Time, Resentment and Thunder), maybe even more considering Nakaba was just putting examples. Geez... talk about unexplored concepts. The Chimera Indura that the Sins faced should have been a former Ten Commandment who was at least around the 50K mark too.

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
This seems like the most sensible interpretation. Indura is the true nature of high-ranking demons who are 50K+ in PL (beneath that, you die as you can't handle the transformation), but seeing how Induras of Favor are separated from the normal Induras, then it comes to sense that not all the 50K+ demons become Induras of Favor when they transform. Being one of the 10C seems to be the other requirement to become an Indura of Favor (and the only thing that separates the Ten Commandments from the rest of high-ranking demons are the decrees).

So I guess it comes down to whether Baruja used to be a member of the Ten Commandments (and thus, had a decree) or not, but if this interpretation is 100% what Nakaba wanted to say then this would mean that there are demons who exceed the 50K+ PL mark beside the Ten Commandments, the Demon Princes and Masters which were never shown. At least 4 (Retribution which is Baruja and he was already shown; Ashes, Time, Resentment and Thunder), maybe even more considering Nakaba was just putting examples. Geez... talk about unexplored concepts. The Chimera Indura that the Sins faced should have been a former Ten Commandment who was at least around the 50K mark too.
I'm not sure of it, but the six knights of black might regard as an example here.
They were 10C candidates, and I don't remember if their failure was confirmed to have anything to do with their power level.
Although I admit it's hard to talk about Indura based on little info Nakaba's provided.

NOOOO peaceful Mael is a total pussy and how tf could you be injured by fodder goddesses and this guy being said to be the strongest archangel yo like wtf you could dominate them even without killing them 💀💀💀💀💀 honestly man I'm missing Estarossa now
Already RIP to the guy who's going to be the next sunshine user and this man his mentor

There's no doubt Estarossa is one of the best characters of NnT. In fact, Mael was an interesting antagonist for this series, and 4C Mael was several times better than DK and SD combined!

About that offensive Escanor mention:

Meliodas: Oh, Dhalia, you are strong, but I've fought a real monster before.

Me: Nakaba dear, did you write Escanor's Gaiden yourself? Was you drunk or sick or something?

Escanor: Is it pain I feel in my heart Rosa? He called me a monster!

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain

Going by movie feats, I'd rather argue Guila can beat Mael's ass with about High Diff at the most. She was handling the fodder Goddesses as good as him (if not better tbh), but what truly makes the difference is that Mael had to be saved by her. If it wasn't for that, Mael would have been in trouble while Guila would have kept going defeating the Goddesses. Both were injured prior to making this comparison of feats, so it's completely fair.

So here we are. Holy Knight Guila stronger than the Angel of Death with a whooping confirmed PL of 1350 and going by feats and portrayal.

I'm not sure of it, but the six knights of black might regard as an example here.
They were 10C candidates, and I don't remember if their failure was confirmed to have anything to do with their power level.
Although I admit it's hard to talk about Indura based on little info Nakaba's provided.
It's plausible. I would need to re-watch the first movie (and I don't think it's worth it personally lol), but I think that amongst all of them, Bellion is the one that could potentially have a shot in having a 50K+ PL by feats. The rest I don't think so. IIRC, one of its members couldn't outright instantly fodderize Pre-Purgatory Ban (then again, Mael in this film doesn't look better than Guila so idk if that constitutes an argument judging for the quality of the current power-scaling haha).

Vortigern

Reaction score
Country
Finland
A pretty meh movie overall. I liked seeing Dahlia and Dubs and the demon realm. The SD was underwhelming and it didn't feel like there was proper closure to her defeat. I couldn't even tell whether she actually died or not. The DK refused to admit defeat and seemed afraid of being killed towards the end, but the SD didn't show any fear at all even when her body disintegrated. The Supreme Karen just ranted about the holy war and the Age of Chaos and then screamed in pain before vanishing. It was so anticlimactic that I kind of expect her to still be alive in soul form. The fight itself was a bit messy because of all the flashy lights and I also don't approve of the decision to use CGI on her instead of animating her by hand. Some of her movements were very stiff as is frequently the case with CGI.

The one very minor thing that surprised me in the movie was the Indura. I expected Nakaba to use one of the remaining two sketches he drew back when the Indura were first introduced, but he actually opted to re-use Baruja from the first movie. I guess it could have been a different Indura that just looked identical to Baruja, but so far they have all had unique designs so I kind of doubt that. IIRC Baruja was merely sealed in the finale of the first movie, so perhaps it ended up breaking free during the holy war or maybe this was Nakaba's way of establishing that nothing in that movie was canon. Either way, the Indura are definitely something I want to see explored more in the sequel. Perhaps start off with some of the weaker types this time around instead of jumping straight to the strongest one.

That's pretty much how I interpreted it. If Meliodas without a Commandment transformed into an Indura he would be weaker than if he did it with a Commandment, but obviously his base power would still make him stronger than basically all other Indura. I mean he's already stronger than any of them even without transforming.

I think the reason why the Indura of Favor are the strongest is because the Commandments influence the process. When transforming, Monspeet and Derieri talked about forming a contract and freeing up their true natures, which fits the idea that the Indura transformation is about making a pact with the Darkness that the DK and by extension the demon clan as a whole embody. The fact that they're holding a piece of the DK's power inside them could allow them to transform more completely than the other Indura types and thus allow them to reach greater strength. This would also explain why the DK did not transform into an Indura, because he obviously can't bestow more power to himself.

So if Baruja has become Indura, it means he was a high ranking demon. But if 10Cs are the only high ranking demons who can transform, or there are no high ranking multihearted! demons aside from the 10C, tje concept of Indura of Favor would be pointless because 100 of Indura would be Favor type and vice versa.

My understanding of the mechanics is the same as yours. I've always been fascinated by the different classifications especially since Nakaba did basically nothing to explain them. My entirely unsubstantiated headcanon theory about the types is that they describe different ways of becoming an Indura. The Indura of Favor are called that because they received the favor of the DK in the form of a Commandment, which also improved their transformation process. Based on what Galand said about Baruja, his/her transformation was the same but the Indura's title was different, implying that an Indura of Retribution is formed when someone who has not received the favor of the DK performs the same ritual. There's no obvious connection to the title there so it would have to be some kind of thematic mumbo jumbo about how those who have not received a favor are just acting out in retribution or some such nonsense.

The remaining types are more interesting because the previous two basically cover all the intentional transformations. The remaining Indura would have to be something else entirely. This is full on speculation territory, but if there are wild Indura roaming in the demon realm, then perhaps some of them are just created organically without any kind of a ritual where they intentionally sacrifice themselves? That way the only requirement would be for a high ranking demon with a power level of over 50000 to lose 6 of their hearts in some manner. A really old demon gets so frail that six of their hearts give out? You get an Indura of Time. A demon loses 6 of their hearts in some weird sudden accident like a natural disaster? Boom, Indura of Thunder. Indura of Ashes gives me the impression of some kind of phoenix type of deal and it would also be interesting if there was a category for a transformation that was triggered by someone else. Maybe that could be the Indura of Resentment, who were forcefully transformed without their consent and would thus resent their situation?

So I guess it comes down to whether Baruja used to be a member of the Ten Commandments (and thus, had a decree) or not, but if this interpretation is 100% what Nakaba wanted to say then this would mean that there are demons who exceed the 50K+ PL mark beside the Ten Commandments, the Demon Princes and Masters which were never shown.
Keep in mind that Chandler and Cusack, the first demons, were 6000 years old, which shouldn't include the 3000 years they spent inside the seal because that's the way it works for all the other demons whose ages have been revealed. That's quite a few generations worth of demons with Indura potential, especially since the ones present in the main story seem to all be fairly young. Zeldris is 252, Meliodas shouldn't be much older than that physically, Derieri was 377, Monspeet was 415. Demon Gowther is a likely candidate as well and he was 460. That's 4 or 5 demons with Indura potential born in a period of 300 years. With that kind of math you could expect there to have been a total of 80-100 demons with Indura potential in the 6000 years before the holy war. No wonder there's a bunch of them roaming around the demon realm or kept as pets. With those kind of numbers you would also start to recognize distinct types, which could be where the different titles come from.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Mael at his peak should still be fodder to current tiers, since prime mael was just prime mel equal both of those have far been surpassed now and that infamous lines by Mael even with sunshine that he's no match for the demon king even when it was probably near noon and high noon was nearing, he just said no I can't fight someone so powerful he's way beyond me. Tho reasonably thinking since he's just prime mel equivalent he shouldn't actually be any tier near DK so that's fine

But base Mael who's hyped to the strongest Archangel was needed help for Camelot fight, was far stronger than estarossa even in base etc etc to be treated like this so badly is not at all reasonable, like I can't even think of any valid point for such an nerf
Prime Mael is still in the top ten of all characters though. His portrayal is bad after his arc was done but even some of the sins have yet to surpass him if we use LOGIC and not what mood Nakaba is in on the day of writing Taizai.

Going by movie feats, I'd rather argue Guila can beat Mael's ass with about High Diff at the most. She was handling the fodder Goddesses as good as him (if not better tbh), but what truly makes the difference is that Mael had to be saved by her. If it wasn't for that, Mael would have been in trouble while Guila would have kept going defeating the Goddesses. Both were injured prior to making this comparison of feats, so it's completely fair.

So here we are. Holy Knight Guila stronger than the Angel of Death with a whooping confirmed PL of 1350 and going by feats and portrayal.

It's plausible. I would need to re-watch the first movie (and I don't think it's worth it personally lol), but I think that amongst all of them, Bellion is the one that could potentially have a shot in having a 50K+ PL by feats. The rest I don't think so. IIRC, one of its members couldn't outright instantly fodderize Pre-Purgatory Ban (then again, Mael in this film doesn't look better than Guila so idk if that constitutes an argument judging for the quality of the current power-scaling haha).
Imagine wanking Mael this hard, SMH it's very clear even Griamore could fodderize Mael. He was able to block the Goddesses ark whereas Mael needed to be saved by King from them.

I expected better from you @Shadowlord123. Guila would fucking decimate Mael and one-shot him with brilliant detonation. Maybe his noon form would need two of them, but that's underestimating Guila. She was Gowther's girlfriend and as such, possesses hax magic since she's a relative to the Demon Gowther who mind-raped everyone, including the Gods. Honestly? Guiila is probably relative to even the Gods at this point /s

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Imagine wanking Mael this hard, SMH it's very clear even Griamore could fodderize Mael. He was able to block the Goddesses ark whereas Mael needed to be saved by King from them.

I expected better from you @Shadowlord123. Guila would fucking decimate Mael and one-shot him with brilliant detonation. Maybe his noon form would need two of them, but that's underestimating Guila. She was Gowther's girlfriend and as such, possesses hax magic since she's a relative to the Demon Gowther who mind-raped everyone, including the Gods. Honestly? Guiila is probably relative to even the Gods at this point /s
Could Mael even beat a Red Demon though? They aren't quite as powerful as Guila, but neither is Mael going by this movie. I guess a Red Demon might still be too much for the Angel of Death? He could probably triumph over them at Noon giving him the benefit of the doubt.

A Gray Demon is definitely too much. Dark Snow kills Noon Mael in one shot.