Match - Nanjirou VS Volk | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Match Nanjirou VS Volk

Nanjirou VS Volk

• Nanjirou

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • Volk

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Both beats #1 player in the world in their time. Volk is younger right now, but I'm sure if Nanjirou old enough for it to negatively impact his tennis ability yet.

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Probably Nanjirou. He has a plethora of more experience. Nanjirou also tended to toy with opponents because he was so powerful while Volk had to use a broken trump card to accomplish the same feat.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Probably Nanjirou. He has a plethora of more experience. Nanjirou also tended to toy with opponents because he was so powerful while Volk had to use a broken trump card to accomplish the same feat.
Eh, not really. Volk won against the number one in the world AND got a broken upgrade after that.

If it's prime Nanji then I go with him but... Retired monk Nanjirou that hasn't played a proper opponent in over a decade? Not sure.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Eh, not really. Volk won against the number one in the world AND got a broken upgrade after that.

If it's prime Nanji then I go with him but... Retired monk Nanjirou that hasn't played a proper opponent in over a decade? Not sure.
I think Nanjirou would beat him but really close, also Nanjirou probably hasn’t the same stamina as Volk so maybe Volk could outlast him and Volk’s Spiraltaufe is too broken, however Nanjirou should have the right mental to break out of it.

Nanjirou might have something else to turn the tides too, I think Nanji wins but really close

Jyten

Reaction score
Country
United States
At Volk's current level, I think he's below prime Nanjiro and current Nanjiro.

Explanation - Prime Nanjiro >= Ryoga right now, Ryoga > Volk due to expectation/hype. Byo didn't want to f with Ryoga even a little bit.

Explanation - Current Nanjiro, he seems still bored with tennis. Even though Nanjiro is old, I would expect him to challenge any/all rando's just to get a challenge. He doesn't appear to be out of shape.

That being said in a few years Volk should be better than current Nanjiro.

It's still insane that Ryoma is like 5 foot nothing /151 cm and 110 pounds / 50kg? And Nanjiro is 5'8 / 178 cm = probably about 225? lbs / 102? kg. Ryoma's down 8" and a 100 pounds.

The composite lightest/smallest top tennis player is 163 cm / 64 kg. 14 kg and 12 cm is an insane disadvantage when you get to the best of the best world class athletes. Logically, Ryoma is the best tennis player that has ever lived or will ever live at maximizing the output of his muscles.

RadicalEdward

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nanjirou has shown the ability to break racquet guts, Tezuka (Nanjirou) Zone, nitouryu, PoP, Closed Eyes, and is an undefeated player. He has shown all of this other than PoP while retired for 12+ years, all without even breaking a sweat. I doubt he loses to a high schooler. The only player who might beat him is Wimbledon! Tezuka.

Ganonslayer101

Reaction score
Country
United States
Something that occurred to me that I think seals the deal for me. When Volk saw the resulting imprints of the Tezuka Zone, he immediately wanted to find this player, even traveling cross-country for it.
Nanjirou not only can use the same move but likely is the inventor of the technique.
Throw in PoP, Nitoryu, One-footed Split Step, Ever-increasing Concentration plus whatever else he has and I think it's a really solid Nanjirou victory.

Explanation - Prime Nanjiro >= Ryoga right now, Ryoga > Volk due to expectation/hype. Byo didn't want to f with Ryoga even a little bit.
I refuse to use Ryoga as a qualifier for anything until the mechanics of Consume are explained. With current understanding, Ryoga barely even needs to be any better than G20 because his opponent just loses the ability to hit shots once he's returned them.

It's like Yips so far, Yuki just takes away Senses because [Reason Not Found] and Ryoga just takes away your ability to play Tennis because [Reason Not Found]

Adamska

Reaction score
Country
Iran

Explanation - Current Nanjiro, he seems still bored with tennis. Even though Nanjiro is old, I would expect him to challenge any/all rando's just to get a challenge. He doesn't appear to be out of shape.

That being said in a few years Volk should be better than current Nanjiro.

It's still insane that Ryoma is like 5 foot nothing /151 cm and 110 pounds / 50kg? And Nanjiro is 5'8 / 178 cm = probably about 225? lbs / 102? kg. Ryoma's down 8" and a 100 pounds.

The composite lightest/smallest top tennis player is 163 cm / 64 kg. 14 kg and 12 cm is an insane disadvantage when you get to the best of the best world class athletes. Logically, Ryoma is the best tennis player that has ever lived or will ever live at maximizing the output of his muscles.
Byodoin didn't want to fight Vs Ryoga?
I remember pretty well that he said: this guy is dangerous, that is so much different of not fighting Vs him!
He choose to face Strongest man called Monster Volk!
If you take a good look (deep in characters) in Boss, you knew that he is not such a person in no way!
Right now he is one of top three players (there is no number) along Volk and third spot is empty right now.
We don't know much about Ryoga and his ability + weakness and ... or Medanore and Tokugawa too (+ upcoming potential)
Right now there are conversation about who is stronger or who is not but, all of them are based on theory and ... (some of them may become true)
So best thing is wait and see...

Jyten

Reaction score
Country
United States
I refuse to use Ryoga as a qualifier for anything until the mechanics of Consume are explained. With current understanding, Ryoga barely even needs to be any better than G20 because his opponent just loses the ability to hit shots once he's returned them.

It's like Yips so far, Yuki just takes away Senses because [Reason Not Found] and Ryoga just takes away your ability to play Tennis because [Reason Not Found]
Yeah, but he does have Consume and with Consume he ended Ralph's whole career(?). At the end of the match, Ryoga didn't look that flustered or tired. Whereas Byo looked utterly destroyed after playing Volk. If they rematched the next day, Volk beats Byo 99% of the time. Ryoga should be the final boss. That's the only estimation I'm trying to use him for.

As annoying as it is Consume is fundamental to how Ryoga plays "seriously". It's a part of how we estimate him. Same with Yuki, Yuki can't play with out Yips and be serious. So, we have no idea how strong Yuki is without yips. I'm sure Ryoma will beat Consume with the power of love, hope, friendship, ect. So, it will definitely have a "weakness". Maybe Ryoma destroys/seals Consume forever. And then we could estimate Ryoga's true power. If we get a New New Prince of Tennis.

Even saying Byo is better than Volk feels a bit off to me. Was he better on the day, of course. Is Byo > Volk in multiple tournaments going at the same time. I say no.

Ryoga vs Byo, I stand by that Ryoga is better than Byo. It's entirely due to hype and expectations. And I'm happy to leave it as that. In my mind, Ryoga either tried to challenge Byo or Ryoga knows he's already better than Byo after seeing Byo play. Ryoga should be like Nanjiro, constantly seeking out the best to beat them. So, there's no reason why Ryoga wouldn't be salivating at a worthwhile opponent.

Byo is a bad leader. Simple as that. He can still be a phenomenal star player but an amazing captain he is not.

Negatives as a leader - attacks current members players that he plans to use (Toku), greatly underestimates Ryoma's overall value, only provides negative feedback and fear.

Positives as a leader - save a girl that got them Duke? Holds everything together by being the "best" player? -> Which is totally irrelevant since the U-17 Japanese organization does that as well.

In contrast, Atobe is a far better captain that Byo.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yeah, but he does have Consume and with Consume he ended Ralph's whole career(?). At the end of the match, Ryoga didn't look that flustered or tired. Whereas Byo looked utterly destroyed after playing Volk. If they rematched the next day, Volk beats Byo 99% of the time. Ryoga should be the final boss. That's the only estimation I'm trying to use him for.

As annoying as it is Consume is fundamental to how Ryoga plays "seriously". It's a part of how we estimate him. Same with Yuki, Yuki can't play with out Yips and be serious. So, we have no idea how strong Yuki is without yips. I'm sure Ryoma will beat Consume with the power of love, hope, friendship, ect. So, it will definitely have a "weakness". Maybe Ryoma destroys/seals Consume forever. And then we could estimate Ryoga's true power. If we get a New New Prince of Tennis.

Even saying Byo is better than Volk feels a bit off to me. Was he better on the day, of course. Is Byo > Volk in multiple tournaments going at the same time. I say no.

Ryoga vs Byo, I stand by that Ryoga is better than Byo. It's entirely due to hype and expectations. And I'm happy to leave it as that. In my mind, Ryoga either tried to challenge Byo or Ryoga knows he's already better than Byo after seeing Byo play. Ryoga should be like Nanjiro, constantly seeking out the best to beat them. So, there's no reason why Ryoga wouldn't be salivating at a worthwhile opponent.

Byo is a bad leader. Simple as that. He can still be a phenomenal star player but an amazing captain he is not.

Negatives as a leader - attacks current members players that he plans to use (Toku), greatly underestimates Ryoma's overall value, only provides negative feedback and fear.

Positives as a leader - save a girl that got them Duke? Holds everything together by being the "best" player? -> Which is totally irrelevant since the U-17 Japanese organization does that as well.

In contrast, Atobe is a far better captain that Byo.
The reason Byo attacked Tokugawa before and during their match was to prevent that he took the path of darkness like he did himself (when he threw himself into that deep hole that Ojii told him that nobody know what lies underneath that plus it was dangerous) and not taking the right way of Asura’s Divine Path.

However as a captain he isn’t good because of his philosophy, however as a leader he has shown much more leadership and temple than Atobe, Byodouin even wanted to change Mifune’s thoughts on putting Duke in S1 and he cares for the team in his own way. As a leader, he has shown much more qualities than Atobe ever did, even Atobe didn’t give order to others or displayed captain qualities.

Airarin153

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Nanjiroh will win. He is not loosing his touch lol. Remember, it is Implied that he ALWAYS PLAYED TENNIS with Ryoma after He goes back from Schools. That is when Ryoma said he always lose to one person. In every match he lose to him. Maybe the intensity is decreasing after Ryoma come to Middle school but still his Skills is not rusted. Also he still coaching a world Team meants he is still actively using his knowledge. There is no way he lose to current Volk. Also Volk only the strongest among U-17 years old player. There is still many stronger opponents in the higher level world above u - 17. Thats why Nanjiroh always said Ryoma still played Kids Tennis lol. Because there will be huge difference in the level of U-17 with the level of wolrd above it.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
It's kinda funny how similar their trajectories are:
-Pro for less than 2 years.
-Never defeated.
-Won against the number 1 in the world.

There is no way he lose to current Volk. Also Volk only the strongest among U-17 years old player. There is still many stronger opponents in the higher level world above u - 17.
Not really. Volk never lost as a pro and even won against the number 1 in the world... and then unlocked his strongest move, the Infinite Tornado, against Byouoduin.

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It's kinda funny how similar their trajectories are:
-Pro for less than 2 years.
-Never defeated.
-Won against the number 1 in the world.

Not really. Volk never lost as a pro and even won against the number 1 in the world... and then unlocked his strongest move, the Infinite Tornado, against Byouoduin.
Well, we are not sure how many games did Volk played as a pro yet.

But Also, these current #1 players in pro level I think will be outmatched by this new gen.

Even Tezuka is being implied to win wimbledon in future. And tezuka is not even in top 10 strongest player in this Under 17. Lol

Having said that. I still have Nanjiro over Volk