Naruto 301 grammar questions ( HOT THRUSTING !! MISSIONARY ACTION !!) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Naruto 301 grammar questions ( HOT THRUSTING !! MISSIONARY ACTION !!)

Leech

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Thanks for the invite NJT.

Some of the grammar points in 301 that I'm not familiar with:

笑顔を作ってはみても

What does the ha and mo mean?

ボクは何かと嫌われやすいタイプみたいだ・・・

Could someone explain the grammar for this? Especially the われやすい

ナルトくんにも嫌われたばかりだってのに

And these two?

でもナルトくんと比べれば
君との方が仲良く出来そうなんだけどな

But compared to Naruto-kun, I think we are more likely to make friends dakedona. Correct? Close? dakedona?

hokagechokkatsubutai...
anbukouseiinno
risuto no utsu shika

What is the shika? I couldn't find chokkatsubutai on www.nihongoresources.com

centimetre

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
直轄部隊
ちょっかつぶたい
= offensive division IIRC

and I think it's... "list no utsushi ka" 写し=copy

er.. I don't know the other grammar stuff either.. I'd like to know!!!! :O anyone?

Iwanin

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Leech said:
Thanks for the invite NJT.

Some of the grammar points in 301 that I'm not familiar with:

笑顔を作ってはみても

What does the ha and mo mean?
笑顔を作ってはみても = 笑顔を作ってみても with added emphasis . In other words, the "ha" (read "wa") is meant to add stress to the meaning. "Mo" is plain and simple "mo", i.e., "also/even".

笑顔を作ってみる = To try to make a smiling face.

Thus, literally "even if I try to make a smiling face..."

Leech said:
ボクは何かと嫌われやすいタイプみたいだ・・・
Boku = I
ha = topic particle (wa)
nanikato (something like)
kiwareyasui = easy to hate
taipu = Engrish for "type"
mitai da = looks like/seems like.

yasui, when used as a suffix, means "easy to". You connect Yasui to the nominalized form of the verb you wish to modify.

Kirawareru -> kiraware

Kirawareru is the ukemi (passive form) of the verb "kirau" (to hate). Thus, it means "to be hated".

So, we have

kiraware + yasui = "Easily hated"

The opposite are "nikui" and "gatai". Both mean "hard to", but "nikui" means that the nature of the object modified makes doing something difficult, while "gatai" implies that the action is difficult to perform for the person attempting it.

Leech said:
Could someone explain the grammar for this? Especially the われやすい
Right, so "ware" is part of "kiwareyasui".

Leech said:
ナルトくんにも嫌われたばかりだってのに
Lit. "Naruto-kun also only hated me (regret implied by the "no ni", if I'm not mistaken)."

Leech said:
でもナルトくんと比べれば
君との方が仲良く出来そうなんだけどな

But compared to Naruto-kun, I think we are more likely to make friends dakedona. Correct? Close? dakedona?
A bit more literally, "But it looks like I'll get along better with you than I did with Naruto." "Demo" and "dakedo" can both be read as "but". "Na" is just a friendly prompt (like ne).

Leech said:
hokagechokkatsubutai...
anbukouseiinno
risuto no utsu shika

What is the shika? I couldn't find chokkatsubutai on www.nihongoresources.com
Well, shika means deer, but it's like the "wareyasui" thing...

In other words, you need to look up the words like this...

Hokage chokkatsu butai, Anbu kousei in no risuto no utsushi ka

And that is your homework, young grasshopper.

With a bit more experience, you'll learn to tell when one term ends and the others begin, and this'll make looking up terms in the dictionary that much easier. In the meantime, do what I do when I come across a composite word I'm not familiar with: look up all possible combinations of the characters. :amuse

Nihongaeri

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Leech said:
ナルトくんにも嫌われたばかりだってのに
Just a little bit of follow-up on this... だってのに is effectively だというのに. Its "typical" usage would be something like 二日酔いだってのに良く飲む気になるな (shamelessly ripped from the internet), in other words something like "despite having a hangover, you sure didn't have any problems decideding you wanted to drink"... In other words, you could say it's something like "despite being the case of".

At any rate, in the usage you cited above, as Iwanin noted, it's probably best said to represent regret, or disbelief, or maybe frustration actually for this case. At any rate, it represents feeling that can be easially communicated with a really big *SIGH*.

Anonymous Spore

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
*drops in for no good reason*

Can't the 'no ni' bit also be used to express derisive sarcasm, or to say something you don't really mean?

Chokkatsu butai means a division under the direct control of someone or something. So Hokage Chokkatsu Butai would mean a division under the Hokage's command.

Hope that helps?

Iwanin

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Anonymous Spore said:
*drops in for no good reason*

Can't the 'no ni' bit also be used to express derisive sarcasm, or to say something you don't really mean?
Hmmm... to my knowledge, not directly, no. That is to say, no more than a big *SIGH* would. Of course, just like you could follow a derisive remark or a sarcastic one with a *SIGH*, I guess you could add "no ni" - like, saying you regret something and uttering a false sigh when you obviously don't.

Nick?

centimetre

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
ah, sweet, I got most of it (hoho, I was just guessing blindly =_=)

thanks for the "no ni" info, that one puzzled the hell out of me (I left it out of my translation =_=;;;; *swt*)

Nihongaeri

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Iwanin said:
Hmmm... to my knowledge, not directly, no.
Yeah... I'm not aware of any specific uses of のに that particularly cue sarcastic meaning. That's not to it can't be used in sarcastic statements, but then again, virtually any statement has the potential to become sarcastic/insincere/facetious, it's just a matter of when/how it's said.