Naruto 580: XXX | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Naruto 580: XXX

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hi...so this thread will collect all the ideas and scripts, and will contain the final version of the review as well...
Basically anything Naruto review related....

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

I though about how we should write the review...I thought off dividing it into 5 main parts besides the short intro and end credits
Format
- Intro
I. Analysis
1. Small summary of the chapter that focuses how the chapter is built up from the beginning til the end, and identifies a main message or core of the chapter...
2. Character development, dialogue analysis, or any other stuff that is related to characters
3. Plot development, pace, new revelations/info...basically anything that moves or doesn't move the plot forward, or anything that expands the lore
4. Art analysis...paneling, details, facial expressions, pace, etc...
5. Action....how well is it executed, how complex it was, how boring it was, basically a separate analysis just on the action part...jutsus used, jutsus that could have been used instead

II. Impressions
- from all of us on the 5 categories mentioned above and scores from all of us...(that's why I chose 5 categories, so that we can easily score each category and then add them together....can use 0, 0.1, 0.7 so basically the marks are not just 0 or 1)

III. Predictions

- Credits

Participants on this project

KiSwordsman- characters
Delbi - action

Last edited:

KiSwordsman

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I can take characters again for this week.

Delbi

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I've got action.

KiSwordsman

Reaction score
Country
United States
My part

580 Characters

I might have also explained to much of the plot. If it's good enough for the review, it can be used for the plot section. that's if jdw doesn't have a chance to turn in his part.

In this chapter the focus is once again entirely on the fight between the Uchiha brothers and Kabuto. This chapter was mostly about the bond and teamwork of Sasuke and Itachi. However, the interesting parts of the chapter came from Itachi and Kabuto.

Kabuto's jutsu served to add a little substance to his claim last week. I also find it interesting due to the fact that the technique seemed like a Ninjutsu with Genjutsu elements. The technique itself was tangible, but the effect was akin to that of a genjutsu, in that it'ns main purpose was to screw with the Uchiha's senses completely. Despite what I originally believed, this technique still classifies fully a ninjutsu because all the effects were tangible as well. The dialogue of the chapter made it seem like the only reason the technique did not accomplish anything was because Kabuto second guessed himself. Unsurprisingly, his plan of action was predicted by Itachi and the aforementioned Uchiha acted accordingly. After his plan proves unsuccessful, Kabuto shows that arrogance is not the only thing that he inherited from his old master. He proceeds to try and sew distrust between the brothers. This however, also proves unsuccessful, as it only serves to strengthen the Uchiha's bond, leading to an in battle flashback that further explores Itachi and Sasuke's relationship before the murder of the Uchiha Clan. The flashback shows a coordinated attack by the Uchiha brothers, mostly Itachi, to subdue a boar. Kabuto substitutes for the boar in the present, and unlike in the flashback, Sasuke lands his target this time. The whole ordeal winds up with Kabuto faking vulnerability, while Itachi moves in to strike. Kabuto thinks hes pulled a fast one on Itachi, but what he thinks is Itachi, turns out to be a mere crow clone. Itachi uses his Crows as a distraction to take his brother's sword back and land a minor blow on Kabuto with it. Due to the fact that they have to stop Edo Tensei first before they can kill Kabuto, it is unclear whether this attack by Itachi was intentional or not. Itachi returns to Sasuke side, joking about how Sasuke would be able to handle the boar now. Sasuke replies by saying their main focus is the snake in front of them.

In this chapter Itachi showed great leadership and analytical skills. Which itself is not surprising considering that he was an ANBU captain at the age of 13. His humorous side makes a minor return as well, which is always refreshing. Kabuto shows great intelligence with the nature of his technique, and his attempt to try and plant a seed of distrust between the brothers. With each passing chapter he shows that he is not only similar to Orochimaru in techniques, but in his overall attitude and thought process as well. Once again, I cannot say much for Sasuke. The only thing that seems to be happening with him is the fact that he seems to be mellowing out.

Impressions

I didn't really enjoy the chapter this week. The parts from Itachi and Kabuto were interesting. However, the flashback, in my opinion, was crap. Well, that and the use of susanoo. I already explained my grievances with susanoo last week, so I won't get into that again. I will say that susanoo wasn't the only thing that was used this week so that was good. The flashback though, seemed extremely forced. Are we honestly supposed to believe that after 8 plus years of holding unrestrained hatred for his brother, Sasuke's coordination and bond with Itachi is supposed to make sense through that flashback? I understand after learning the truth, Sasuke's attitude towards Itachi has done a complete 360. However, what exactly was the flashback supposed to establish? That Sasuke and Itachi's team work makes sense because of something that happened eight or so years ago? I'm sorry, I don't buy that. After all the crap that Sasuke has been through since then, it just doesn't hold together. My final issue with this chapter is the fact that Sasuke still hasn't done anything. This will most likely change in the upcoming chapters but it is still annoying. I know that Itachi is a great character, but why does he have to be the center of attention. He's dead, isn't the whole purpose of this war to have the living get spotlight?

Side note, I think that we should use the scans from "likenaruto.com," they do a better job of showing that Kabuto didn't actually close his his eyes when his technique ended.

Last edited:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hello, hello, welcome again to another Joint Review!!:party...
It's a great pleasure again to do such a teamwork, and where else would teamwork fit more, than Naruto, where teamwork is one of the most important elements of the manga....well:sweat...was until a certain point, but it still returns from time to time...like in this week's chapter:confetti

Of course the teamwork in this week's chapter is just a culmination of other teamworks that have been happening in the this war. However there is a certain difference between the teamworks of the protagonists of the younger generation and that of the older generation. And the difference is the emotional level. Today's heros, like Naruto, need a deep emotional connection to be able to pull off the stuff they want, and the deeper this connection, the more impressive are the stuff that they do. The last one to be benefit from Naruto's abilities being the Kyuubi and the other Bijuu.

Sasuke doesn't seem to be exempt from this rule either. His teamwork with his brother Itachi is not based on skill level of both and the ability to adapt to each other's styles, but it's more of a testament of their bond as brothers. Which is not a traditional brotherly bond, mind you.

This bond is placed in opposition with the loneliness of Kabuto, a loneliness which is defined by its ferociousness. But nobody is more equipped to define these two opposing sides than Kishimoto himself:
He was hated, left alone and had to hide himself, but he sharpened his claws waiting for this moment.
Kabuto the chosen one for this week's cover, but as the tides of the battle change, the focus is back on the brothers.
Their bond will never fade away

But let's see what happens in more detail between those two sentences, so please gather around the fire.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

I might change some of the wording before we post the review(cuz I don't like some parts), but the I definitely won't expand...but anyway...here's my part...depending on how the other parts will come in, which will influence the time frame, I might include an art analysis as well, if it won't be taken...but that takes a bit more time, so I dunno, yet...

Delbi

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Hey guys sorry I haven't been able to post my part yet I've had a bit of a busy weekend and haven't had any power at my place since Friday Night due to a storm. I should be able to get my section up either tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

---------- Post added April 02, 2012 at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was April 01, 2012 at 03:44 PM ----------

This fight between Sasuke, Itachi and Kabuto is finally heating up, and right off the bat Kabuto pulls out one hell of a jutsu with Sage Technique: Hakugeki jutsu. The ability to blind, deafen and paralyze your opponent all at once is incredible and just goes to show how powerful Kabuto is while in Sage Mode. Truly, there is nothing even close to this technique in the manga and it's all Kabuto's as no one else can use it.

Even still though...Kabuto may be powerful, but Itachi is simply too badass. Even while his dead head is splitting, Itachi was still able to somehow stop Kabuto from literally eating Sasuke. Of course, Itachi, a man who can practically see into the future, was able to anticipate Kabuto's moves, and so he planned ahead. We should expect nothing less from a shinobi of his caliber.

But moving on, we are finally seeing some teamwork from our genius duo, as they use one of their few good memories together to push Kabuto pretty hard with nice tactics. Even still though, Kabuto is one slippery snake (pun intended) and is doing one hell of a job dodging and maneuvering through everything they throw at him which just goes to show how powerful and skilled he has become.

So of course, we see their plan fail like it did in the past, but Kabuto being overconfident falls for Itachi's favorite trick, the crow bushin. It's amazing that Itachi had the time to create a bushin in this mess of a fight without even Kabuto and his now heralded perception not noticing.

We end with Itachi taking off a few inches of Kabuto's horns, and the Uchiha Brothers standing united side by side, now ready to work together to take down Kabuto. Next week we should hopefully see more teamwork and even greater jutsu.

The action was faster paced this week and things are heating up nicely. Still waiting for that "wow" moment, so the action for this chapter will receive a 3.5/5.

Impression:

Overall I liked this chapter a lot. The flashback between Itachi and Sasuke was unexpected and I really enjoyed it. I'm glad to see that it because it makes their relationship seem much more real that it has in the past knowing they even did missions together as children.

The fight scene is also heating up and I'm glad to see Itachi and Sasuke working together. And Kabuto...while I don't think it's plausible for him to be as strong as he is now, I'm glad we now have someone who shows us what Orochimaru should have been. Kabuto is one hell of a monster and it's going to be interesting to see how he'll meet his end.
Here's my part.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Thanks a lot...looks like jdw didn't manage this week, so I'll take his part and go ahead with it...

NOTE: if anyone else wants to post it, you know...in order to keep the potential convo going on, reply to the comments, take in the thanks, go ahead, and after I'm ready I will put it together so you can post it...the full review will be found in the OP

---------- Post added April 07, 2012 at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was April 02, 2012 at 06:49 PM ----------

Sorry for not getting this thing together and post it:sweat...

Also I won't be available for this weekend so if anyone wants to organize the Naruto review this week, is welcome...I'm away for Easter and such...Happy Easter everyone!:vbunny...see you soon, and hopefully we will make a comeback with a very cool review of 3 chapters next time....giving an overall view of this fight would be cool!

Mata ne!

KiSwordsman

Reaction score
Country
United States
I honestly thought we weren't doing it this week because last week didn't happen. however if we are doing it, I'll take care of the characters section,

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Sorry guys for all the confusion that's going on right now. I have some RL stuff I have to attend and all the other people who I hoped would sub in for me kinda have the same problem. I do hope we'll be able to fix the situation soon, though. There's a big meeting planned between me, cez and bene (we just need to find a common time for all of us) where we'll discuss the future of the RA. I hope that after that we'll be succesfully to revive the RA again.