Shounen - Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12 - Part 1

He wasn't surprised by Raikage's punch after Mei's attack. Makes you wonder if he knew Raikage was coming.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Can't see how, when Mei's lava would have blocked Ee from his sight.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Sensor? Cuz he wasn't surprised at all and react just fine to Raikage.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

As far as we know, Madara has no sensory abilities, else he wouldn't have been tricked by Hashirama at VotE.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Sensing isn't a passive ability though, it has to be used first. Madara probably couldn't use his sensing ability because he was too tired or low on chakra.

Dark blood

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

May be he have some sensing abilities alongwith Rinnengan, Just like Naruto did with Fox Cloak.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Sensing isn't a passive ability though, it has to be used first. Madara probably couldn't use his sensing ability because he was too tired or low on chakra.
Sensing appears as a passive ability from what we seen with Karin and others. The only time it seems to require concentration is locating specific people And as far as we know, being tired/injured shouldn't matter and it doesn't cost much.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

I'm not sure if it's entirely passive as apparently, to sense one needs to expand his or her chakra in a general area or touch the ground. Aoi and other sensors didn't even recognize anything funny with Danzou pumping chakra into his right eye or detect Sasuke when he invaded.

Dark blood

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Can any one tell me which place people are refering as Madara had some sensory abilities, I just re read the chapter in which he was fighting with Kages, and that was all good sharp reflexes and battle experience at his part.

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

The chapter when he felt Hashirama's chakra from miles away. That awesome rape face he made.

This helps to make me believe that the Rinnegan grants the ability to sense chakra, though it could just be his Hashirama DNA. I don't think there's been a Rinnegan wielder who hasn't shown the ability to sense chakra. Obito technically hasn't, but he's stated to be able to track people from anywhere.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm not sure if it's entirely passive as apparently, to sense one needs to expand his or her chakra in a general area or touch the ground. Aoi and other sensors didn't even recognize anything funny with Danzou pumping chakra into his right eye or detect Sasuke when he invaded.
Karin has sense people numerous times without being aware of a need to sense them. Naruto too has sense people without knowing to look for them.

The chapter when he felt Hashirama's chakra from miles away. That awesome rape face he made.

This helps to make me believe that the Rinnegan grants the ability to sense chakra, though it could just be his Hashirama DNA. I don't think there's been a Rinnegan wielder who hasn't shown the ability to sense chakra. Obito technically hasn't, but he's stated to be able to track people from anywhere.
I think that's more about the sheer strength of Hashirama's chakra, same way Sasuke and co all sensed Naruto's chakra despite not being sensors.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Can any one tell me which place people are refering as Madara had some sensory abilities, I just re read the chapter in which he was fighting with Kages, and that was all good sharp reflexes and battle experience at his part.
That has never been mentioned in the manga otherwise Rikudou King and I would not be having a discussion or debate. I was wondering if Madara could sense because he was able to react to Raikage without shock at him appearing out of nowhere.

Of course, that could be attributed to having have lived in a period of constant fighting and wars, so he wouldn't be shocked or scared.
Karin has sense people numerous times without being aware of a need to sense them. Naruto too has sense people without knowing to look for them.
Probably because they weren't trying to hide their chakra or were actively sensing?

Dark blood

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

That has never been mentioned in the manga otherwise Rikudou King and I would not be having a discussion or debate. I was wondering if Madara could sense because he was able to react to Raikage without shock at him appearing out of nowhere.

Of course, that could be attributed to having have lived in a period of constant fighting and wars, so he wouldn't be shocked or scared.
Ah Thanx, i thought i missed some thing :D

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

That is may be just like when once a hound learns some scent it recognises whenever it comes in his smelling radius.
In humans well you don't have to concentrate too much to track your favourite smell you constantly encounter many smells / fragrance but you recognise as soon as you smell something familiar, same happens with sensors i guess, they keep feeling chakras all the time but the as soon as they feel a familiar one they recognize it straight away

Roman

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia

It's simply the level of chakra's power. The manga reached the point in which one doesn't have to be a sensor to sense strong chakras like Hashirama's or Naruto's.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco

I think that's more about the sheer strength of Hashirama's chakra, same way Sasuke and co all sensed Naruto's chakra despite not being sensors.
Nagato too was able to sense Kabuto's chakra if I recall right, and Itachi said it was Nagato's ability, so I suppose the Rinnegan can grant you this ability

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Probably because they weren't trying to hide their chakra or were actively sensing?
Well hiding one's chakra shouldn't mean an ability is active, they weren't in a situation where they would have been purposely sensing.

That is may be just like when once a hound learns some scent it recognises whenever it comes in his smelling radius.
In humans well you don't have to concentrate too much to track your favourite smell you constantly encounter many smells / fragrance but you recognise as soon as you smell something familiar, same happens with sensors i guess, they keep feeling chakras all the time but the as soon as they feel a familiar one they recognize it straight away
Which would suggest their abilities are passive, as mentioned before.

Nagato too was able to sense Kabuto's chakra if I recall right, and Itachi said it was Nagato's ability, so I suppose the Rinnegan can grant you this ability
Or his Uzumaki blood, considering Miko and Karin. Neither Obito or Madara have showed similar sensoring, nor did the Paths, despite all having the Rinnegan.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Passive could mean that their chakra was naturally spread out, like it apparently is for nearly all shinobi, which allowed them to automatically sense. Naruto probably can't sense in Sage Mode far enough unless he concentrates, and neither can Karin. I have no fucking idea what I'm arguing for though.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Passive could mean that their chakra was naturally spread out, like it apparently is for nearly all shinobi, which allowed them to automatically sense. Naruto probably can't sense in Sage Mode far enough unless he concentrates, and neither can Karin. I have no fucking idea what I'm arguing for though.
That's what I was saying though. The ability is always on normally, without the user having to willingly employ it except to find specific targets. Madara was never shown sensing anyone but Hashirama and that seems more due to it being Hashirama then due to an ability.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Somewhat interesting how he was the only one to sense Hashirama while no one else was able to. Could be due to the fact that Madara was the only one who knew Hashirama and could therefore spot him easily? The other shinobi were most likely born after Hashirama died, and Oonoki was being healed by Tsunade.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco

Or his Uzumaki blood, considering Miko and Karin. Neither Obito or Madara have showed similar sensoring, nor did the Paths, despite all having the Rinnegan.

Madara did sense Hashirama though