Second Round - Naruto vs. Made in Abyss | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Second Round Naruto vs. Made in Abyss

Who wins?

• Naruto

• Made in Abyss

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Naruto
Masashi Kishimoto
-

Made in Abyss
Akihito Tsukushi

Rules- You are allowed to vote for one Manga
- After 5 days, the Manga with the most votes will proceed into the next round
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it
Special Rules- We proudly encourage you to share the best pics of your Manga!
- Earn the possibility to win a badge by being the proudest Mangalover around!

White Rabbit

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I've got a tattoo of the konoha-emblem on my right arm... Naruto entertained me for more than a decade... but my vote still goes to Made in Abyss.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I really, really, really hope the modern masterpiece beats out the orange mediocrity.... BONDREWD BEST DAD!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Nanachi a guy.

Why not?
Nanachi's gender is ambiguous,the creator confirmed it sex on Twitter, stating: "the sex of Nanachi is unknown. Let's imagine :)."

But if Nanachi is not female why did Nanachi get embarrassed when Reg hugged Nanachi?

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nanachi's gender is ambiguous,the creator confirmed it sex on Twitter, stating: "the sex of Nanachi is unknown. Let's imagine :)."

But if Nanachi is not female why did Nanachi get embarrassed when Riko hugged Nanachi?
wouldn't that be more evidence for to be a guy if he got nervous while a girl hugged him? (unless you mean reg and that could easily be due to issues.)

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
wouldn't that be more evidence for to be a guy if he got nervous while a girl hugged him? (unless you mean reg and that could easily be due to issues.)
Oh i meant Reg,sorry for the confusion.

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh i meant Reg,sorry for the confusion.
Don't worry about it. I think it was confusing for the auhtor to give the main leads two similar sounding names.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I would feel bad without a single campaign post, so...

First of all, Made in Abyss is a story of exploration. Exploring the unknown, exploring your limits, and exploring what people most hold dear. For some it may be a long lost partner, for others it's supporting your closest friend, and for someone else it may even be to uncover the secrets of the world.

For Riko, our female main protagonist, it is to delve into the Abyss and to find her missing mother, Lyza.

She is a White Whistle, people who have incredible experience as delvers. They're allowed to go wherever they want inside the Abyss, usually being in possession of multiple powerful artifacts and/or followers. Those artifacts make them a very strong force, and people consider their stories about the Abyss as truth, even if there is no proof. There are only five of them, but they stand at the very top of the whistle ladder.

The Whistle System of Made in Abyss

Looking at this, bell owners haven't dived at all yet, while Black Whistles have a lot of experience and are free to dive down to the 4th layer. They often support or serve White Whistles too, who are usually seen as an almost outlandish existence, because of their strength and feats. They each have their own specific title, and they're the only ones with custom Whistles made specifically for them, and no one else.

Riko is just a Red Whistle, but still decides to descend together with Reg. And while the first layer is considered relatively harmless, things start getting very dangerous on the 2nd layer.

Here they actually meet one of the White Whistles, Ozen "The Immovable". She leads the only true resting place for humans inside the Abyss, called Seeker Camp. But more about her next time~

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Made in Abyss is captivating in a way that Naruto was never able to be. Over the course of only 40 or so chapters to date, this gem has managed to dazzle our minds with fantastic visuals of a strange, subterranean world that we could only dream of. Naruto isn't even being campaigned for and nostalgia is pretty weak in the face of this blossoming masterpiece.

Vote for Made in Abyss!

Status
Not open for further replies.