Semifinal - Natsu vs. Laxus | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Natsu vs. Laxus

Who wins?

• Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 37 72.5%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexbend

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Base Natsu/Natsu without DF isn't going down to Laxus that easily like everyone is suggesting....like did we forget he tangoed with GS Aldo and survived getting turned to a porcupine?

Natsu's endurance/durability is to high for the fight to simply be a low-mid diff or anything short of extreme-diff. Not like it matters since the moment Natsu goes DF it becomes a one shot.

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
I agree natsu wins this battle high diff but @grey matter u trippin natsu fdkm is losing to laxus. END was a joke nothing suggests that FDKM is stronger than RL laxus
You agree current base Natsu gives Laxus low-mid diff?

FDKM Natsu >> base Natsu.

Maybe Laxus will win, but nothing less than an extreme diff fight.

DF Natsu stomps though, it won't be high diff.
He's above a nerfed DG, which makes him far superior to everyone including even Gildarts.

Base Natsu/Natsu without DF isn't going down to Laxus that easily like everyone is suggesting....like did we forget he tangoed with GS Aldo and survived getting turned to a porcupine?

Natsu's endurance/durability is to high for the fight to simply be a low-mid diff or anything short of extreme-diff. Not like it matters since the moment Natsu goes DF it becomes a one shot.
LFD Natsu ~ ISD Gajeel > base Natsu
Laxus wins against base Natsu without much issues.

Aldo seed was toying until it was too late. He could've one shot if he wished to. Suzaku can one shot base Natsu casually, which means Aldo seed could've done so with ease as well.
DF somehow allows Natsu to heal, so getting turned into porcupine didn't mean much

Hexbend

Reaction score
Country
United States

Aldo seed was toying until it was too late. He could've one shot if he wished to. Suzaku can one shot base Natsu casually, which means Aldo seed could've done so with ease as well.
DF somehow allows Natsu to heal, so getting turned into porcupine didn't mean much
Aldo decided on killing Natsu after the speech and Natsu tanked multiple blows from Aldo even a named attack. I don't see anything short of DG or close to that tier characters knocking down Natsu.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Aldo decided on killing Natsu after the speech and Natsu tanked multiple blows from Aldo even a named attack. I don't see anything short of DG or close to that tier characters knocking down Natsu.
He didn't tank it, he got destroyed by it and got knocked down.
DF merely reverted all that damage.
And this was after 4/5 God seeds went down, nerfing Aldo seed massively

And again, if Suzaku can one shot base Natsu casually, so can Aldo. He simply played around until he got massively nerfed.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Natsu still has never beaten Laxus. Hence his excitement during the BoFT2. An without DF…he can’t
How does this mean anything? Natsu got equally excited for everyone.

Hexbend

Reaction score
Country
United States
He didn't tank it, he got destroyed by it and got knocked down.
DF merely reverted all that damage.
And this was after 4/5 God seeds went down, nerfing Aldo seed massively

And again, if Suzaku can one shot base Natsu casually, so can Aldo. He simply played around until he got massively nerfed.
After the speech about his past, Aldo pretty much states he'll end Natsu, in which Natsu tanks hits and the leaf storm from Aldo not the thorns.

That's besides the point....the fact that Natsu can still endure and be conscious after being impaled like that speaks volumes to his endurance.

Aldo wasn't massively nerfed by his own words. He was somewhat weakened, that's not a massive nerf by his own admission.

A feat for Suzaku not Aldo.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
I can see Laxus defeating Natsu using FDK powers with hard battle.

I still don't think Natsu should turn into Dragon Force vs a friend, even if he is stronger or equal to him.
"Dragon Force" appears with Natsu's climax wrath with intent to kill, usually against a foe who menace his people to die (Gray's sacrifice vs Memento Mori / Zeleph saying he will erase current time line to defeat Acnologia, Aldo God Seed taking humans as nutriments). He can "will" this Mode but "needs" circumstances to climax his powers.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I can see Laxus defeating Natsu using FDK powers with hard battle.

I still don't think Natsu should turn into Dragon Force vs a friend, even if he is stronger or equal to him.
"Dragon Force" appears with Natsu's climax wrath with intent to kill, usually against a foe who menace his people to die (Gray's sacrifice vs Memento Mori / Zeleph saying he will erase current time line to defeat Acnologia, Aldo God Seed taking humans as nutriments). He can "will" this Mode but "needs" circumstances to climax his powers.
exactly this is tournament so that doesnt matter in this fantasy battle characters can go for the kill here
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You agree current base Natsu gives Laxus low-mid diff?

FDKM Natsu >> base Natsu.

Maybe Laxus will win, but nothing less than an extreme diff fight.

DF Natsu stomps though, it won't be high diff.
He's above a nerfed DG, which makes him far superior to everyone including even Gildarts.

base natsu will lose the same way he lost back in FF arc thats how i see it gajeel can still stalemale this guy
ya ur probably right imo high diff but regardless i dont see him losing here

df natsu i agree no diff but im assuming he isnt gonna start the battle right off the battle with DF if he does then its onehot

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
exactly this is tournament so that doesnt matter in this fantasy battle characters can go for the kill here
Agree but don't we have to respect "in character's mind", even in the Tournament ?
Laxus is not attempting to kill Lucy, Gray or else weaker. Natsu will give his best as "regular" human form (FDK). Still it should be a tough battle as they have same way to fight : offensive without restrictions, anger, with high durability and determination. Close fight for me.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
After the speech about his past, Aldo pretty much states he'll end Natsu, in which Natsu tanks hits and the leaf storm from Aldo not the thorns.

That's besides the point....the fact that Natsu can still endure and be conscious after being impaled like that speaks volumes to his endurance.

Aldo wasn't massively nerfed by his own words. He was somewhat weakened, that's not a massive nerf by his own admission.

A feat for Suzaku not Aldo.
Yeah, and it destroyed him. If it weren't for DF's mysterious healing properties, Natsu would be having several holes in his body.

Sure. But if it weren't for DF he'd still be KO. He'll be alive and barely conscious, with no means to retaliate

Where did he state that?
From just one seed going down, his stats weakened to the point Natsu could perceive and dodge them, while earlier he didn't even know what had hit him

Aldo with all seeds intact > Suzaku, so whatever Suzaku did scales to Aldo

Characters aren't in character. Also, emotions etc won't hinder them. Natsu will see Laxus as he saw Zeref, Mard and Aldo.

base natsu will lose the same way he lost back in FF arc thats how i see it gajeel can still stalemale this guy
ya ur probably right imo high diff but regardless i dont see him losing here

df natsu i agree no diff but im assuming he isnt gonna start the battle right off the battle with DF if he does then its onehot
I think the gap is lower. Laxus isn't one shotting base Natsu with a roar like he did in FF arc. It just means Gajeel also relatively improved as well.
Yeah, I see FDKM Natsu and Laxus in same tier. I think FDKM Natsu has shown enough to make me put him above Laxus. If you disagree that's fine too, they're close enough where I can see where you're coming from. Anyway, it would be a high-extreme diff no matter who wins here

I see.
The thing is, Natsu doesn't need much time to get into DF. He simply needs to have the mindset that he wants to destroy the opponent. Considering characters are bloodlusted here, don't think that's an issue

Hexbend

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, and it destroyed him. If it weren't for DF's mysterious healing properties, Natsu would be having several holes in his body.

Sure. But if it weren't for DF he'd still be KO. He'll be alive and barely conscious, with no means to retaliate

Where did he state that?
From just one seed going down, his stats weakened to the point Natsu could perceive and dodge them, while earlier he didn't even know what had hit him

Aldo with all seeds intact > Suzaku, so whatever Suzaku did scales to Aldo
I'm not talking about the Thorns here, he was tanking attacks well before that.

During his fight with Natsu when he decided to kill Natsu. Chapter 60

Natsu was tanking attacks from a somewhat Weakened Aldo....who Suzaku would be above considering his feats.

atlantisreturns

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Natsu oneshots him.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Base Laxus beats FDK Natsu. RLM Laxus wins with strength to spare. DF Natsu oneshots Laxus
There are FDK attacks, and then there is FDKM.

An attack from FDKM Natsu vap'd an entire lake while one shotting Jacob, and destroyed a city when he used it on Aldoron.

He also one shotted the avatar of a war God, and Erza was seen smiling proudly, seemingly indicating that he had finally surpassed her.

This Natsu should be able to win

Nothing suggests partial END or darkness Gray < Erza

Amazing how people scale it from just her blocking an attack with her hands getting damaged. What should've happened, you expected that punch to one shot her? Lol

Except Gray can't use his "darkness" willingly.

Laxus isn't beating FDKM or partial END. A less demonized partial END overpowered Dimaria's timestop and no diff'd her

Base Natsu could give Laxus low diff even in x784. The gap between them had only been decreasing. Current base Natsu alone will give him low-mid diff. You think current FDKM Natsu, who's >> current base Natsu, is losing mid diff to Laxus?

What suggests Natsu needs a lot of time to go into DF? He could've gone DF whenever he needed, against Zeref and Aldo. He simply didn't do it, because he believed they could still be redeemed, until he didn't

WTF
Vaping a lake means absolutely nothing. my grandma could pull off low tier shit like that.
War God also means nothing. Erza smiles at pretty much anything.
Natsu also didn't oneshot Jacob and even if he did, Laxus actually oneshot Wahl.
Nothing suggests END was partial, or that FDK is on the same level.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Vaping a lake means absolutely nothing. my grandma could pull off low tier shit like that.
War God also means nothing. Erza smiles at pretty much anything.
Natsu also didn't oneshot Jacob and even if he did, Laxus actually oneshot Wahl.
Nothing suggests END was partial, or that FDK is on the same level.
Ok, somewhat agree about vaping lake. Still it one shot Jacob.
Erza's smile was portrayal, that suggests she thinks he surpassed her
FDKM Natsu one shot Jacob, Jacob only held his own against base Natsu. Laxus also did one shot, yes. Both are comparable feats I suppose?
It was partial, because we see Natsu progressively becoming more demonic in fight against Gray. In the end, he would've been a full fledged demon.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
LFD gives Natsu lightning DS, meaning that Laxus has to use red lightning to avoid shenenigans.

FDK has a broad range of showings. Your typical FDK destruction fist is below red lightning.

FDK Purgatory that overwhelmed Madmole's defense is comparable to Raiko.

FDK with Dragon Force vaporized Zeref's body, and is overkill

FDK destruction fist that defeated FH Zeref is FDK at its full potential. It is also overkill.

END's power I would rank below red lightning altogether, and far below FDK at full potential.

Natsu's new personalized fire is above FDK, and his Purgatory Spear Dragon Fire in DF is a near god dragon level attack. Obviously overkill.

Vex_Haid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Laxus wins against current natsu if he doesn't goes DF

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Laxus wins against current natsu if he doesn't goes DF
Except he will. This tournament doesn't have any restrictions on a character's forms/modes.

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
How does this mean anything? Natsu got equally excited for everyone.
Naw, Natsu was clear Laxus was his big target, then everybody else. An the relevance is to the insinuation this isn’t an easy fight. Even before he had a mode of his own the gap between Laxus and Natsu was large. Casual moves from Alvarez Laxus accomplished the same goals FDK Natsu did. I have no problem saying Natsu can win this. I have no major issues saying he does once he goes DF for sure, but without it, it’a still a struggle. Laxus makes him work for it.

Vex_Haid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Except he will. This tournament doesn't have any restrictions on a character's forms/modes.
really? LOL
SF natsu clears the tournament with no diff

Laxus beats base natsu tho

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
DF Natsu oneshots

Status
Not open for further replies.