Final - Natsu vs. Suzaku | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final Natsu vs. Suzaku

Who wins?

• Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 34 65.4%
  • Suzaku

Votes: 18 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Natsu Dragneel
Suzaku

Voting Rules:
  • This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Voting and Discussion ends: September 18th, 2021

atlantisreturns

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
DF Natsu eats him for breakfast. This isn't close. He defeated a nerfed Dragon Aldoron. On the other hand George , someone far superior to Suzaku , got oneshot by Selene. Natsu would stomp even George.

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Had this been before the latest chapter, I would have said Suzaku high diffs DF Natsu, but, I've changed my mind.

Suzaku wipes the floor with base Natsu, but, if Natsu goes Dragon Force, it's all over. It was revealed that Selene jobbed and that Suzaku didn't really hurt her at all, he only really cut into her gut in an attack in which she deliberately took, while Dragon Force Natsu defeated a nerfed Dragon God.

So, Suzaku stomps base Natsu, DF Natsu stomps Suzaku.

Last edited:

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu wins

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Yeah, agreed with Orphan. Before I would've said Suzaku, but now its Natsu.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Suzaku's can win if he one shots Natsu before he goes DF. Which is doable for him.

If Natsu goes DF, Natsu wins. But it should be closer than people think it would be

Not sure who to vote for.

Had this been before the latest chapter, I would have said Suzaku high diffs DF Natsu, but, I've changed my mind.

Suzaku wipes the floor with base Natsu, but, if Natsu goes Dragon Force, it's all over. It was revealed that Selene jobbed and that Suzaku didn't really hurt her at all, he only really cut into her gut in an attack in which she deliberately took, while Dragon Force Natsu defeated a nerfed Dragon God.

So, Suzaku stomps base Natsu, DF Natsu stomps Suzaku.
Selene jobbed, but all that damage was real. He has the attack power to deal good damage to human DG tiers if they decide to job. Which is something that can't be said for anyone else except DF Natsu

Dragon Selene being able to one shot Suzaku was expected, I even predicted that would happen back in the days.
Erza was able to hold her own against human Eileen, but dragon Eileen one shotted Erza. It would've been same with Suzaku too, since the boosts both received should be comparable (since both are dragons in their "natural" forms)
Dragon Selene one shotting George was what was completely unexpected for me

Human Aldo was probably at around 15-20% when DF Natsu defeated him.
So, I don't think DF Natsu stomps
But still, I think DF Natsu can deal same damage, or more, to human Selene if she jobbed as well.
So, I agree DF Natsu is stronger

Last edited:

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Selene jobbed, but all that damage was real. He has the attack power to deal good damage to human DG tiers if they decide to job. Which is something that can't be said for anyone else except DF Natsu
I'm not saying that the damage that Selene took wasn't real, he managed to slice into her flesh, and that is impressive as not many could have damaged her even if she allowed them free hits, and I stand by the argument I made in an earlier thread, that I don't think Erza could have done the same had Acnologia tried to deliberately allow her to do damage to him.

But, the thing is, I think that Selene could have easily gotten up and just shrugged off his attack like it was nothing. Sure, he damaged her, he gave her a flesh wound, I just don't think he did much or meaningful damage to her.

atlantisreturns

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Damaging your enemy when they aren't in fighting stance isn't a feat. This has been demonstrated in the series multiple times before. Brandish stabbed August when he had his guard down. Dimaria sliced Brandish with a mere knife when Brandish can tank attacks from Taurus Lucy. Taurus Lucy has kicked harder than Gajeel on an instance. Brandish could use her magic on Natsu when he wasn't in battle stance. As far as I am concerned that damage to Selene which she deliberately took means absolutely nothing. She let her guard down intentionally , and she very likely lowered her magical defenses to the level how they are when one is not aware of a fight. Suzaku deserved to win in the previous round cause his feat of oneshotting Natsu and Erza hasn't been replicated by Gildarts yet , but here he literally has no chance.

This :

VS

This :

Natsu burned Aldoron's Dragon form as well , not just his God Seed form. He was inside Aldoron's belly. That fire you see coming out of Aldoron , that's all Natsu's magic. Natsu did all that damage to Aldoron , Natsu ripped a hole through him , Natsu vaped his body. Suzaku managed just a cut on Human Selene's face. There is leagues difference between them.

And Natsu doesn't need time to go into Dragon Force. He can do it instantly. This isn't Alvarez arc anymore that he needs POF to activate it. Ever since he devoured Ignia's flames he has learnt to instantly transform. Look at how little time it took for Natsu to come out of Aldoron's thicket.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I choose Suzaku cuz Natsu is boring xd

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
I'm not saying that the damage that Selene took wasn't real, he managed to slice into her flesh, and that is impressive as not many could have damaged her even if she allowed them free hits, and I stand by the argument I made in an earlier thread, that I don't think Erza could have done the same had Acnologia tried to deliberately allow her to do damage to him.

But, the thing is, I think that Selene could have easily gotten up and just shrugged off his attack like it was nothing. Sure, he damaged her, he gave her a flesh wound, I just don't think he did much or meaningful damage to her.
On bold part, no.

Could she have got up and one shot in dragon form? Yeah

She was bleeding profusely from that attack, and was spitting blood. That's not something you're going to just get up and shrugg off like nothing

Damaging your enemy when they aren't in fighting stance isn't a feat. This has been demonstrated in the series multiple times before. Brandish stabbed August when he had his guard down. Dimaria sliced Brandish with a mere knife when Brandish can tank attacks from Taurus Lucy. Taurus Lucy has kicked harder than Gajeel on an instance. Brandish could use her magic on Natsu when he wasn't in battle stance. As far as I am concerned that damage to Selene which she deliberately took means absolutely nothing. She let her guard down intentionally , and she very likely lowered her magical defenses to the level how they are when one is not aware of a fight. Suzaku deserved to win in the previous round cause his feat of oneshotting Natsu and Erza hasn't been replicated by Gildarts yet , but here he literally has no chance.

This :

VS

This :

Natsu burned Aldoron's Dragon form as well , not just his God Seed form. He was inside Aldoron's belly. That fire you see coming out of Aldoron , that's all Natsu's magic. Natsu did all that damage to Aldoron , Natsu ripped a hole through him , Natsu vaped his body. Suzaku managed just a cut on Human Selene's face. There is leagues difference between them.

And Natsu doesn't need time to go into Dragon Force. He can do it instantly. This isn't Alvarez arc anymore that he needs POF to activate it. Ever since he devoured Ignia's flames he has learnt to instantly transform. Look at how little time it took for Natsu to come out of Aldoron's thicket.
I agree that the attack basically should be treated like it would be an off guard attack.
But how many characters can do such damage to an Acno tier if they catch them off guard? So far, the answer should still be just DF Natsu and Suzaku.

Dimaria vs Brandish wasn't tho. She literally stops time, there is no "defence" that you can put up against it. All attacks used by Dimaria would be like if she caught them off guard, by default.

The thing is, DF Natsu never fought against dragon Aldo.
The same attack used against dragon Aldo directly wouldn't have done much IMO. The reason it blew a hole through dragon Aldo was because the same attack took down Aldo seed, hence all seeds were down by that point. Which means Aldo was dead at that point, and his body at that point merely got reduced to a huge mass of forest, without the inherent durability of "dragon Aldo"

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
She was bleeding profusely from that attack, and was spitting blood. That's not something you're going to just get up and shrugg off like nothing
I don't think she bled all that much, from the looks of it, it was just blood spewing out of her from the slash itself, as for her coughing out blood, her stomach was cut, plus, it's not uncommon for characters to cough up blood in anime and be just fine afterwards. Plus, Laxus suffered similar wounds to Selene and he was fine.

The slashes that Laxus and Selene suffered were pretty similar, and Laxus was perfectly fine after Erza sliced into him, so, it's not outlandish for Selene to be just fine after suffering her gut wound from Suzaku.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
I don't think she bled all that much, from the looks of it, it was just blood spewing out of her from the slash itself, as for her coughing out blood, her stomach was cut, plus, it's not uncommon for characters to cough up blood in anime and be just fine afterwards. Plus, Laxus suffered similar wounds to Selene and he was fine.

The slashes that Laxus and Selene suffered were pretty similar, and Laxus was perfectly fine after Erza sliced into him, so, it's not outlandish for Selene to be just fine after suffering her gut wound from Suzaku.
IMO the damage he dealt was greater than against Laxus.

But yeah, that's a reasonable comparison.
The damage dealt by Natsu/Gray swords was significant, but ultimately Laxus was fine. Selene's case would've been somewhat similar if she wasn't acting, I agree

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Nerfed Aldo did worse against Base Natsu than Suzaku did, much worse. I'm not seeing any reason to believe Suzaku wouldn't kill him.

atlantisreturns

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I agree that the attack basically should be treated like it would be an off guard attack.
But how many characters can do such damage to an Acno tier if they catch them off guard? So far, the answer should still be just DF Natsu and Suzaku.

Dimaria vs Brandish wasn't tho. She literally stops time, there is no "defence" that you can put up against it. All attacks used by Dimaria would be like if she caught them off guard, by default.

The thing is, DF Natsu never fought against dragon Aldo.
The same attack used against dragon Aldo directly wouldn't have done much IMO. The reason it blew a hole through dragon Aldo was because the same attack took down Aldo seed, hence all seeds were down by that point. Which means Aldo was dead at that point, and his body at that point merely got reduced to a huge mass of forest, without the inherent durability of "dragon Aldo"
Sure , but the comparison here is to DF Natsu , so Suzaku doing that to a Selene with her guard down doesn't really mean anything when Natsu has fought Aldo in an actual fight.

We don't know that though. If Dimaria told her opponent that she's going to stop time and attack then the opponent could be ready for her , then I doubt she could easily slice like that. It's the opposite , her magic revolves around surprise tactics and oneshotting. The opponent doesn't know what is coming.

We don't know that. Firstly , the thing Natsu fought was different from a human form , it was sort of Aldo's brain as he himself put it. Contrary to what Irene said about her dragon form increasing her power , Aldoron on the other hand outright told Natsu that he was mistaken about his power decreasing in the seed he was fighting. This is further implied when Gajeel fighting Aldo distracted the god seed for Natsu to land a hit on him. Secondly , even in the scenario the God Seed somehow doesn't command Aldo's power , we have another statement from the seed which said Dragon Aldoron's power can revive the god seeds , which means defeating God Seed doesn't really mean Aldoron is defeated. Thirdly , even discarding all of this , Natsu blew the hole in Dragon Aldoron BEFORE he defeated the God Seed. Look at the panels , god seed didn't die until 3 pages later.

Natsu wins all angles considered.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
I can see them pretty even. As Suzaku is way faster, he potentially can slash Natsu and one shot him, before he turns Dragon Force. Vote for Suzaku as Natsu can't use all his might in the beginning of a fight. But I can change my vote as I am still confuse.

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany

GG NO RE

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
natsu murder suzaku, he's not even beating gildarts.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
What I find funny is that in all of the fantasy battles throughout the tournament so far, it seemed like the only thing that people cared about was "feats"...

When we finally get to a canon battle that has been proven through actual feats from the manga itself - all of a sudden, feats are ignored and everything else becomes relevant to the discussion again.

For the record, I only have a single standard and this is as close to a "manga feat" as you will possibly ever get:

And this time, there's absolutely no ambiguity in terms of whether or not Natsu was serious.

Natsu not reaching his full potential does not mean that he wasn't serious.

Suzaku was just fast enough in finishing him off before he could ever unleash his peak power, which is the nature of this tournament.

Last edited:

Zero001

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Although Suzaku hype has dropped for what happened in the last chapter of the manga, this confrontation was already canon and Suzaku was too fast for Natsu and he was defeated, so officially for now the same should happen, this didn't happen off-screen to doubt about that at least for now , Suzaku won really fast
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

What I find funny is that in all of the fantasy battles throughout the tournament so far, it seemed like the only thing that people cared about was "feats"...

When we finally get to a canon battle that has been proven through actual feats from the manga itself - all of a sudden, feats are ignored and everything else becomes relevant to the discussion again.

For the record, I only have a single standard and this is as close to a "manga feat" as you will possibly ever get:

And this time, there's absolutely no ambiguity in terms of whether or not Natsu was serious.

Natsu not reaching his full potential does not mean that he wasn't serious.

Suzaku was just fast enough in finishing him off before he could ever unleash his peak power, which is the nature of this tournament.
Well this seems to work based on the character's favoritism

Status
Not open for further replies.