Misc Attempt - Need experienced cleaner help! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Misc Attempt Need experienced cleaner help!

Airianna

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Im experiencing problems while cleaning a page for Shakagun no Shana.
Help? ^ ^

PM me your email/for the link and I'll send it to you. :)

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?qtazdv1nxyi
^heres the link

Last edited:

dosetsu

Reaction score
Country
United States
It would make more sense to just upload it to an image host, post it, then explain what it is you need help with…

thefolenangel

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
I agree with dosetsku.

dosetsu

Reaction score
Country
United States
So anyway, what is it you need help with?

Marino

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
i dont know what's the problem here, 'coz you did not mentioned (of course)
but in SFX part, maybe sfx sometimes helps to determine the emotion of the character/s,

since i dont know what really bothers, here, i hope i can help a little,

http://www.mediafire.com/helpers

b-werx

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I see, it's the redrawing part...
Well, to you it may look shabby, but to others who is not aware of your edit it looks fine.

that is not after I checked the mysterious shape layers then I noticed panel 4 was badly edited, though you did fine cloning the tone, you just need to use finer lines. As I can see you are using 'Line Tool' to reconstruct the panel borders and you probably used 'Brush Tool' to redraw part of the necklace.

All I can say is just use finer lines and you'll be fine. Usually when I redraw I use line tool set to 1px. Not 'pt' it's 'px'! 1 pt is almost 1.5 px, so it's thicker.

In redrawing parts inside the panel I use line tool set to 1 px and the line quality matches nearly all raws. If you check out the Angry Fox Scans releases many of the reconstructions I did there were using the line tool. And the edits are not very noticeable, except for the patterns XD

[Ju-Ni]Vicissitude

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
For the last panel it looks pretty good, though trying to match the gradient might be a bit annoying. I'd say try to eyeball it with the gradient tool, experimenting with the opacity and a whole lot of Ctrl+Z. That's how I usually do it. Once you get the pattern right, redrawing the lines with the line tool will be easy. Just make a new layer, draw the lines, then scale down the opacity of that layer until the lines you draw more or less match the original ones.

In panel 4, the edits are a little more obvious. I've found that it's helpful to just copy a section from the raw layer and move it into position to cover up the text, then edit that as needed. The gradiented part between the actual grey pattern and the black is probably going to be your most annoying thing to replicate. Still, going to town with the clone brush is the way to go, I think. Just be careful to make sure you cover up any repeating patterns that shouldn't be there (like the little bit just above the necklace's chain on the right).

Speaking of the necklace, the brush is a little thick on it. Maybe go down to 1px and trace it once or twice instead of 3px?

Teaparty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Using the clone tool over and over again is a fast way to redraw, but it sometimes leaves undesirable brush patterns. Instead of using the clone tool, sometimes you should manually Select a portion of the pattern and copy&paste it. It should be on a new layer so just move it to a good spot, make sure the patterns blend in with the old ones, and use quick mask to do some repair jobs. Leaving the redraws on a different layer is also a smart move. You could've done this with the buildings to reduce the amount of mysterious "bumps" coming out of the sides of the buildings.

While using the brush tool, shift+click will allow you to draw straight lines. You should draw some lines for panel 2. Your round brush strokes in panel 2 were the most obvious ones imo.

Also make use of the pen tool. Your brush lines beside the pendant look very... weird. I'm not sure how it's supposed to look, but you can make very nice curves with the correct use of pen tool.

Nice editing though. You're a lot better redrawer than I am.