Question - Need help translating a page in chapter 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Need help translating a page in chapter 5

ElevatorEleven

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Background: I'm sure most people here are familiar with the Band of the Hawk fan translation of Berserk, seeing as it's the only fan translation of Berserk I've ever been able to find. I'm sure it's also no secret that their editing isn't very good, especially in early chapters. God bless their hearts for making it available to everybody, really, and if anyone from that group actually finds this post, thank you guys so much, for serious.

But I've recently been pestering my friends into reading it, and I reread a lot of Berserk myself, and I just couldn't finish it. Round about the Retribution arc, -chan and -dono were being left in inconsistently, names were being misspelled, and some word bubbles are just left blank. So starting a few days ago I've been editing it on my own from chapter 1, word bubble by word bubble, rewriting it all since I am actually a writer. Daunting task, but I have a lot of free time.

Anyway the point is, I've hit a snag, and that is I can't actually read Japanese (once again thank you Band of the Hawk for translating), so I've just been editing the existing translation. But there's a page in chapter 5 that they skipped over. There isn't a lot of text on it, but I'm sort of obsessive compulsive about the principle of providing a better Berserk for my friends.

Here's a link to the page in question.
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/berserk/c005/32.html
Can anybody translate this for me?

EDIT:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sdlkdcxiz491hb8
Oh yeah, here's the first chapter of my own editing, in case anyone was interested when I said that.

Last edited:

Serven

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I'll take a look at my Spanish volumes when I get back home.
By the way, I took a sneak peek of the chapter and I really liked it, where can I read your future work?

mote

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
First two bubbles are "zeh zeh" (panting)

"Don't think it's over just like that"

"He's waiting for you

Up above"

Serven

Reaction score
Country
Spain
In Spanish says "I'm waiting for you".

ElevatorEleven

Reaction score
Country
United States
Awesome. Thanks a ton, guys.

This thread's over now I guess, but if you like I'll make another one for my personal Berserk: Overwritten edit job. Though, I'm not quite sure where to put it.

At time of writing, I'm up to volume 5 by the way.

mote

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
In Spanish says "I'm waiting for you".
That works too. The Japanese just says "matteiru zo" without a pronoun, so whatever fits best with the context.

Maybe I'll do some rereading with your edits, Elevator ;)