Discussion - Need some suggestions on DC/Marvel | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Need some suggestions on DC/Marvel

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Can anyone suggest me some DC,marvel TV series or movies?I want to start from the scratch.

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Marvel fan here, though as more as a movie fan :cheerbunny

I started watching Marvel when the Avengers came out, so you can start with Avengers 1 and 2. I don't recommend watching the 3rd one without watching most movies before it, as all of these movies are connected in one universe.

And as far as trilogies go, I'd also suggest watching the Captain America movies.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Marvel fan here, though as more as a movie fan :cheerbunny

I started watching Marvel when the Avengers came out, so you can start with Avengers 1 and 2. I don't recommend watching the 3rd one without watching most movies before it, as all of these movies are connected in one universe.

And as far as trilogies go, I'd also suggest watching the Captain America movies.
Hmmm can you focus a bit more on Captain America movies part of it doesn't bother you?

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I mean which are the movies in the trilogy :poro
Oh, well...

There's Captain America: The First Avenger, Winter Soldier and Civil War. Out of all the trilogies beside the Avengers, they are worth checking out if you want good story, action and characters.

And of course, if you want to follow the MCU timeline, then I won't stop you from watching most Marvel movies. While they're not painfully bad as DC movies, except for the second Thor movie, some of them are average at best. So you can pick whatever you choose.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Oh, well...

There's Captain America: The First Avenger, Winter Soldier and Civil War. Out of all the trilogies beside the Avengers, they are worth checking out if you want good story, action and characters.

And of course, if you want to follow the MCU timeline, then I won't stop you from watching most Marvel movies. While they're not painfully bad as DC movies, except for the second Thor movie, some of them are average at best. So you can pick whatever you choose.
Oh thanks

@upsurge do you have any suggestions?

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Arjuna Do you have any of the streaming services? Netflix and the like?

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
My sister has

I can use that

Do you have any suggestions?
As Elusia said though, it's recommended you just watch all the MCU films as they basically get more interconnected as they go on, reaching their crescendo with Infinity War. However, my personal recommendations are Black Panther, Thor: Ragnarok, and Guardian of the Galaxy 1 and 2.

The highest recommended series on Netflix is Daredevil. Consistent quality across it's three seasons and, as of now, the most "complete".

If you are interested in a Blaxspoitation style of presentation, Luke Cage is pretty great, though, admittedly, falls off during the second half. I haven't finished the second season yet, but it had an interesting start.

I haven't watched them yet, but The Punisher's and Jessica Jones' first seasons were highly praised.

In terms of DC, if you haven't seen them already, I wholeheartedly recommend the extended DC Animated Universe series. Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League/Justice League Unlimted, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, etc. I know the first two are streaming for sure. This basically has the same thing going on with the MCU, where it all get interconnected as things progress.

Film wise, DC ain't got much going on at the moment. Man of Steel was alright. Wonder Woman can be decent or bad depending on how I feel. Batman v Superman was like a waking fever dream. Justice League was just plain boring. Aquaman looked pretty.